It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire doubles offer to marry lesbian daughter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok, this is getting interesting, so I already told my wife that I may try my luck
LOL

In 2012, property tycoon Cecil Chao Sze-tsung made international headlines when he offered a HK$500 million ($73.5 million) "dowry" to the man his daughter Gigi Chao would be willing to marry.

"I don't mind whether he is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kind-hearted," the 76-year-old told Chinese media at the time.

Undeterred, Chao told Malaysian newspaper Nanyang Siang Pau that he's now decided to increase the dowry to HK$1 billion ($147 million).

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

This is one example of when money cannot buy happiness. I applaud the fine lady for her actions. It's better to be with the one you love than to be rich with a poor relationship

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If she's lesbian, why is she agreeing to marry ANY guy?
Any guy she does agree to marry is going to find out she has a "headache" most of the time.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Looks like Mr. Chao has more money than he has sense. Does he really want his daughter to marry a gold-digger rather than someone whom she really loves?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

This is a perfect example of how people who have wealth try to use their money to buy happiness. Money can't buy them everything in life, and it can also attract disingenuous people who just want to take advantage of their wealth.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If i was a gay bloke it would be perfect, money and no pressure as i'd do my thing and she could do hers but i bet theres a nookie clause hidden somewhere in there as well

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think he should have another kid or two and give the money and business to them. I understand he wants to leave his business to someone who can pass it on to his genetic lineage. He should be offering the money to a woman willing to have his children. His daughter has obviously made her choice.

It's almost as if hes using the money to make a point to her. I don't think this belongs in the MSM. They need to deal with it.

edit on 26-1-2014 by Pimpintology because: of formatting purposes.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

He wants a grandchild. Not to mention that he evidently doesn't want his daughter to be so inclined and a "strong" man will change her mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hmm.. possible wife number 14 ... nah too much like ex - wife number nine .. besides could care less about money .. its a shame that due culture her father cant just let her be happy and live her life as she chooses ..

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Anyone know how to get in touch with this guy...................

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
((( claps hands once )))....Nope! What is understood..needs not be discussed.

Sorry Charlie. Can't buy the will of ones soul. She wants what she wants...
edit on 26-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

stirling
Anyone know how to get in touch with this guy...................

Call the NSA....no wait. They'll call you.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I've pulled a lesbian. Don't see this as a problem for this guy. Gj offering a dowry. Wish more father's did this.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah. All kinds of 'generous and kind hearted' souls showing up for $147 million. Heck, for $150 million you can get humble and not-bad breath too.

top topics

join