It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Expressions Web 4...anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am having so many problems connecting my software and site to my server Go Daddy.

I can't edit my website, can't get my project done. Go Daddy can't seem to help.

Anyone know anything about MS ex 4?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Godaddy is the worst hosting company you could possibly use. Just a tip for the future.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I'm pretty sure you were looking for a solution and not so much a jab at what you already have... Godaddy can be a [snip] but it's still a viable place to have your website. It does take a bit of patience, depending on your knowledge of hosting, but it works. I've used it for many years and have little to no problems. Though, I will say that their customer support really does lack in a lot of areas.

I don't use MSWE. I'm still using an old version of Dreamweaver from 5 years ago that works perfectly for my needs. It has all the bells and whistles that I use, like creating and publishing flash and what not. BUT.. I'll help you the best that I can without getting into the software you're using. I've dug up a couple of links for you that might help.

This is from Godaddy:

Using Microsoft Expression Web 4 to Create and Upload Your Site

And another....

This one above is probably one of the links in the first but more to the point.

Now, someone seems to think that it doesn't work with Windows 7, so I'll toss this in there too.

Expression Web 4 does not work with GoDaddy using Windows 7

If ya need more help, I'd be glad to dig through google to see what i can find, though I will admit, I've never actually used EW but it can't be all that much different from front page and DW, in the manner of how it works. I'm sure the layout can be different but all in all, it's really the same stuff.

Good Luck!
edit on 2-2-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm guessing MS Expressions is like a new version of Front Page or something? My advice would to be stop using MS Expressions and learn how to upload your files with FTP software. If you must use a Microsoft product for your website development then try Web Matrix. It's actually pretty decent software.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I purchase domains from godaddy....thats about it. I host on my own machines.

top topics

join