It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Refresher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I never really put too much thought into music videos and the message for young people they hold. But, after i saw a few snippets from the grammys last night, I remembered interviews of stars selling their souls.

I think it is very interesting what countless people have been through in the entertainment industry and who knows who else...

this is just a little video i looked up after Phil Robertson mentioned The Soul.

www.youtube.com...

Robert
edit on 27-1-2014 by bobbeers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
They all sold their souls...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28am1431am14 by jaytay because: forgot video

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Who can find an artist that isn't?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I don't believe that these people sold their souls to the devil. I believe more that they think they sold their souls to the devil, but it wasn't really the devil, because there really isn't a devil. We're all just supposed to believe there's one, and we're especially supposed to believe there is a God.

I do believe as well that there are some who have continued the practice of Magic(k) and are very adept by now. The definition of magick being the manipulation of reality by the force of will, I do not discount the possibility that something that looks like the devil could be tricking people and using them for some purpose.

But my question is, if these people were duped and they're being used, does that mean that the lyrics that they use are given to them to sing? Is it the lyrics that are supposed to be corrupting the youth and causing the fall of society? I just don't think they're that powerful. You would have to be extremely suggestible to allow the lyrics of modern music to control you in some way. Most of the music is obviously canned. A lot of these artists might come up with a melody on a piano, but the music is made in post by sessioners.

Granted, a lot of these songs don't portray or instill in one a great attitude toward many different things like sex, gender, race, etc. If this music really did anything bad, it would just make more people more musically illiterate. There's just not a lot of thought going on behind the music.

Anyone heard of a country artist having sold their soul to the devil, you know, besides Roy Clark and Charlie Pride?

new topics

top topics

join