It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember....the Victors write the history books...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Lovely. Every coherent remark ends up in finger pointing and crying.
First and foremost, a very famous general was quoted about a century ago, "War is Hell."
Second, the entire behavior of the Nazi era is best phrased as the "banality of evil." The "evil" occurred because people just wanted to live their lives and not be bothered.
Lastly, war makes victims of everyone. We prefer to say there are victors and vanquished, but in truth all are victims and are drenched in, and drained of blood.
Now, dig a little deeper. Example, the Crown Prince of Japan went to Moscow (Russia and Japan were not at war) with a terms of surrender. The Soviet government ran him around, and Allied Ambassadors refused to see him. This was in early 1945. Obviously, Stalin thought to let us wear down the Japanese, then re ignite the Soviet-Japanese hostilities in Manchuria against a greatly weakened Japanese military. Precisely what occurred after the "Japanese Surrender." Which was not the Unconditional Surrender trumped by the Allies, for the Emperor was not deposed. So, indirectly, the Soviet Union has some responsibility for the Atomic Bombs being used.
I grew up with survivors on all sides of the European war. A dear family friend was sterilized at age eighteen, because she was small, having a dark complexion and dark hair. She survived the Russian conquest of Berlin. I had a relative, who was assigned to work at a coal to oil refinery. He told me, how tens of thousands of gallons of petrol products were destroyed by American forces, after the surrender. He was told by a officer, that the officer in charge of the destruction worked for an American Petroleum Company before the war, and would have his old job back after the war. There are some great educational resources available, but the schools and those in charge and responsible must want, desire that their students be well and truly educated.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join