It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When your unborn twin is your children's mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
How very interesting! Accused of being a surrogate Mother trying to scam welfare, this poor woman went through all the hell of the judicial system trying to prove her children were actually hers! Some how she miraculously got a great lawyer or her children would have been taken away!

Fortunately for the struggling mother, she had a diligent lawyer on her side. He had initially doubted her story, but finally decided to take the case on after seeing how adamant Fairchild was that the children were hers.

The outcome:

It was then confirmed that Fairchild was indeed a chimera and her "invisible twin" lived on only in her ovaries. Her twin, who never lived, was her children's biological mother.

To give birth to the children of your unborn twin!

At that stage, Keegan was one of only 30 documented cases around the world of chimerism.

www.essentialbaby.com.au...=FD&ut m_medium=lifeandstylepuff&utm_campaign=chimera

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

i remember this story on tv...there was a second part about another lady who needed a transplant, when they tested the family, she was told the children not only weren'rt a match, but weren't hers either

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

research100

i remember this story on tv...there was a second part about another lady who needed a transplant, when they tested the family, she was told the children not only weren'rt a match, but weren't hers either

I had never heard of such a thing! I wonder if she even knew there had been an unborn twin, what a shock to find your babies don't have any of your DNA!!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I wonder if she even knew there had been an unborn twin
"Unborn twin" is a bit sensationalistic. There wasn't necessarily an actual twin. It's sort of like the reverse of an identical twin. Instead of a single fertilized egg splitting, two fertilized eggs merge.

Here's another case though, one with a born twin:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I used fertility and initially had twins...until one "disappeared". Of course it was devastating. But, it makes me wonder..will this be more common as pregnancy through fertility is more common and so often multiple embryos are implanted?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Bizarre.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Wait a minute, so that means that they weren't her kids, then?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
you learn something new every day
good find i would never have thought this in a 1000 years totally weird

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

darkbake

Wait a minute, so that means that they weren't her kids, then?

Technically it means they have no mother, since she was never born to give birth to them either.

That must be extremely weird for the kids right?!?!

"sorry kid your mother never existed."

Is this how Mary really got pregnant? an unborn male fetus in the ovary only got for one shot?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Phage

I wonder if she even knew there had been an unborn twin
"Unborn twin" is a bit sensationalistic. There wasn't necessarily an actual twin. It's sort of like the reverse of an identical twin. Instead of a single fertilized egg splitting, two fertilized eggs merge.

Here's another case though, one with a born twin:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That is one obscure tidbit you know there, Phage - I am impressed.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Bizarre.

You said it best! I feel the same! new one for me that is for sure!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I remember watching a documentary a while back on this woman. Crazy and I'm glad she found the right lawyer to help her.

I am an identical twin by natural means, no fertility.

Interesting story to say the least!!

top topics

join