It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a Smart Phone? Prepare to Get the Collective Consciousness App

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This might be of interest to some of you. There's an app coming that will "allow us to probe deeper into how individual minds might interact with each other, or with the environment in a synchronized way."

The Collective Consciousness app is based on several decades of laboratory investigations into the relationship between consciousness and the physical world, which is generally called "mind-matter interaction." In the simplest sense, labs have produced good evidence that conscious intention or attention can influence probabilistic physical systems, such as random number generators (RNGs).

RNGs produce completely unpredictable sequences of zeros and ones. But research at IONS, Princeton University's PEAR lab, and elsewhere has demonstrated that human consciousness can affect the behavior of these RNGs, in a way that can be measured statistically.

The Global Consciousness Project has also shown that RNGs spread around the world produce statistical anomalies (unexplained coherence) when global events synchronize the attention and emotions of millions of people. Recent examples include the death of Nelson Mandela, and the attacks of 9/11 (below).

www.indiegogo.com...

edit on 22-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So can you actually get this, or is it simply a crowd-funding solicitation?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Crowd-fund.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sound a bit like Global Consciousness Project

Global Consciousness Project

EscapeNorth

[url]

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Yes indeed, the founder of the Global Consciousness Project is on the team.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Cant they just research NLP and astrology?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

onequestion

Cant they just research NLP and astrology?

But then we would miss out on the fun of exploiting consumerist snobbishness in favor of noetic research.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

LOL. Thats all i can say about the masses.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've always found the GCP interesting, and used to run the dot on the computer a bit. The synchronized metrics with all the flashies and bells were fun as well.

Think the site has been partially dismantled, I don't see all the same features as in the past.

I'm now wondering if the data truly shows what they believe it does. Maybe so, maybe not.

I took the time a while back to look at skeptical opinions who looked over the data. They essentially were saying you could shape the context however you liked it, and choose to find patterns that seemed beyond chance if you used the correct equations.

Basically that it was a result of confirmation bias. I don't know enough about the science to say for sure if this is legit or not. I understand the dummied down version of what's going on, but am still not sure about it.

What I do find interesting relates to a few years ago. There's a thread on ATS which talks of the dot going blue all day exactly as Muslims were to be in prayer all day. I found that to be quite astonishing.

Who knows? I'll download the app when it's available and try to keep an open mind.

S + F

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Who are you and what have you done with Webedoomed?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

If you carefully go through my posts, you'll see me repeatedly claiming to have a skeptically open mind.

I don't have a problem imagining the possibilities, I simply want to stay grounded in what can be proven, and what the data is actually pointing towards.

I'm perfectly capable of shifting my mind when the data points towards conclusions that don't allow my previously held beliefs room to breathe.

I still hold that a lot of what the researchers are claiming is beyond what the evidence proves. They may simply be making correct leaps, but ethically, we can't allow scientists to be so presumptuous. They should be held to higher standards.

Notice in the video, the scientists are using open ended words like "may be". That's a lot more acceptable than holding a belief in absolute as the language was presented in other threads.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

when it said how humans could affect the behavior of RNGs that relates a lot to the observer effect which plays a big role in the double slit expiriment and quantum mechanics.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by golden23

Right. So here's where I'm going to be a jerk again. Sorry guys and gals!

There are variables which aren't well controlled here.

Like distance from device. So a device is activated on the phone, and you leave your phone in the car. Later on you go over the data and see that you had huge spikes 3 times today! Do you recall if the phone was on your person?

I don't hold the phone in my pocket, or ever put it up to my skull. How will that effect the personal connection I have to this RNG?

Or is it simply intent. I have my device, and some sort of personal connection to it. Is that good enough?
edit on 22-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I had to post this before watching the video.

I saw the title and thought... Wait Facebook already exists lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Awesome! Its the guy from 'What the BLEEP!' This guy has done alot of work with random number generators. If you havent seen that documentry, I urge you to do so. It will help you understand the power of RNG's and Collective Conscienceness
edit on 22-1-2014 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join