It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subsidizing non-profits and a good idea gone wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ok, im going to present an idea for discussion that i was considering earlier.

The government subsidizes small business's that are non for profit business typically to benefit the community with things like outreach programs.

I am pretty sure you can apply for a 25,000 grant from the government to create a non for profit outreach program for kids in your local community. I dont know how to find the information available for this and if you do please enlighten me.

My position is that by not allowing these programs to turn a profit they eliminating incentives for more people to want to be involved and create more community building programs.

By allowing this same money to be applied for, for similar programs with the idea of profit in mind then we will appeal to our capitalist idea set and create more pro community and pro outreach programs.

Anyway enjoy.
edit on 2/19/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well the company may not make a profit but its employees can. My ex gf was president and CEO of a catholic charity and orphanage and made 6 figures. Personally I had no idea there was an orphanage near here.

Was it right to pay her so much? She told me when she applied for the job their facilities where falling apart. She stated that if they hire her she will build a new building. She got the job, raised 14 million and built a new building.

I was involved with a non profit out in Las Vegas that I am pretty sure was just a scam to get grants from the govl and set up friends and family with high paying jobs. By involved I signed up as a client, to receive training in "green" energy technology.

new topics

join