It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival knife query

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would like to know what type of knife this is (model type, what kind of steel used, who the manufacture is etc). Thanks in advanced.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

You are kidding right?

Google search that knife pic..

Story Link
edit on 14-2-2014 by ChuckNasty because: link

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I used to have that type of blade, I bought from Blade UK

I cant remember the name and sorry at work so the site is blocked. But search switch blade and they will come up.

Might be 'Black Widow' as the company that makes them.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Afternoon. Have a look on blades and bows website, its more than likely 440 stainless steel, with a black oxide coating. It reminds of of some of mtecs knives. Nice looking pocket knife.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't use it for survival. For an everyday carry use knife sure but for survival you want a fixed blade, full tang knife. A knife like this in a survival situation is going to break on you with any real heavy "survival" use.
Firepiston

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

I'm in agreement with you, ok to keep in the pocket, but dodgy in a survival situation. I regularly use a cheap mora clipper( carbon steel) its surprised me, brilliant little knife for under £10, also got a rui, but its a bit overkill for everyday use!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Gerber BMF used to be one of my favorites. A bit long and heavy for some uses but it's a good camp knife. A lot of us used to have one.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That is a "tac-force" knife, they use those pocketclips.
Probably 440 steel with poor heat treat

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

billyvonhelvete
... It reminds of of some of mtecs knives. Nice looking pocket knife.

I agree it looks like an mtech. I used to have one, it was a decent knife until the hinge gave it, which maybe was a couple months. As said, not a bad pocket knife, but definitely not something to do some serious work with. For a survival knife i'd also go with a fixed blade. No moving parts, just the blade and hilt. Nice and simple

For types of blades, check out this:
______beforeitsnews/survival/2014/02/knife-guide-2510776.html

new topics

top topics

join