It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crowd funding information needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
well few days ago i came across a site called kickstarter basically people ask for a certain amount of money and if people pledge money they have to receive a return ie: painting, sculpture etc..

i am an artist and wish to move from painting wherever i can find the space in my home to a studio/gallery. but the kickstarter route doesnt seem viable to me as most if not all of my time would be spent painting to repay the funder's.

does anyone have any experience with any other crowd funding sources.

ArtByCoylo

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

truthseeker10

does anyone have any experience with any other crowd funding sources.

ArtByCoylo

I do. I have used both Kickstarter and Indygogo to finance my films. The secret to making crowd funding to work is blitz twitter and facebook constantly, telling of your project. Also email all your friends and family, telling them of your campaign.

I also found that if you "sweeten the pot" by putting in some of your own money in the beginning; people will be more favorable to donating to an established fundraising.

I only gave DVDs to people contributing $50 or more. For 1k you got an associate producer screen credit and an invitation to the screening.

good Luck!!

edit on 26-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Check out Patreon. I think that's what you might be looking for.
edit on 26-1-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
thanks guys these may just help, some of the others ive seen want 2 yrs records, i have to be a ltd co and an annual turnover of 100k lol.

new topics

top topics

join