It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Psychiatry conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Having lived in the shadow of a person suffering from schizophrenia (questionable diagnosis), depression and alcohol abuse........I saw that person go from good functioning to no functioning. This person was my mother and I was very young to have to deal with this. Flash forward to my late teens, my mother lived a life of pharmaceutical's and never left her bed except to overeat. She died an early death and I squarely blame the psychiatric industry that made her feel completely defeated. She had her life taken from her as a scientific experiment from her so called caregivers and doctors. All of medicine is a practice. They practiced torture. She didn't need all those years of being locked up, heavy sedation and electro-shock therapy. They took my mother and turned her into a vegetable. I've nothing good to say about an industry that is on par with those that claim they are psychic. Its an obscure area of science. They didn't just destroy my mother. They destroyed my family. There is nothing left of it. All those big ego's and letters before their names mean nothing more to me than legal butchers of sanity.

I'm much older now and heavily scarred by this. The industry has changed little and has become even more dangerous as big pharma continues to persist their shiny new pills will cure every affliction of the mind. The sad truth is that greed has overtaken the good intentions of helping those with life problems. We need to scrap it all and start over.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't see any conspiracy.

I just think it's a chronically underfunded area of health care and, therefore, not very well understood.

Psychiatric medications for schizophrenia are only a second-rate plaster (Band Aid), relieving some of the symptoms temporarily, while adding a whole range of unwanted side effects.

Over time, they cause irreversible damage to the brain and other internal organs; sometimes they kill.

Talk therapy should be more aggressively promoted, but there's not much scope for increased profit margins there.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
"Redirecting research
The current practice of psychiatry is so focused on medications that other potential approaches have been neglected. Nutrition, for example, has not been a significant aspect of psychiatry and yet people who eat a Mediterranean diet or greater amounts of fruits and vegetables have been shown to have significantly less depression than a comparative population of those who eat a standard diet.14,15 Further research is needed to explore potential approaches to psychiatric treatment, other than medications."

www.psychiatrictimes.com...

Mental health and diet:

www.mentalhealth.org.uk...

If this industry continues to be chained to the pharmaceutical industry then a great many of us will be forced to fend for ourselves in a medicated state because the practitioners have no desire to look at other resources; follow the money. So, I advocate for all medical fields to become multi-faceted in the treatment of a person as a whole, particularly psychological, physical and social.

Those of us that are able should take control of our own health by turning to alternative health practices in the hopes of seeing improvement because mental illness can, in turn, cause physical illness.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Get out from behind your TV or computer screen. Screens have their place but they will never have the same effect as an expression of interest or a reassuring touch. Communication is a largely nonverbal experience that requires you to be in direct contact with other people, so don’t neglect your real-world relationships in favor of virtual interaction. "

www.mentalhealth.org.uk...

<< 1  2   >>

join