It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder to step down this year: report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Didn't know whether to put this in the Prophesies and Prediction forum based on the dates, but this oughta make a lotta people around here happy.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will step down this year, he said in an interview with the New Yorker’s Jeffrey Toobin in the magazine’s Feb. 17 edition.

Source
Holder has been a tremendous disappointment in my book. I hope we never see anyone like him again in office. He can't be gone soon enough to suit me. In fact, I hope the guy leaves in such a hurry, the vacuum of his departure will erase everything he's done and carry Obamarama right out the door with him.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I don't think any of us on ATS like Holder. Im happy to see him go to.

Now, who will replace him? Im guessing it'll be someone pretty much the exact same as him, unfortunantly. (I highly doubt Obama will nominate someone any of us like)

edit on 11-2-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Lets send him a going away letter that reads "don't let the door hit you in the #ss on the way out."

Would have been nice if he would have done this sooner, better late then never I guess.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Awww...

I have many hopes for Eric Holder's future.

I hope he let's the door hit him on the way out. I hope he takes a few of his buddies with him when he goes. I hope karma bites him in the arse. I hope not even ambien can help him get a good night's sleep for all his remaining days on earth. I hope the dreams he is able to escape into are filled with the faces of those he has killed/wronged, and the lives he has so utterly destroyed taunt him relentlessly.

He should have been gone long ago IMO.
edit on 2/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If he really is "resigning", maybe it's because he got a job offer from Mexican Cartels.

He can represent them as an "experienced" consultant of counsel.

I wonder what happens to his "Contempt of Congress" charges?

Can Obama "Pardon" him?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure the POTUS can pardon anyone except himself. I've often thought Holder would exit early enough to let his name cool off.

Also, not sure how that executive privilege thing works. I'm pretty sure Congress can summon him after he steps down and he's required to cooperate. Of course, Obamarama would probably pardon him twice if he covered for the administration under examination.

Trust me ... Holder's not worried about anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Wish he would leave in handcuffs, but.......*sigh*

Wonder what the boss Valerie Jarrett, er, I mean, Obama has to say about this?
Or is this just some kind of false diversion for the election this year?

As far as I'm concerned, he could have --should have-- left about 4 years ago!!!!!!

Adios Amigo

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

We need to walk him out the door of the Department of Justice and in the doors of the Department of Corrections.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
reply to post by Snarl

We need to walk him out the door of the Department of Justice and in the doors of the Department of Corrections.

Then Obama can create a new Czar...

"Jailhouse Lawyer"

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
He has been the total opposite from what he is supposed to be doing.. Too corrupt to even get a job with the Mafia, they don't just trust anyone these days..Eric Holder has been the ideal tool to help the big club of high rolling human toilets continue on without any fear of ever being caught, let alone be punished..

He was put there just TO HIDE crimes, not prosecute them, and he did this so the rest that were in on the free money grabbing looted the treasury right straight to hell without a care except for where to send his cut.. Also he made everything they were doing impossible to keep track of by stonewalling and saying it was no big deal just for starters..

He's abused the classified information laws just to hide corruption and the illegality of pretty much everything they wanted to do.. So high up in the clouds and oblivious to the real world, that they probably think they have saved America while it burns around them..

The Holder team is too incompetent to even be allowed to sell single sheets of toilet paper in some back water outhouse, let alone have a job like attorney general..
Good riddance.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Just imagine....

Oops, sorry for daydreaming....LOL

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I don't know, it's about time for sure. Happy to see him go. However, who will step in, more so will they be just as corrupt or worse. Good riddance.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

buni11687
reply to post by Snarl

I don't think any of us on ATS like Holder. Im happy to see him go to.

Now, who will replace him? Im guessing it'll be someone pretty much the exact same as him, unfortunantly. (I highly doubt Obama will nominate someone any of us like)

edit on 11-2-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

Let's see....

Fast and Furious
NSA spying
Benghazi
IRS
Refusal to prosecute the Black Panthers from the first term.
Lying to Congress on a few occasions.
2nd amendment
Immigration
Voting

The administration, imo, is doing this to set up the midterms. Any nominee has to be confirmed by the Senate, which is controlled by the Democrats. Since they have the majority and since they invoked the nuclear option (requiring a majority +1 up or down vote) any nominee submitted is going to be confirmed.

This also suggest the Democrats are nervous about losing their Senate majority. The DNC has all but abandoned the House side, instead concentrating their resources solely on keeping the Senate.

The other factor with Holder leaving is going to be a hope, again imo, that the scandals will fade away. Holder is a lightning rod because of his lack of prosecution / investigation into the Admins actions.

The Dems will get what they can get before the midterms, where I think they are going lose big. They lose the Senate and Obama is effectively a lame duck until the 2016 elections.

All that aside I agree, Holder must go and I am glad to see him go.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Great news. Best news of the day!
Hit the road.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I agree with Xcathdra, the Obama administration probably wants to get a new AG in place in case the Republicans win or tie for the U.S. Senate. So if Holder was going to leave before the end of his term, better for them he do it this year and not next.

Along the same line of thinking, I wonder if they're going to urge Ruth Ginsberg to step away from the Supreme Court this year.
edit on 11-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I sure hope Holder doesn't run too far.... Obama has only a few years to go as the protector to insure Holder can't be touched for his crimes. That won't last forever, and that man has A LOT to account for. A lot of people are dead today, who shouldn't be, as a direct result of that man's actions and decisions. Many of whom are in Mexico and still being killed to this day with weapons Holder's department supplied for the fight.

I'm happy if he's out but I do worry about what will replace him. Surely it will be someone chosen for P.C. appearance and acceptance among some special interest group above and beyond any consideration to qualification as the Nations top law enforcement officer. Kinda like how we ended up with 'empty holster' as I heard him referred to for his policies before becoming Attorney General.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Rats are abandoning ship... Something Wicked this Way Comes !!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

He should be stepping into a jail cell, not just "down".

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Good. He's a corrupt loser.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I just can't help but wonder if this decision was made way above a level we all have yet to consider here ... and who might have been in on it.

I also agree that the timing has something to do with it. I'm not smart enough to even guess at why.

<<   2 >>

join