It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says Racial Animus Blunts Approval, New Yorker Reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Obama Says Racial Animus Blunts Approval, New Yorker Reports

President Barack Obama said that racial tensions may have softened his popularity among white voters within the last two years, according to a story posted on the New Yorker magazine’s website today.

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,” Obama said in the article by David Remnick, appearing in the magazine’s Jan. 27 edition.

“Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black president,” Obama said in his most direct comments on how race has affected his political standing since he’s been in office.

Leave it to Obama to play / blame the race card for his utter lack of leadership and inability to own his mistakes. So, if you are horrible at your job, your administration is plagued by scandal, you constantly lie to the American people and as a result your poll ratings are low - apparently has nothing to do with people who do not like you. Its because they are racist and don't like the facet your black?

This is nothing more than him, once again, blaming anyone for his incompetence. Obama has about as much use / respect for the black community as Jessie Jackson / Al Sharpton do.

I wonder who he will blame next?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,”

If you think there is anything incorrect in his statement you are being willfully naive. Its just fact.

XcathdraLeave it to Obama to play / blame the race card

This is what is called taking something out of context. If anyone is playing the 'race card' here, its you.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah, he played the race card.

It's outdated, I'm annoyed because there are real issues to discuss and he has real problems yet to address.

Yet, he's not wrong. People have made decisions about this presidency, based on his race. There isn't any denying that.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The people that disliked Obama simply due to his race, have always disliked him. It would not account for his drop in polls.

His drop in polls accurately reflects his poor leadership and his faulty administration.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The President is half white and related to Dick Cheney. (Well by about "8 cousins removed) (but still,..) This makes him an Equal Opportunity target for ill will. I should think.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Right. It has nothing to do with Obamacare, the NDAA, or the NSA. It's just that the white people that voted for him in the past two elections have become racist over the past couple of years.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

According to Obama, people can go to bed, and the next morning, wake up and spontaneously become racist!

(I think it's the fluoride in the water!)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I didn't do nothing, it's cause i'm black.

now where have i heard that before, yea that's right from just about every black law breaker you see on any of the numerous cop shows on tv.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

reply to post by tothetenthpower

So the general public is to blame for his failures? He was elected to office and has to deal with Congress for his priorities.

A person who dislikes Obama because of his racial makeup is not the reason he's failed as a leader. Its not the reason his policy initiatives have failed. Its not the reason he has had one scandal after scandal after scandal. Did those who dislike Obama based on race cause our actions in Libya? Did they cause the IRS scandal? Did they cause the Fast n Furious scandal?

Obama consistently blames everyone else for his failings.

beezzer

The people that disliked Obama simply due to his race, have always disliked him. It would not account for his drop in polls.

His drop in polls accurately reflects his poor leadership and his faulty administration.

Exactly my point. We are to far into his second term for him to blame Bush... Apparently its now the fault of the people.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Wow Mr President....

Do they make a special Presidential version of that, too? If so, someone better make sure he's well stocked. He plays it often enough to need more than a standard deck.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hmmmm. If anything, I'd say this is a strange case of white people despising a person so much they don't care what color he is. If anything, he has united people in a way he wasn't trying to do. Virtually nobody cares if he's black. The only people who seem to care now are black people who refuse to admit that this guy has taken the trust they placed in him and the honor of being the first black president and wiped his ass with it. White people didn't do that.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

beezzer...
Sorry, but AMEN!

Thing is though, he's not black, nor white: he's mixed. much like I'm part Irish, Native American (largest percentage, actually), Polish and who knows what else; I've actually enough NA blood to register with the Nation, but I choose not to because I don't want to perpetuate division- it's well past time for the "One World People" to come together.

The Clown in Chief, he seems to ignore his state of being, his heritage, his truth, and I find that disingenuous, and in and of itself worthy of distrust.

This guy, BHO, isn't worth the TP he wipes with, as far as I can tell... and neither are any of the politicians who claim association with him, by party or by ideology, irrespective of melanin content.

Best I can tell, BHO would call MLKjr an Uncle Tom, given the chance.

edit on 1/21/2014 by abecedarian because: grammar.

edit on 1/21/2014 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

beezzer

Exactly. Apparently, the racist theory works with the idea that a whole bunch of racists forgot they were racists (twice) long enough to vote for Obama and then suddenly remembered they were racists again when the elections were over.

Well, actually, the way I see it, it's not really a leadership problem so much as it is an attitude problem. You don't promise people you're not going to force them to buy insurance for the rest of their life and then turn around and do exactly what you said you wouldn't do as soon as you get elected and thumb your nose at people who don't like it. You don't do this if you're white, black, purple. You don't do this if it works perfectly. Because it's dishonest and some people actually voted for you believing they wouldn't be forced to buy insurance or fined if they didn't.

Obama's attitude about this is that he simply changed his mind. This is a lie. Plain and simple. Not just a little white lie. It's a whopper. The entire Obamacare bill is built on that one lie.

new topics

top topics

join