It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Craigslist Murderer Claims to Have Killed At Least 22 People for Satanic Cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Standard disclaimer about not seeing it posted ....

So the female part of the couple that killed a guy they picked up off of Craigslist is now claiming she killed 22 or more people in service of a Satanic cult:

"In an interview with the Daily Item in Sunbury, Pa., 19-year-old Miranda Barbour said she wants to plead guilty to killing Troy LaFerrara in November. She also said in the interview that she has killed at least 22 other people from Alaska to North Carolina in the last six years as part of her involvement in a satanic cult."

It's possible she killed that many, it's also possible she is creating her own fantasy story. Either way, she should never see freedom again.

Here is a link to one of many articles about this that have come out over the past 24 hours: Accused Craigslist murderer says she killed 22 for satanic cult

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
But she killed only killed "bad" people so I'm ok with it, lol. This girl is down right scary and at least she admits she needs to behind bars otherwise she will continue to kill. Still doesn't give her the right to play God. It will be interesting to see if she truly did commit as many of these as she says because she stopped counting at 22.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Should be pretty easy to discredit her story by checking her whereabouts for those 6 years. So she started killing at 13? Not saying it isnt possible but...pretty sure after watching the Otis Toole thing everyone would do this.

You are in prison for life, you say you murdered victim X, the authorities bring you out, feed you cheeseburgers and cokes. Why wouldnt you?

I find it bizarre that people who would actually kill somebody meet each other and hook up.

And I wonder if these serial killer people regret what they have done afterwards. I say that in the context that I am an alcoholic. I don't drink everyday and when I do drink I don't drink to excess every time. But, once I start I am out of control really. I may drink way too much, post stupid things here, show up at work hung over, and regret doing it for days. But it will happen again.
I typically don't leave my house when im drinking and if I do I walk into town to the bar but still have some sort of guilty feeling the next day.

I wonder if these serial type killers have the same guilty consensus which is what keeps them from killing everyday.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I find it odd that she can offer only scant details about the slayings or where the bodies are buried. Why wouldn't she interrupt her attorney and tell the judge she wanted to plead guilty? (She says she wanted to be put away so she wouldn't kill anyone else.) I find this part of the investigation odd...

However, her mother on Saturday said that when Miranda told her about the abortion, she took her daughter to a doctor who said there were no signs of an ended pregnancy.

I would think that doctors could easily identify a forced abortion.

This will be a bizarre case if authorities do find parts of her story helps turn up bodies.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Stories like this bring out the bad side in me. If she is guilty...execute her immediately, using the new Ohio technique. They say it takes 15-20 minutes to die.

If the State does not allow execution, then lobotomize her and turn her into a vegetable. No muss, no fuss.

There have been more and more Craigslist killings going on recently. Has anybody noticed that? Here in Ohio recently, we had guys answering Job ads and were being killed for it.

Bring back the death penalty and make it as gruesome and painful and public as possible. That might make some of the fruitcakes think twice before committing a crime.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thanks, OP, for sharing this story. I live fairly close to Sunbury, PA and this is the first I've heard about this tragedy. I haven't subscribed to the local newspaper since October, 2012 and I haven't had TV in years. Perhaps I'd better rethink the idea that I will get any necessary news via the Internet--yes, I did get this news via the Internet, but entirely, imo, too long after the fact!

I am filled with sadness after reading this. Sad that a 19-year-old is so screwed up that killing is her thing. Even sadder still is it seems the victim somehow became of the mindset that he had to pay to have someone pay attention to him. He was willing to pay to get some attention and got killed for it. He thought he was such a nothing that only by paying a fee could he get a little socialization. Damn, America, we are so failing our youth. We need to get back to being strong communities again, knowing our neighbors, being good neighbors, helping one another out. It does take a village.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Concerning the first part of your post, I get all the news from the net, particularly ATS since it is a worldwide, or so, community. I usually get my news stories 24 hours to a month before what we call MSM. Pretty neat huh? lol

As for your second part, I agree that the community should be stronger, but everyone wants to be left alone, just like in the future Earth of Isaac Asimov... sigh...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It won't. Impulse control is the problem. If they had impulse control, and were capable of thinking twice, they likely wouldn't do it in the first place.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

It won't. Impulse control is the problem. If they had impulse control, and were capable of thinking twice, they likely wouldn't do it in the first place.

And it is simple little two line posts that make me think more clearly.

Oh, hell, maybe I need to look into the mirror a bit more closely. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You're a fine dog.
What is that saying? "A dog is not a good dog because he can bark, and a man is not a good man because he can speak"?

I used to be a staunch death penalty advocate. Until I read about Todd Willingham. Being a father who quite literally adores and worships my wife....it was a painful story to read. The New Yorker has the best version, if you go looking it up.

I still have no issue with the death penalty being meted out by a citizen defending them and theirs....just not state sanctioned. Not in my name.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Even though I like to think of myself as a rational/critical thinker. I realize that I am still ruled by emotions. From a personal viewpoint...that sucks. I wish I had more control over them. For the most point, I do. But when they overwhelm me, it's a tsunami.

I wish I could find the middle ground. I'll be looking up that article for the mornings read. Thanks.

But a bit off topic, you and many others have helped calm this 'ol Vet down. Along with the T&C's and plenty of rational responses. I'm a different guy than I was a couple of years ago. Still full of Vim and vinegar, but also a lot more mellow than before.

So, to you and all of ATS (yes, even you who annoy me) a big THANKS!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Some additional info on this case..if it is true holy hell.

Could be the real deal

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Christians vs. Satanists debate commencing in 3...2...1...

Christian: "See! We told you there were evil murderous Satanic cults out there!"

Satanist: "Those people aren't real Satanists."

Atheist: "You're both idiots."

etc. ad nauseam

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I just listened to a blurb on ABC radio this morning about this story.
They referenced the jailhouse interview, but they must have missed part of the newspaper story.
They said she committed the murders for 'the thrill of it all', but didn't mention the satanic cult connection. I wonder why they would skip that?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

HawkeyeNation
But she killed only killed "bad" people so I'm ok with it, lol.

Yea, how convenient, right? Almost looks like it's another false flag by TPTB (It's a satanic cult, after all, so it would really make sense, althought the girl probably didn't know anything, of course, and has just been used).
In this case they'd stop many people from meeting, because:
-They may be psychos
AND
-Because they may be "paedophiles" (The "magical" word used left and right).
edit on 17-2-2014 by mkpetrov because: .

new topics

top topics

join