It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding warnings anywhere you care to look

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was just wandering around on the 'net, as I am prone to do when bored,when I came across a site for antique stove restorers.I don't want to advertise for that site,but I found it strange as how the company has recently put up a warning. Now before I paste this warning in, we know in the news that 3 bankers have recently done themselves in,and those 'in the know' are saying we are about to go belly up.So I found this a sad commentary of how bad things are getting to go along with everything else we are seeing in the news lately.Here is the paste from the web page:

Business changes

If you think things are fine in the USA, you better think again
1. My supplier of firebrick just closed after a lifetime of service.
2. My supplier of sand blast materials just closed after being in business since 1837!
3. My good nickel welding rod has been discontinued as it was too expensive to make.
4. My nickel plater has closed and moved and is no where near up to speed.
5. Every item I buy to work on stoves is getting more expensive at an accelerating rate.
Everything is not OK. Best to get prpared as it looks like trouble is headed our way

I'm thinking all but those that are too stubborn to see the truth know that trouble is headed down the pipe for all of us. I am stocking up on food and trying to get out to a rural area to put in crops and raise animals. All I can say at this point is a quote from Jurassic park "Hold on to your butts".

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

So let me get this straight ... one of the world's smallest industries, antique stove restoration, continues to contract, and this is somehow supposed to signal the end of civilisation as we know it?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Thank the Government via the EPA!

I just read an article that the EPA is imposing stricter rules for wood burning stoves!

Read another article where people whom refinish antique furniture, have to fill in up to six log books and send their furniture to be tested if they sand it down or are using lacquer to refinish it!

It just seems anymore when us "useless eaters" find a way to get a head and find alternative ways to save money OR survive, the good ole government is there to put their "boot on our necks" and say "NOT SO FAST"!

Seems that the only way to survive in this country is to "OBEY" and to do that surely means weakening any ability you and your family may have in becoming independent and free of government control.....

Seems like Atlas Shrugged might actually have been telling us the future.

But no worries right? Job creation is at it's highest in 5 years! /sarcasm

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes, it's pointless to keep denying it. I only hope it won't make any distinction between rich and poor people.

Contrary to the prevalent opinion, I do not believe it is only an Economic Apocalypse what we are facing now.

The monstrous economic crisis is only one head of the beast. That beast has more than one head, the economy only can satisfy one head's hunger.

Unavoidable to sound "biblical" in these days.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale

I count five.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

"From a drop of water," said the writer, "a logician could infer the possibility of an Atlantic or a Niagara without having seen or heard of one or the other."

The above is a line from Arthur Conan Doyle's masterpiece creation, Sherlock Holmes. Although the adventures of Holmes and the stoic Watson, are works of fiction, the inspiration for comments such as these, was a flesh and blood man, although not one of such accomplishment as Holmes was depicted to be.

The fact is however, that from the study of small, and sometimes seemingly unimportant things, one can learn a great deal about the wider scheme of things. You see a small, niche business getting hit hard by circumstances, but I see the price of raw materials, like metals, going up, banks pulling the rug out from established businesses, which in turn indicates a lack of confidence in the markets....

You cannot look upon things in such a narrow way, if you are to be able to see the bigger picture without being spoon fed it, and as the media and events of recent years have proved, feeding time is over!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes, I know how Broke the US IS!

Right now I'm learning to make shoes, Just joking! Yet it is on the list of things to Learn! Best to learn how to go Old School, back in the days without elect or gas. People had to word in them days!

Yet it was simpler, from what I heard! Just ask someone over 80, it is worth your time!

Man! I've tried to write something down and it comes out crazy, 3 times already! How does one get ready when it actually falls? People who say it can not truly understand how to live on nothing and still be Happy! See how I'm vectoring off again?

Now how worst can it get? Food and a place to call home is all anybody needs.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

I like the way you think.

I like to think of myself as a "fabricator" meaning I can make, mend, find and grow things.

Metal, wood, leather, pieces, parts, cut, bend, weld, hammer, staple, stitch, rivet, plant, grow, cook. buy, sell, trade and scrounge. I like old stuff. I shun malls, walmart, and new clothes selling places.
You do have to buy new food, toothpaste and T.P. (haha) but practically everything else can be found at an estate sale, flea market thrift store etc.

I think you know where I'm coming from. I think you have the fabricating gene in you too. I bet you are the guy everyone come to for advice and help. Right?

P.S. sandal making in on my list. I live in a warm climate and they seem simpler that shoe making!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The first warnings were given to you by your Forefathers. They were quite explicit. They fell on deaf ears.

Perhaps you could start with those and work your way forward.

Somewhere on that path of discovery you will see where you went wrong.

Here is a hint! It started to go wrong before the Americas were discovered.

The key to understanding is too understand the word Greed and apply it at the individual level.

P

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Each small piece of information leads you to the big picture. The warning given affects more than one industry.

