It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Health Care-Bad Idea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have a question for you!

How are the public school systems in the U.S.? Well, how are they?

I have decided to give you the answer: The Public School Systems in the U.S. are awful. Don't bother debating this, because this is a well-know fact.

But why are our colleges so educational?

The Answer: The education is privitized.

I think most of us can agree that private schools are better than public schools right?

But how does apply to health care you might ask?

In the good, ol' U.S. we currently have are health care paid by insurance. We have to pay money to get health care.

Canadians flock down to the U.S. because their public hospitals can not provide enough advance health care.

That brings up another good question: Is World Health Care really free? No, it isn't it comes from everyone's taxes.

World Health Care is a very bad idea, and I would be very angry if it ever got publicized.

Just one of the many reasons I am happy that Bush got elected president! Bush will keep Health Care privitized, and that is the right decision for this country.

-MysticalUnicorn-

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think it's pretty obvious that the free market produces better results than the federal government almost across the board.

Universal Health Care is a funny little joke we like to tell around the office. If it ever happens, then we will be screwed.

But hell, I like getting taxed to hell as it is, let alone if the entitlement community was to gain real power and hold in America.

I think we have forgotten the entire idea of America, but that's not surprising considering the cultural change that has gone on inside America.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
One of the things that Bush proposed during the debates was to make it possible for small companies to join together to obtain the same rates for employee health insurance that large companies enjoy.

Now this to me sounds like good, common sense. I would be hard pressed to come up with an argument against it. But apparently, it is not the case right now. My question is, why not?

Kerry, BTW, has vowed to propose health care for every American child, the first day he returns to the Senate. A noble idea, but who will pay for it? Answer: the rich. Except that his definition of who is wealthy keeps getting broader and broader. I guess that's just part of the inclusivity of the Democratic party, though, eh?

[edit on 21-11-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
MysticalUnicorn As a non america citzen forgive me for asking this.
If someone dosnt have health insurance and they dont have a high income do the miss out?
Who pays for the health insursance the company you work for?
With all do respect the world dosnt think much of the american health system I put it in the same basket as guns reduce crime a load of rubbish but you wont convince people otherwise.
Are you really being taxed any less for expensive health care?
How can a country that spends $359 billlion on defence not afford to fund a public school system?
Here in NZ I pay $35 to vist a GP and there are long waiting lists for operations. So far the free market hasnt improved health care still if you dont fund the health system enough you wont improve the system.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Health Care. As in many other areas of life, this rule holds true: You get what you pay for.

Heh. Let me see, you want the Government to handle Health Care. Name anything the Govenment handles particularly well.

Do they spend our money well?
Do they educate our children well?
Do they protect our enviornment well?
Well, ok, they do fight wars pretty well (the US Gov, anyway although the clean-up afterwards could use some work), but that hardly makes them suitable to administer National (or Global) Health Care.

In other words, the Government (any government, pick one) sucks. No thanks, I barely trust them to provide an enviorment for life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. That's all I care for them to do for me, thanks. For anything else, I prefer they ignore me altogether. I'll take my chances that I'll be able to afford the type of healthcare that I need. If I can't afford it, then that is tough for me. If I haven't earned it, I won't get it. It's not the Government's responsibility. It's mine.

new topics

top topics

join