It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.N. Is Not A World Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
For those who belive the U.N is a government, you are absolutely wrong. The U.N. is an organization of independent sovereign states. No government! It is not a world government, and it does not legislate. Again, no world government! It is a place where nations meet to discuss international concerns and cooperate in solving common problems. The U.N. is and can be only as strong as the support is receives from governments and world peoples. In addition, world leaders should invest more support into this organiztion.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
MY G** some one that actually believes in the UN starting a pro UN thread!

nice job man!
i support you 100% on that post BTW.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I agree with you..... kinda.....

A better way to say it might be "The UN is not SUPPOSED to be", or "was not DESIGNED to be", or "has no business TRYING to be". Whatever the original intent was, that doen't change what a large number of the delegates are trying to make the UN into.

Anytime members of the UN spout off about a member nation not having "UN APPROVAL" for an action, (right or wrong doesn't matter here. That's a separate issue) they are implying that the UN somehow has the power or authority over a country's political actions. This leads me to think that the UN BELIEVES it has some type of control over individual member states, which is one defenition of 'world government'.

[edit on 11/21/2004 by Montana]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i think they mean like a ref or some one going to split up a fight.
i mean come on the UN is made up supposedly the oldest and wisest nations on the planet.

top topics

join