It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are really acting like idiots lately.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yep. They are.

The husband got off early today, so we went by a local cafe that is a neat little homey patriotic themed place. Love the food there and had been there once before. All mil and ex mil.. etc.. go there because a lot of us own homes in the area.. the base is in the town. So we and 2 other tables were there ordering and some eating. The OWNER'S WIFE starts nagging and nagging and nagging... and hammering our waitress relentlessly for no reason. No jokes.. Id have personally knocked her teeth out if she had dome that crap to me. It got so bad we decided not to eat there today. I mean in front of the customers and making this kid who was our waitress cry! We left and gave the kid a good tip even though we hadnt even eaten. I patted her on the back and told her she was doing just fine. We had NO problems with her and she looked just fine. My husband was so mad he said he was going to talk to the womans husband.. the owner. I mean the kid was about the age of our oldest daughter and if she had a boss who spoke to her in such a horrible way, we would not only be horrified.. we'd likely consider "getting" her. LOL! We couldnt just let this go on and would hope that others would feel the same way if they saw such a thing! WHo could eat with this woman screeching like a maniac over nothing at all anyway? The waitress had a stain on her shirt we didnt even see... if there even was one.. and she said the waitress looked like some homeless person they took in off the side of the street to work there. Loud enough for ALL of us to hear! W-T-F??!! No she didnt. Not at all! What an AWFUL woman to say such a thing. I feel really bad for the husband! He will lose that business just as sure as Im here. Word gets around here. If you dont have repeat customers, you dont have customers at all.

The guy at the table next to us commented that the owner liked the waitress ( not in THAT way.. she is a kid and a nice one at that.. daughter of one of the contractors on base) and the owner himself was a nice guy and a retired ranger, but his wife acted like a maniac when he wasnt around and she hates other women. She runs ALL women that work there off unless they are old. This guy told my husband they were there one night when the cook ran out the back door and never came back due to her. LOL! Mind boggling!

In the last few years Ive seen more people just NEEDING to belittle others, say things that arent true to provoke or hurt others, or just plain be nasty to others. Usually for no real reason. I swear, Im asking my own friends if there are any local job openings and marching my ass right up there as soon as I hear something..and seeing if that kid works there still... and getting her out of such a horrible working environment with another job.

People have gone MAD. Theyre nasty and dont give a damn about anyone else anymore. There is no community. There is no love for your fellow man. Its really sickening how its truly getting out there. People are eaten up inside from something and its making then stark raving lunatics.

/rant. I had to get that out. This happened MUCH earlier today and its still bothering me. A lot. That poor kid! I see the big things going on and the small things. It just really pisses me off to see someone go out of their way to crush someone else. Freaking bully weirdos.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I hear ya.

Focus on the positive, it's not a cure but a way to understand and be positive in one's self in the moment.

Cheers to ya

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Small people have the need to feel big. They can only do that by putting down others. All to common of an occurrence I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I too have seen that more and more. I think its just the stress these folks are under either real or imagined.

The issue I believe is that the stress you and I see them under...wouldnt affect us that way. Therein gives the phrase "Oh, get a grip! Please! Lighten up!" all the meaning in the world.

It could be worse. They could live with you or I!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

People are really acting like idiots lately.

In the last few years I've seen more people just NEEDING to belittle others, say things that aren't true to provoke or hurt others, or just plain be nasty to others. Usually for no real reason.

People have gone MAD. They're nasty and don't give a damn about anyone else any more. There is no community. There is no love for your fellow man. Its really sickening how its truly getting out there. People are eaten up inside from something and its making then stark raving lunatics.

And, not just in a Restaurant.

Take the website Above Top Secret for instance - this attitude you have described is becoming common place. My dwindling participation in forums of this site is due primarily to members, both new and old, who display these traits.

I find myself shaking my head so much these days at the diatribe that I am getting whiplash. The hatred displayed towards other peoples opinions is mind-blowing - forums have been locked out as a consequence - pathetic.

S&F for your acute observations about that % of the population that have hatred and control issues.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thank you ALL for your replies to the rant
Im glad to see the replies Im getting but it is unnerving that its so prevalent now. I mean nasty people have always been around, but damn.. its like they just outnumbered the rest of us recently!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I've lost a few jobs because I have no problem with telling people who are being malicious that I won't hesitate to pop them right in the nose if they continue. If someone has a problem with me, legitimate or imagined, they are welcome to discuss it like a civilized human being and get a civilized response in return. If they just need a scapegoat for their insecurities or a whipping boy then they're out of luck with me.

No one with one iota of moxy need ever suffer the condescending, abusive rantings of someone with poor impulse control. As you can see from my signature, I butt right in to any situation where I see abuse going on, public or private. Silent consent and being "polite" in those situations is what allows them to continue.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

whitewave
I've lost a few jobs because I have no problem with telling people who are being malicious that I won't hesitate to pop them right in the nose if they continue. If someone has a problem with me, legitimate or imagined, they are welcome to discuss it like a civilized human being and get a civilized response in return. If they just need a scapegoat for their insecurities or a whipping boy then they're out of luck with me.

