It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoPro gets chomped by pig after falling from plane...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hi folks,

Just had to share this one with you...

Please watch the video until the very end :

Glad that the GoPro wasn't still attached to the skydiver... 8 months is a long time to spend basking in pig poo...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow, go porcine!

That that camera was able to survive that fall AND a pig chomping at it is quite impressive.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

HAHA! I just saw this on the news! Gotta be the best camera ever! It even survived scared, angry, hungry, curious (???) pigs! LOL

It makes me think, 100's of years from now, people will be finding cameras with our legacy in selfies and "God knows what"!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by Rodinus

HAHA! I just saw this on the news! Gotta be the best camera ever! It even survived scared, angry, hungry, curious (???) pigs! LOL

It makes me think, 100's of years from now, people will be finding cameras with our legacy in selfies and "God knows what"!

I was half piddling myself with laughter when it got to the pig bit...

GoPros makers are going to have a hay day with the marketing and free publicity they will get out of this.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 12/2/14 by Rodinus because: I need coffee...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

kalunom
Wow, go porcine!

That that camera was able to survive that fall AND a pig chomping at it is quite impressive.

Damn right-What a great advert for Go Pro cameras!
They make them tough as nails it seems.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Public Relations stunt is my guess. Everything happens so neat that it is hard not to think it could be anything else.

No one throws a camera out of a plane for no reason at all. Add to this that the pig was right on top of the camera as soon as it landed. If that isn't enough, the owner apparently only 'found the camera 8 months later'...

Something smells fishy here. I don't believe this incident to be 'authentic', but rather, an elaborate PR exercise. Sure you can say that there was no official camera named in the original video, but it doesn't take much for PR officers to be the first to spread the video under the GoPro name...
edit on 12-2-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

, but it doesn't take much for PR officers to be the first to spread the video under the GoPro name...

Awwww nuts...

People are going to think I am a PR person for them now

However... we must never forget that the camera might not have been "thrown" but might have just become detached from the helmet of the skydiver? Maybe camera was attached with Epoxy resin and the air and vibrations worked it loose...

And I can tell you personally that pig pens (especially ones that are not cleaned out that often) can become quite deep in pig poo, so the cameara "could have been buried under all that muck for 8 months?

We will never know unless GoPro actually do turn around to the public and say that this was a publicity stunt.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Rodinus

, but it doesn't take much for PR officers to be the first to spread the video under the GoPro name...

Awwww nuts...

People are going to think I am a PR person for them now

However... we must never forget that the camera might not have been "thrown" but might have just become detached from the helmet of the skydiver? Maybe camera was attached with Epoxy resin and the air and vibrations worked it loose...

And I can tell you personally that pig pens (especially ones that are not cleaned out that often) can become quite deep in pig poo, so the cameara "could have been buried under all that muck for 8 months?

We will never know unless GoPro actually do turn around to the public and say that this was a publicity stunt.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Haha, not to worry.

I guess it is possible that the camera had become detached from a helmet...but i still think it to be odd. Skydivers generally have properly equipped helmets and gear to stop cameras from falling out while they are up in the air. so while i think it is possible that the camera could have detached from a helmet, i maintain that it is also just as likely that the camera could have been thrown out of the plane, or let go.

As for the pig pen thing, your explanation makes sense, but i just think it is all too strange, lol.

I guess it is possible that everything we see in the video is legitimate, but i think the odds of everything happening the way it did is probably a bit too high...

I agree, and if it was a PR stunt, i doubt they will ever own up to it lol.

Thanks,

Daas.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thats what you get for showing the middle finger to people watching. Yeah, take that, next time you show that finger, the camera just explode.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Hehe..

Hey... after all, this is a conspiracy site is it not?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Rodinus

Hehe..

Hey... after all, this is a conspiracy site is it not?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

It is, i guess.

I maintain that the event could have been legitimate, but it could also just as likely be a PR stunt.

I wouldn't put it past PR officers to do this stuff though. PR officers/propagandists have done much more drastic stuff in history (think Nazi Germany who used Edward Bernay's tactics to control the German population, and Edward Bernays himself who on behalf of the USA, campaigned to overthrow the Guatemalan government etc).

Thanks,

Daas.
edit on 12-2-2014 by daaskapital because: sp and clarification

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

My last post was a failed attempt at humour..

Anything could have happened...

Why it could have been a pig falling out of a plane and being eaten by a GoPro?... Erm... then again... maybe not I guess?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps *scratches head* Have you changed avatar recently Daas? Or do I really need that well earned strong coffee now?

edit on 12/2/14 by Rodinus because: Yep, i really need that coffee, crap spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Rodinus

My last post was a failed attempt at humour..

Anything could have happened...

Why it could have been a pig falling out of a plane and being eaten by a GoPro?... Erm... then again... maybe not I guess?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps *scratches head* Have you changed avatar recently Daas? Or do I really need that well earned strong coffee now?

edit on 12/2/14 by Rodinus because: Yep, i really need that coffee, crap spelling

I think it worked.
I thought it quite funny, and odd. So i replied the way i did.
I like to keep the discussions rolling, lol.

Haha, now that would have been something to see.

Thanks,

Daas.

Yeah, i did, thanks.
Finally changed my avatar to the trio of whom my username actually represents, The Doug Anthony All Stars (an Australian music comedy trio). The 'Kapital' part comes fro ma TV show they used to have

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I thought you had, you had a pic of some bloke before didn't you?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Rodinus

I thought you had, you had a pic of some bloke before didn't you?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I honestly can't remember, lol. I've changed my avatars all too much that i actually cannot recall my last couple of avatars.

I think i'm happy with this one though.
I think yours is great too!

Thanks,

Daas.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thanks, needed a change and Cody helped me out by sticking the shades and fag in its mouth, as I am rather crap when it comes to paint or photoshop. (meaning that if ever I post a pic of a UFO then you will know it is not cgi

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
good video!

heres a similar one, except the gopro is on a quadcopter and it gets chomped by horses lol.

top topics

join