It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help me? Vietnam records and pictures....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am doing some in depth research on a subject I can't disclose at this point. I am seeking the help of anyone who may have access to records of a CMSGT in the Air Force during the Vietnam War. I would like to find pictures of this individual as well as records of active duty. Anyone that can help please let me know. It is VERY important to what I am currently researching. Please either post here or send me a private message.

Thanks!

Vasa Croe

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Your definitely going to have problems. The fire in St. Louis did a damn-damn on Veterans records of that time.

I would recommend Military.com or if you know where the CSM was stationed, try googling the various sites. I found a pic of my Dad from '69 doing that.
edit on 5-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Some of those records may still be there, my ex used to work in the records division on Goodfellow finding and filing ex-military records. Won't hurt to try.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You could ask also the People of Viet-Nam via the Embassy,
they have a huge Data Base about this People,
also some Veterans are still there!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here's a list of records available to the general public under the foia.
www.archives.gov...

Here are the instructions to request records.
www.archives.gov...

The 1973 fire affected 75% of Air Force personnel discharged between 1912 and 1964 with a last name alphabetically following Hubbard.

Records destroyed in the fire can sometimes be recreated; additional info will be required from you regarding the veteran to do so.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Much appreciated everyone!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 2/6/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I was given a book to read about that war that was on the Canadian aspect . I found the book to be a very good read and kind of gave me a perspective about the war I was not familiar with .I guess our governments although heavily involved didn't want it known just how much they were .I cant remember the name (sorry) but it has some very good records .The story is one of how despite being swamped by the enemy and on one of those numbered hills ,and calling in artillery fire on themselves they made it through and held the hill .

A riveting read despite my not really having a desire to read such things ...Sorry I cant remember the books title but the clue is there ...peace and best of luck .

top topics

join