It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G2 Research new copper bullet explodes on impact

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

crazyewok
Infact it shouldn't even be about killing but just neutralising a threat.

I've found that killing the target is the most efficient way of 'neutralising a threat'. Besides it's your best interest to prevent the poor, defenseless perpetrator from sitting in the witness stand.

Assailants climb in to the witness stand, cry and blubber about being in some difficult position that society placed them in and win court cases. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. If it comes to saving my, or my family's life I only want my side of the story being heard; mine.

....but if I had my way the deed would be done, the carcass would go to the pigs and I'd go about my life never speaking a word about perforating some asshat's chest plate.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Frangible rounds have been around for quite a while - re Glaser Safety Slugs, et al.
This round is basically "half" frangible making it quite a bit different performance as in the cinder block test.
Most frangible rounds have characteristics which impart a great deal of destructive power to soft tissue targets.
However, performance against solid objects like brick walls is generally stated as reduced "ricochet" or "over penetration" - sold as a benefit in case of missing the intended target.

I'm seeing this round as the worst-of-both-worlds scenario: all of the destructive power of frangible rounds on soft tissue, none of the safety benefits of being completely frangible - and enough non-frangible weight for extreme penetration. Still, useless against a vest.

ganjoa

edit on 29-1-2014 by ganjoa because: bad code

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join