It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choose Your Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hi there,

I had a conversation a few hours ago with my little niece. She's 8 years old. We were talking and she told me about a weird dream she had the other night and because she didn't like it, she changed to another dream. I asked her what she meant by that and she told me that she can change her dreams. More so, she can choose what dream she wants to dream.

She has this filmstrip in front of her eyes when she's asleep that circulates her head with little thumbnails of her dreams. The ones she had already seen were in color. The nightmares were kind of in color but more white and blurry she told me. And then there are the black or empty ones. Those are the dreams she hasn't seen yet. And then she just picks.

I don't know, can be her imagination, can be anything.. But I found that very strange and thought I share it with you guys.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Very interesting indeed. That would probably be appropriate to introduce your little niece to lucid dreaming because this is actually what she is doing. The way she can pick consciously the dreams she wants says it all.

I especially find intriguing the part where she says she can see her dreams just like she would pick a movie in a list. I used to do that a lot when using visualization and meditation.

I went out with a girl once who claimed to only see dreams in white and black. She also said her deceased boyfriend visited her every nights in the dream world.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

If I may use this double post bug to propose something...

Could you ask your niece if she happened to see herself lying in the bed in a dream?
edit on 4-2-2014 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

That's a fantastic talent. I've found that after restructuring my diet and taking steps to clear my pineal (avoiding fluoride, using MSM, xeolites, and skate liver oil), I've improved my dream recall to the point where I remember 3-4 dreams a night, can lucid dream, and have relatively good dream recollection of those significant dreams I've had days/weeks/months ago. But your niece is operating on a whole other level.

If you're interested in helping her preserve those gifts, keep her away from fluoride and vaccines containing mercury. She sounds like a special child. Don't let this world poison her.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

I'll do that when she wakes up tomorrow morning

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

You're right about protecting her pineal gland.

I also suspect this child isn't an isolated case and that we might see a lot more like her in the next few years. Abilities like that is probably a response from life itselfs to bring an awakening in-mass.

The future of this planet requires it.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If you're interested in helping her preserve those gifts, keep her away from fluoride and vaccines containing mercury. She sounds like a special child. Don't let this world poison her.

First of all, thanks for your input. I can't really say if this is a gift she has or just something imaginative. She is saying that she does that every night. She can not only pick a dream, she can also create one, I forgot to mention that in the OP. She said that for example if she sees something that she doesn't like, she changes to a Mickey Mouse dream. I used to have lucid dreams way back when I was younger. But the whole Filmstrip concept was very fascinating and I just thought that she's too young to make something like this up.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

If I had to place a bet, I don't think she's making it up. For myself, in WILD (wake induced lucid dream) experiences, I've had situations where the dream would flicker back and forth between different scenes like changing the dial on a television set. The dream that my subconscious most strongly gravitates towards is the one I wind up in. I suspect as my mind grows more stable in the dreaming state, I'll be able to pick and choose, but right now exerting too much conscious force just snaps me out of the dreamstate.

Tibetan Buddhists also believe the Bardo (the intermediary state after death is like this)... the newly deceased is presented with a wide array of lights/visuals, and the one they subconsciously cling to ends up determining the conditions and realm of their next life.

With that being said, your niece's experience is definitely food for thought.
edit on 4-2-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The thing is that she's not even trying. It's something that comes natural and it's not like she was telling me a big secret. Or that she had some kind of a trauma that enabled this. It's just her way of dreaming whatever she chooses to dream.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
At her age I believed every one could do that. It was disappointing to learn others couldn't. Nightmares were harder to do that with because fear would cause me to freeze up and not think to do that.

To this day I can still do it.

For the record, I was vaccinated, but I was never exposed to fluoride. Our city fought and won against fluoridation.

Ask her about her dream recall abilities compared to real life memory recall, my dream memory is better than my waking memory recall. I am curious if it is the same with her.
edit on 4-2-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thats quite an amazing gift she has.
I can only control my lucid dreaming once I realize that Im in that between state of concious and dream state, then its no holds barred for me.
It only happenes for me maby once every other year though.
What she can do is quite remarkable.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Thank you for pointing that out. She said that she is able to recall her dreams (plural) of every night. That's how the conversation started. And she went on with her filmstrip story and how she changed a dream she didn't like. She actually called it a cassette tape. Where one dream follows the other and how she can pick or create a dream.

edit on 4-2-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Very neat, it's the first I've heard of someone describing that ability to control ones dreams the same way I did since childhood. It lessens with age etc.

I'm going to guess she's quite bright and a watchful and deep thinker even for her young age.

Cheers, and thanks for brightening up my day with something interesting.

Kids are great, I learned and continue to learn so much from mine.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Because she's 8, I'd be inclined to think that this is lucid dreaming at it's finest. When I was around that age, there were nights where I couldn't fall asleep, and I'd come up with an interface-type screen for similar dreams (this was when computers were starting to be really popular - still had some of the games burned into my brain).

After astral projection, there isn't much that I'd classify as "weird"; she seems to be quite normal, apart from the fact that she is aware that you can change your dreams. Just do her a favor: don't condemn it like most modern adults would. Having the ability to lucid dream can help her in many areas (apart from removing nightmares). For example, I've used it to solve problems that would normally require a waking mind to solve - because it's a lucid dream, when I wake up, I remember enough of the problem to make it work in real life.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 10-20 years time, we see her as a member on here. Agree with the above poster that at the least, she will be creative & a deep thinker.

-fossilera

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

I asked her and she has never seen herself sleeping in her bed from above. I just asked her again about that "ability" and she said that she just "saves everything in her memory" and can access that tape or filmstrip. And that she not only saves her dreams, but even things she experiences during her day. So she can relive that moment again in her sleep.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I've discussed this subject in my past, and I'll say this:

Dreams are journeys to into the multiverses.

Whenever you go to sleep, the thoughts you think are usually not what you dream. This is because dreams are not thoughts, nor the imagination. They are glimpses into episodes of you other "selves". You exist as many times as there are parallel universes...

I'm new, but I'll be writing a thread dedicated to the subject of dreams and parallel universes soon

As far as your niece, its most likely that she never "changed" dreams on her own. I beleive this to be a process that naturally occurs when an episode is too disturbing; most likley a 'death' scene of the other 'you'. These dopplangers of ourselves are only for our experience in spurts...so we visit maybe thousands per night, and only remember things that stood out.

Still not convinced that dreams are journeys into parallel universes?

Think about it: once you enter dreamland, the scene is already set. You did not have to come up with the background, the props, the characters; they were already in place.

You are a visitor in a place that exists outside this universe, and it is indeed very real.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
An update, 3 years later.

I just had a conversation with my niece again about this topic and she claims that she still has the same ability. It's like her own private dream theatre, every night.

top topics

join