I managed to sell my CA home and leave 2-3 months ahead of the housing drop in 2008. How? I was a tax preparer (364 returns that season). I noticed the small things. My clients who were carpenters, finishers, bricklayers had more W-2s than normal, and the jobs were few & far between. One who was a truck driver in the construction industry got his pink slip. A local construction supply company had layoffs after a few years of expansion. An employee of a gravel supplier had his hours cut. Small stuff. We were planning on moving, so I put the house up immediately and got rid of it. A year later, the same house was up for sale for a much lower price after the sellers put another $15k into it.

Notice the small stuff and you'll stay ahead of the game.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Yes! Now try that in a home built in 1920! Doing a bathroom project; Oh Boy and found out no matter how square I am. The house is not! LOL Trying to add a tub to a jail cell really. It seem that way anyways.

Sometimes I even do not know what I'm thinking. Thank You Much. Come to find out somehow when it hit's, Bingo! Like I'm is Sleeper Mode, keep am eye on doom; interesting sometimes! Yet somehow even with any ideas of doom. Its just another way of planning. It gets to the point in planning for What? So Doom falls Away since no matter what plan one might have. It is better to learn to fall back relearning the 1800's!

Sad part is I could not kill anything for food! I could plant, grow and tend to a garden. Fix many of strange things yet can not actually Kill! Maybe back in the day we Humans really did not have to have meat and thats why people get sick. Sad part is even hurting a fly bothers me. Yet I do go buy meat at a store! Crazy is it not?

I would have to say a new way of looking at things, without the History of it all. Most of what actually works will end up not working and we will have to learn all over again. Simple stuff really, only forgotten from long ago. Like washing closes by hand, using a candle and having to do things yourself. In a way, Time itself would stop.

Hopefully you are young and have the time to work things out. Being an old fart, will have to adjust to the flow and the crazys! You getting any strange Ideas in your head sometimes? Losing interests and making new ones that matter? I had to ask for a Time Out! If one needs time to Clean up whats in their head, spare some time to do the adjusting and thats what is given to you if you pay attention.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
2009...any day now.
2010.....literally any day now.
2011......financial doom impending, buy gold
2012.......Mayan financial apocalypse, sorry about your gold though.
2013.........Seriously, I'm not joking, get right with God, major economic collapse by end of year.
2014...........Signs are everywhere, buy guns, kill unarmed people, stock food.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Logman
2009...any day now.
2010.....literally any day now.
2011......financial doom impending, buy gold
2012.......Mayan financial apocalypse, sorry about your gold though.
2013.........Seriously, I'm not joking, get right with God, major economic collapse by end of year.
2014...........Signs are everywhere, buy guns, kill unarmed people, stock food.

Kill unarmed people? How about we all just think about how to take care of ourselves and loved ones.
Second line.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Greed comes in many levels, aspects and even your Loved Ones! Friends, work, life. No matter where you look some form of Greed exists. Maybe we did not get the word right, Love is even broken down to many forms!

Today we die, everyday something dies within if one decides to go deep into their heads and actually replaces meaning to some of the words out there from long ago. I do keep hearing this is it, the big one, yet somehow it comes from the core of all of us. Somehow we know Man is going down the wrong path and all we do is come up with another story for it!

Now I know what Warning the Op is talking about. Got so caught up in Doom, placing it here or there, really does not matter. One things for sure, when it does come. It will be nothing like what you see and hear on the Net. Though one can use them to get ready; How would be the word to use! It's like you Feel something coming, yet there is no way to put a Word on it.

The unexpected is what people fear really. Man made Relg to displace this one fact pending the unknown. Leave me with a bit of Peace, since all one can do is the best one can. Yet I am only one so my way could be wrong, misjudged or misplaced due to the Masses. There is no Box to place this one in, Life is Funny that way!

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Missed one!

Forgot to add Christ coming to save us. Well some anyway. Could be ET though, they were here before all of this crap! Being 4-5 feet tall, many places to hide!

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the famous and wealthy are making some very strange statements and slip-ups. I was listening to a main stream radio station and a Former NFL player admitted the real reason he quit and gave up one million dollars in fiat currency. It's rather scary the implications of what this NFL former player admits. For the truth about this and more check this out

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
here's an article that dovetails into the gist of your thread...

thecommonsenseshow.com...-29192

the daily postings by the author really capture the 'spirit of the times'

or else we are witnessing a global wide.... social-financial-political Entropy
where a too complex living/trading/lifestyle system falls under Its' own weight..

where even the globalist elites are blindly scurrying to protect their own precious butts

the leftists, progressives, 0bamists have went too far and the blow-back will be awesome
edit on nd28139136115702122014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hello? OP?

Don't give Up! Tonights the night, big game and all!

Was going for Denver, -4 should still win except I had to go to YT! Seems no winners tonight, who knew?

One would think of all this Intel on Doom. There would at least be Intell on something Nice for a change. Anyway. Don't worry about the lagging Feeling of ???????? One could say it's nothing But the wakeup Call!

Mind is trying to place pictures to something It can not understand.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join