No one with one iota of moxy need ever suffer the condescending, abusive rantings of someone with poor impulse control. As you can see from my signature, I butt right in to any situation where I see abuse going on, public or private. Silent consent and being "polite" in those situations is what allows them to continue.

Good. Im much the same way and cant stand just watching it and doing nothing at all. Ive gotten myself in trouble a few times doing the good deed. It was just shocking the woman had no shame in doing this to a younger person.. relentlessly... in front of customers and making the kid cry! Im older.. and I have NEVER seen this sort of thing. Given my previous career I thought Id seen it all.. nope. It was so weird! My husband responded before I could this time. For him to approach a woman and correct someone else's wife.. well.. that was highly unusual.Must have struck a real nerve with him. I can only imagine what he has to say to her husband when he gets a hold of him. He has a hellacious temper and since we have a very shy sweet daughter around that kids age... he was really steamed and felt protective toward the kid.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

It's good to know that there are still some decent people left willing to stand up for the disenfranchised, the weak, the downtrodden, etc. Unless we all learn to treat each other with respect (or at least fear of retribution) we will never advance as a species.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

And then there are some who use ATS to rant and go on and on and on and on and on and on....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

MadMax9

And then there are some who use ATS to rant and go on and on and on and on and on and on....

.... and then there are some on ATS who should play in traffic.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

People have been acting like idiots for 1000's of years. There has always been a faction that have no sense. I can think of so many instances in the past that are indicative of idiotic behavior, I really wouldn't know where to start; burning people at the stake for being witches comes to mind, crucifying someone for religious beliefs, creating a monetary system based on inequality, letting people starve and die homeless while there is an abundance of food and shelter everywhere, etc. Such is the world we inhabit with a multitude of young souls that just don't have a clue about what is right and old souls that regress daily into subversive and negative behavior.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I mean in front of the customers and making this kid who was our waitress cry!

I had to stop right there..

If it was me, I go back there and tell that waitress to get a lawyer and sue the crap out of that establishment for work place harassment ..

I'm dead serious!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm thinking that this woman was giving the waitress a hard time based on jealousy of a younger and/or more attractive woman making her feel threatened, maybe she suspects her husband maybe cheating on her with the waitress. It could be that the waitress is flirty with her husband, or perhaps the husband has been saying or doing things that make her suspect him of cheating or wanting to cheat with the girl. Perhaps they are cheating on her and she knows about it. Hell hath no fury and all that.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I totally agree, I've found that society in general has become far more bitter and spiteful in recent years.

More often than not, people will stab you in the back for their own sake. There's no sense of decency or respect anymore.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I too recently observed an owner of a local restaurant cheat a waitress out of $38.00. A table where she served a party of four got up and ran after the meal leaving a $38.00 bill. The owner claimed it was her responsibility to cover the loss. The waitress is an older, single lady who is always friendly and nice and one of the reasons I eat there. The dilemma is if I confront the owner she may get fired. If I stop eating there then she may suffer economic loss. It made me sick to watch what the owner did to this poor lady. Other patrons saw what happened as well. I doubled my tip but wished I had been in a better position financially as I would have covered the whole $38 because she also lost their tip. It definitely appears to me that people are treating others more and more poorly.

SnF

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I feel bad for those who seem to find it necessary to tear someone else down in order for them to feel good about themselves. A Public Display of such Juvenile behavior Speaks Volumes of such 'People'. They are just Feeding their Own Ego's.
I suppose the Effect has been gained by TPTB, when 'They' constantly feed us All with Negativity and Fear. This , I believe, is what They have been after. They want us to live in Fear. Those who live in Fear are easier to Control.
However it mainly seems like this Tyrant Woman is just jealous of the younger Waitress. Just my 2 cents. Syx.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Basically, 60 years ago everyone was the same. There was one general personality. Then changes starting happening in the late 60s, and for 30 years people began to grow in freedom of personality, freedom of expression, freedom of spirit, freedom of change. Well, we took that away from ourselves unexpectedly in the new millennium. Humanity stole all of those goo things from itself. No longer did any human let another human be free. All of the negative things in humanity started coming out in this final change - stubbornness, disbelief, hate, deceit, ego. Now we are true enemies of each other. It sucks. There are very few people who will give you a smile, probably about 20 or 10 percent of all the people in America.

If you can just imagine the radio is on, if all we had was the last 10 years of music, because music is an expression of people, which is an expression of society it explains itself, if we didn't have all the music form the 70s - the 90s, we would not be able to witness or perceive the potential human beings have in freedom, expression, love, and all the good things together as a civilization. So it does make me very sad and mad that we have lost that. It means I cannot have any of those good connections - the idea that the best things in life are free. it is all gone and we are back to primal state of consciousness.
edit on 11Sat, 01 Feb 2014 11:07:01 -0600America/Chicago14America/ChicagoSat, 01 Feb 2014 11:07:01 -0600 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You said it... a reply to: Advantage

new topics

top topics

join