It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA agent Edward Snowden stands for student rector at Glasgow University

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Aye, whats wrang way Haggis? Makes a rare supper way sum neeps n tatties!

edit on 21-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

I am going Haggis hunting today! I heard some have been spotted down by the Botanic Gardens over the West End. I need to find my gun and grab ma coat.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

"I heard some have been spotted down by the Botanic Gardens over the West End."

I think your more lightly to encounter the alchie's/junkies given your choice of hunting ground, i'm afraid they just don't taste the same!

You are however correct in the assumption that you will most lightly need your gun as they can be rather aggressive this time of year!
LoL

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Its funny I think he has more support in the UK than in the USA. Guess the USA propaganda done a goo number on your masses.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

who do you think ? - its not hard - hint - who are the idiots able to vote for him ? they are the same morons who will suffer when they have a student rector who is of no use to them

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I cant remember the last time a student rector was of any use to anyone. Said job title is of an more of an honorary fashion me thinks!
LoL
edit on 22-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I think your more lightly to encounter the alchie's/junkies given your choice of hunting ground, i'm afraid they just don't taste the same!

A taste testing is called for.
Which tastes better?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Life tastes better I imagine.

Haggis is up there through, tastes great!

edit on 22-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Surely this can't happen. The UK has an extradition treaty with the US. We're closest allies for crying out loud.

The moment Snowden landed at Glasgow, he'd be arrested by Scottish Police and the process would begin. Mind you, doing that would guarantee he couldn't face the death penalty though - the UK won't extradite people facing that.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

KingIcarus
Surely this can't happen. The UK has an extradition treaty with the US. We're closest allies for crying out loud.

The moment Snowden landed at Glasgow, he'd be arrested by Scottish Police and the process would begin. Mind you, doing that would guarantee he couldn't face the death penalty though - the UK won't extradite people facing that.

You may have hit on an important point with this. The whole thing could be a clever international law tactic.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

grey580

CIA?
Did I miss something.... NSA you mean.

He worked for the NSA directly, then the CIA for a few years, then back as a contractor for NSA projects again. He spent a good number of years between the two Agencies. That was all in his own published interview when he first revealed who he was in relation to the leaks. Public record, one might say.

In 2003, he enlisted in the US army and began a training program to join the Special Forces.

He broke both his legs in a training accident, according to that, for why he was dropped from the military.

After that, he got his first job in an NSA facility, working as a security guard for one of the agency's covert facilities at the University of Maryland. From there, he went to the CIA, where he worked on IT security.

By 2007, the CIA stationed him with diplomatic cover in Geneva, Switzerland. His responsibility for maintaining computer network security meant he had clearance to access a wide array of classified documents.

He left the CIA in 2009 in order to take his first job working for a private contractor that assigned him to a functioning NSA facility, stationed on a military base in Japan.
Source: The Guardian

......and the rest, as they say, is history. I wouldn't be half surprised at this point for him to get some public medal in the Russian Federation and just outright say he'd already been on payroll outside the U.S. well before he left. I don't know that...but it just would't surprise me. What he did used to be called defecting, and was more often seen going the other direction for most of the years I've been alive. He just literally reversed the normal process.......by coincidence or not.

A story without an end ..I suppose. At this stage, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join