It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everytime I Swallow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Dear ATS Members,

I have a problem everytime I am eating or drinking something, I swallow pizza or food and muscles in my shoulder hurt. There is pain in my right shoulder near the neck but beneath the bone that hurts everytime. I was wondering if anyone knew what might cause this or if there is a diagnosis for such a problem from the info I just gave. Anyone know?

P.S. Title is bound to lure some pervs, hilarious.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm reading that this happens EVERY time you eat or drink, not just with certain foods like pizza or hotwings. If it's just with certain foods, a little indigestion might be the culprit. Otherwise....

One common cause of right shoulder pain while eating and swallowing is an unhappy gall bladder or gall bladder disease. I'm not sure exactly why, but it seems to be common.

You're definitely not the only person with this problem, though - some other possibilities are peptic ulcer, inflamation of the esophagus (what the food passes through on the way to your stomach), esophageal spasm, esophagitis, or pancreatic inflamation. You could also be eating too fast and swallowing air.

If you go see your doctor, they will probably perform an upper endoscopy to take a look at what's going on. I would suggest going to see a doctor ASAP as many problems like this can cause damage or get worse, and are easily treated.

And yes, your title lured me right in
Reminds me of a joke......

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Can't afford doctor.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If you're in the USA, you'd be surprised what a local health center can provide by way of medical care. Call your local government offices and see what you might be able to do to be seen. If they have no options for you, make some calls to local physicians and ask them what their appointments are, and if they have a reduced rate for those that cannot afford a visit - many will cut you a break, or refer you to someone who can or will. Even a $40 appointment is a heck of a lot cheaper compared to what this could cost you when the problem gets worse.

People often have many resources available with their local health center that they never knew they had. For women birth control is often free of charge or given on a sliding scale, and public health is a necessity for any municipality. Start with the blue government pages in your local phone book.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting...

Have you tried not swallowing?

KIDDING!

[edit on 22-11-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
Interesting...

Have you tried not swallowing?

What, like open the car door and spi.....

Ahh nevermind

The endless joys of having a mind in the gutter. I can amuse myself with jokes about innocent words all day.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I haven't used this site so cant really vouch for it, but you may find it helpful.

www.yourdiagnosis.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
this is pretty useful, don't know if it will solve all your problems though:

my.webmd.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just know that there is NO substitute to going to a doctor. You may be talking to a paramedic here, maybe, but that's not a hands on doctor. SEE A PROFFESIONAL DOCTOR.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Is the pain a burning pain or is it like a "dull-catching" pain. Could be a pulled or torn trap muscle if it's the latter. Do you lift weights? Like many others have posted though, See a doctor!

new topics

top topics

join