It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top CIA official admits ‘minor’ abuses of NSA database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
dailycaller.com...

Michael Morell, the former deputy director of the Central Intelligence Agency under both Presidents Bush and Obama, said Sunday that there have been abuses of the National Security Agency’s surveillance database, but that the abuses have been “very minor.”

On CBS’s “Face The Nation,” host Bob Schieffer asked Morell to settle the differing claims from lawmakers about whether NSA employees have abused their access to Americans’ private communications.

“Chairman [Mike] Rogers has said — and said again this morning — there have been no abuses,” Schieffer said. “Senator [Mark] Udall says there has. Do you know of any abuses?”

“So there have been a handful of cases, literally a handful,” Morell revealed, “where NSA employees have looked into the database inappropriately — looked at boyfriends, or girlfriends.”

“In every one of those cases, they were dealt with appropriately,” Morell continued, “and I believe actually some of them may have been fired. But that’s the limited abuse that has taken place.”

“There has been no systematic abuse. There has been no political abuse. It has been minor — very minor.”

That's right folks, only a handful of gov't employees abused the all seeing eye system to spy on the ex's.

Are we to believe the officials running our gov'ts won't use this power for their own interests? Clearly they are above the law, when Banks are too big to jail and the DOJ can run guns to Mexican cartels, to name a few, what's to stop them from accessing everyone's data for their own personal gain?

Or am I just a paranoid nutter that should move along because there's nothing to see here?

Does anyone have any examples of abuse from the super spy system?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Does this idiot not get it? The whole surveillance deal is an abuse, and if it isn't that, then it's just a slap in the face to not just U.S. citizens, but to the whole world.

edit on 19-1-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I dont think anyone gets the sheer stupidity of the whole NSA program.

Anyone who gives up freedoms for security deserves neither - Benjamin Franklin

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Snowden had already revealed that. That they were 'dealt with' sounds a bit 'after the fact' since before Snowden, there was no mention by any of the 'Good guys' of any shenanigans.
If I was a pressman, I would feel free to talk about the, 'Tip of the iceberg?'
edit on 19-1-2014 by smurfy because: Spelin.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
I dont think anyone gets the sheer stupidity of the whole NSA program.

Anyone who gives up freedoms for security deserves neither - Benjamin Franklin

Exactly, and all we hear from Obama beiner et all... is" we have to balance security with safety".

Piss on that, my safety is where it belongs, at the tip of my right thumb on my pistol grip of my weapon of choice.

These worthless shills are all just that, worthless shills.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In my opinion, this goes further than the NSA and spying on its people.

Its the future of the global Police State. Headed by the Global bully USA.

Protect us from terrorists pleaseeeeee. We give you free reign.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
May our founding fathers and out grand children forgive us for bowing to internal tyranny.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
May our founding fathers and out grand children forgive us for bowing to internal tyranny.

I would submit now is the time to make our Founder's proud.

We will bow to nobody.

It's time to set aside all the crap they use to divide us and come together on one thing.

We can all agree that every single elected official is a monumental failure.

It's time to vote to send them all home.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
In my opinion, this goes further than the NSA and spying on its people.

Its the future of the global Police State. Headed by the Global bully USA.

Protect us from terrorists pleaseeeeee. We give you free reign.

Yes you could say that, but my fear is that the mismash of intelligence agencies has got out of hand, almost/is beyond proper governance. There should be no private contracting in matters of state, it's unfair to ordinary US citizens, (and elsewhere) and who backs these people live off. They take your money to spy on you at will, that is not right. They will use every piece of crap like Mafia and pay them with your money, so often for uselessness, it's not right. God knows how many innocents have died, and for nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wheww, thought i killed the thread.....happens a lot.

I agree, there needs to be action. But only so few can not make a difference.

I just wait for the day when people realize the mistake they have made.

Its sick when you have to donate money to run for office. The first trigger for me.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What do we do and how do we do it?

How does one begin to fix this issue with or elected officials?

And how does one do it without being seen as an act of aggression?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

whyamIhere

shaneslaughta

We will bow to nobody.

It's time to set aside all the crap they use to divide us and come together on one thing.

I agree with everything you say
Just the vote part won't work, that type of vote would never see the day of light in this current admin and if it some how it did i bet they would just make it decided by the super cool electoral college cool kids klub.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

We should all be extremely grateful to the Government for commencing the surveillance program because it has been proven fruitful in nabbing heaps of terrorists that were about to bomb innocent children in schools, its unfortunate naughty field agents have abused the program to spy on their respective boy/girl friends..../sarc.

What utter utter bullship.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
President Obama’s Full NSA Speech Video and Transcript

benswann.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

whyamIhere

shaneslaughta

We will bow to nobody.

I agree, followed by only voting for regular folks, non politician types.

new topics

top topics

join