It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know of some Internet Archive sites to share?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Okay folks, I'm in a bit of need here that I didn't anticipate having. I'm working on a real investigative story for a course assignment (no bones about the nature of what I'm doing at the moment) and just tripped over something that actually changes the nature of the story altogether.

Oh...I've been at ATS too long. I can't just say it's a nice pretty flower, and write a story about how pretty flowers get nice pollen from buzzing bees so everything works well. Naww... I always gotta see the edge of the gallon bottle of Round-Up, poking out from the doorway of a shed to explain how the flower got so pretty by killing half the ecosystem of the yard in the process. lol...

Anyway... What I need here isn't a matter of content or material and obviously what I'm working on isn't a flower but that's where I'll leave it, as it is an active and real project for grade. Hence...all I'm asking here is one thing...

What sites do people know like the Way Back Machine or what used to be around as Deja Vu? I'm looking for coverage of something that happened a year and a half or so back but some of the critical supporting details to cross check other things will be the passing mention in reports that day or in press releases on websites for 12 hours or less. Passing stuff for critical points.

Any help is very much appreciated, and don't worry, not against any rules given how vague I've kept it. The answers ought to help everyone else as very interesting websites to as reference though, hence the forum.

Sooooo.... Who has some Internet Archive sites to share of what pages had on them on previous days/years?

edit on 18-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

sorry I cant help with archives,but perhaps this thread can help others. First off, old archives? stuff we read here and saved?
sorry I am a noob.

I have a few videos threads saved for later,,,I highly doubt I saved what you are looking for....are you looking for threads we may have responded too?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Not sure what you're looking for but here's one.

The Getty Search Gateway

The Getty Search Gateway allows users to search across several of the Getty repositories, including collections databases, library catalogs, collection inventories, and archival finding aids.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
How about ALIC or CQ Researcher oh yeah and this
edit on 18-2-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
usenet and google groups

Doubtful you'll use it as a reference, but if a million monkeys ever got together at a million keyboards ... There's no answer that can't be found there.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this will help because I'm a little foggy on what you're looking for. Do you want something that is "conspiracy-ish"? If so, then here's your ticket (I think). Here's an archived piece from 2001. I'm sure you can find a zillion recent stories relevant to it. www.dtic.mil..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">web.archive.org...://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2001testing/bushnell.pdf

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I appreciate everyone's help on this and I'm simply going to have to have a conference with the instructor. I see no other way of doing it.

Since it won't be drawing from things offered here, and this was largely a local event that had some national coverage associated with it, this is the event I'm trying ....trying really really hard...to write a 250 word story on.

Lockdowns following shooter threat

The problem, very simply put, is this. It's a straight hard news story requirement I need to write. No commentary. No opinion. No interpretation and no personal comments for context. Straight Page 1 type dry news story.

If it were a simple event, it would be a simple assignment. Unfortunately, there was absolutely nothing whatsoever simple about that event. DHS may or may not have over-reacted to a telephone threat. One school absolutely DID over-react in connecting two entirely unconnected events, briefly, to think they were nearly under attack or something..when nothing remotely like that was happening, anywhere. One student who saw a gun with the unrelated local problem called their Daddy in the State Police Barracks (who happened to be in their shift change meeting for the entire shift at about that same time, across town) and you can imagine what that brought...AFTER local cops had determined there wasn't anything to react to there anymore.

A Chinese Fire Drill from start to finish ...but it needs to be 100% dead serious, straight hard news. ..... Ummm... Okay, it's like watching George Carlin when he performed his comedy routines and trying to write about the evening without a single mention of humor or comedy of any kind. (sigh) How do you...ignore...the heart of the fact, the whole story is based on over-reaction and total misreading of something that wasn't even happening??

*The guy to make the threat was held overnight, never charged with anything and official arrest records support that with no record of any kind for his being charged or even held on that date. Something on that end is weird...but it's the Feds mixing with local cops, so weirdness is the order of the day on those technical details..to add another layer of "Oh..WHY this story?!" to it.

Thanks for the help tho.....and I DID get good resources out of what folks shared here. What I was looking for, but couldn't specfically ask for while still working to do this without instructor assistance, was "Way Back" versions of the County Sheriff website for booking and arrest records (They have all of them, daily, for public review)....same with the active warrants display, as I wanted background on this guy and his own history. (Some stories claim a history of threat making ... No official record exists in or out of Missouri courts to substantiate that claim...yet news ran with it, but I'm failing the assignment if I do..and KNOW it's without support to verify).

So.... That's what I was asking about. It doesn't hurt to say now, since I missed the damned deadline last night and am currently lost on how to do what I can't see a way to do anymore, and meet the very narrow and strict guides of the assignment.

ARG! .... One of these days..I'll STOP working so hard on things. If I'd NOT researched this...I wouldn't know which claims have no support and so, COULD have used those and not known I was supporting what looks like a lie in print. That's what I get for being the eager beaver. (sigh)

Thanks again tho! ..and a few of those sites above ought to help anyone with research needs into the future!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

In the ALIC source I linked you check that one again, that's massive archive I think maybe I mislead u to believe that it was only foreign policy and diplomacy go back there and look at all the options on the left. Hell they even have a declassified government document archive on top of that u may be able to find primary source DHS docs following your topic as well as police and news sources. That archive is MASSIVE! Sorry I'm on mobile now on lunch break when I get off I'll see what I can dig up for you.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Great resource of the entire Sumerian Cuneiform Texts as translated by Oxford University research team. Not Zacharia Sitchin nonsense, but the real thing...all the Annuanki without the planet X mumbo jumbo. Still points for alien origins for our civilizations. Full searchable. Link to it is on this page:

Page with Link to Electronic Corpus of Sumerian Literature

-Kanu

new topics

top topics

join