It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Before I was ten years old some 25 years ago, I remember thinking that I was many arrows in my mums quiver. I hand an image of these moving targets and my mum firing off arrows, which I was, and as the arrows hit the targets there was a reward of like food or nourishment or something or pleasure, some sort of reward. There were multiple targets and all of them were moving.

My mum was lazy and only firing at and hitting the easiest targets and using the minimum of effort to get the bare minimum of reward thus wasting me. I saw my self as able to deny her the reward until she chose to hit a better target. Like she would fire me and I would hit the easiest target but I was able to deny her any reward thus teaching and forcing her to aim for and hit the harder targets and not be so lazy.

I have only just recently discovered this scripture and i'm pretty sure I didn't know about it when I was under 10.

This was all done with words. Words can be described as arrows I think. I envisioned a complex word as an arrow and a sentence as part of a word.

Our words are what move us through life and steer the course of the ship (body).

Anyway this has been my experience of when I was a child. I tried to fathom reality and this is what I came up with all by myself independent of the bible. I find it pretty cool how the bible agrees with me. But no one else will.

Anyway that's me. Your children are arrows in your quiver.

Leeda.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Was she using a compound bow, that is the lazy way out of doing archery. I shoot real bows that only have one string. Recurve, longbow and horsebow is the real way to real archery, compound bows is cheating. When I am at the range, I shoot close and work my back further from the target. You should give archery a try with a recurve, it is so much fun.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Chopper
reply to post by leeda

Was she using a compound bow, that is the lazy way out of doing archery. I shoot real bows that only have one string. Recurve, longbow and horsebow is the real way to real archery, compound bows is cheating. When I am at the range, I shoot close and work my back further from the target. You should give archery a try with a recurve, it is so much fun.

It was a spiritual bow. I'm not to sure as to the mechanism of the arrows firing.

The scripture comes from Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. That is the full scripture.

Children can carry some of the load and defend you. Children can be molded in your image and imitate you. If you hit the best target with your children you will reap a huge reward.

I guess I don't have much to say on this. I find as soon as I have written it down it gets erased from my memory and is really hard to recall in exact detail.

I just remember being an arrow being shot by my mum to hit a target to get a reward.

join