It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIamond Quantum Entanglement + Fixing SETI + The Flakey Vibration Obsessed New Agers = Alien Civiliz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I just thought of this this afternoon and I thought I'd put it forward for the ATS community to consider. Maybe just as a thought experiment for now.

What do those three in the subject thread put together potentially equal? The potential discovery of extraterrestrial life.

Now here are the series of steps in the thinking:

1) Quantum entanglement of 1mm diamonds has been demonstrated. See Science Magazine www.sciencemag.org... for reference. It's real. To sum it up is their public domain abstract:

Quantum entanglement in the motion of macroscopic solid bodies has implications both for quantum technologies and foundational studies of the boundary between the quantum and classical worlds. Entanglement is usually fragile in room-temperature solids, owing to strong interactions both internally and with the noisy environment. We generated motional entanglement between vibrational states of two spatially separated, millimeter-sized diamonds at room temperature. By measuring strong nonclassical correlations between Raman-scattered photons, we showed that the quantum state of the diamonds has positive concurrence with 98% probability. Our results show that entanglement can persist in the classical context of moving macroscopic solids in ambient conditions.

Of course the most obvious implication is that this is the future of communication. It will be instantaneous and without boundaries. We will, eventually and probably fairly soon, communicate with quantum entanglement. A "moving macroscopic solid" is varied so that its counterpart follows the same pattern while being located far away, and instant communication is achieved.

2) The Mistake of SETI.

They say that it's a good idea to scan tiny little sections of the galaxy, bit by bit, hoping for a radio signal from an intelligent civilization. Now, this is a seriously flawed concept. How long in the history of the human race did we use powerful radio transmitters to communicate? A few decades? That era is over now. We use low-power microwaves that don't carry out into space in any significant way, when we aren't using closed systems. What radio transmitters we use now are peanuts in power to what we used to use. The era lasted a blip in time. And who is to say that any significant number of intelligent species would go through the same technological eras as we did? Talk about a whole bunch of unsubstantiated assumptions. The people running SETI are imagining aliens in our image, going through the same stages we did, and somehow, even if they did, we're going to catch that blip in time when they had high-powered radio equipment. Talk about putting a needle in a haystack that's sitting on a needle on a haystack.

3) Flakey Vibration Obsessed New Agers.

From any logical, critical thinking, scientific-minded perspective, the general approach to "vibrations" most New Agers take is ridiculous and without any evidence. However like most such things, they have started from a real foundation and built a house of straw from it. The idea that you can "change your vibration" to be healthier or whatever is quite stupid and illogical. Especially using a quartz crystal or whatnot. It's like a cartoon form in the intelligent person's mind. However, not so fast. Maybe there is something there for something plausible.

The idea that things of a uniform material have their own "vibration" is not all that ridiculous and in a way, we can use this concept to -- PERHAPS -- detect alien intelligences.

Now wait a second. Don't just roll your eyes and dismiss this. Look back at my steps.

Here's how such an experiment would work.

1) We assume, probably quite rightly, that advanced civilizations elsewhere will adopt quantum entanglement for their communication. And, quite obviously, it is a very, very long term solution. Instant, low power, technology that never becomes obsolete once fully developed. So the odds of detecting such a civilization using it right now, are vastly superior to looking for civilizations who might have used radio communications for a blip in their history. That's logical.

2) As we see that "macroscopic solids in ambient conditions" can be used in quantum entanglement experiments, we are likely within the position to be able to create a "tuning diamond". Yes. A "tuning diamond". So what we do is "tune" this diamond to various frequencies, various vibrations, movements, et al, and test to see if we get a repeating signal. In essence, we're looking to match it with another quantum entangled diamond being used by an alien civilization for communication. After all, it kind of makes sense that that is what they'd be using. A lot more likely than a radio signal. See above for my rationale.

3) The question is: How do we tune (and retune) a diamond to be receptive to quantum entanglement frequencies?
edit on 17-1-2014 by Saucerking because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2014 by Saucerking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hello again King. Your thread reminds me a bit of this.

journalofcosmology.com...

Saucerking

3) The question is: How do we tune (and retune) a diamond to be receptive to quantum entanglement frequencies?

PK.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerking

This is an amazing idea! You are probably on to something here but i don't think anyone can really give you an answer to #3 outside of speculation right now.

Really nice brainstorming

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Maybe this is already being used on us....
Like whats the fascination with diamond rings and jewellery in general ?
You think of carrying a mobile phone with GPS/cams/mics that are being used to log our activities.
Just maybe this has been happening for a while now, using the diamond entanglement and storage capabilities of crystal matrices to lifelog everything the wearer sees/hears/feels/etc?
And quantum entanglement upload to whomever/whatever... and vice/versa?

And just like mobile phones etc .... you will gladly pay life for the latest incarnation of enslavement device !!

;-)x

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

BlueMule
Hello again King. Your thread reminds me a bit of this.

journalofcosmology.com...

Saucerking

PK.

Well, it is a fun piece to read. However, it isn't based on any real science. So it's fun to read, but that's where it ends. They make the immediate, completely groundless and unsubstantiated leap that somehow quantum entanglement of particles up to uniform metasize materials (such as pure carbon diamonds of 1mm) are somehow the same as telepathy! That doesn't make any sense at all because they have nothing to actually base that on. There aren't any replicable experiments behind anything in the paper. Nothing solid. The references are completely out of context. I'm only interested in starting from solid established foundations to propose "what if?" questions from. But thanks for posting it. It was entertaining.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CovertAgenda

There may be something in what you post. Not sure, but it is an interesting correlation between the human love of crystal structures ( the more pure and perfect, the more highly prized) and belief in communication of some sort. Is there something inherently there in our collective unconscious?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

eirgud

This is an amazing idea! You are probably on to something here but i don't think anyone can really give you an answer to #3 outside of speculation right now.

Really nice brainstorming

Well, that's where my brainstorming ends for now.

I guess I should research how exactly they put those diamonds into quantum entanglement in the first place. From there some sort of tuning method might be derived.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Dont forget Crystals and sound / vibration...

Our latest experiments involve sending Zappa songs through a crystal matrix enhanced scalar sound field...

That should really fu@k with the critters heads (or whatever)

LOL..

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I've since come up with a concept of how a Quantum version of SETI would work and a drawing of a Quantum Crystal Radio using real science as a basis. See the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Dutch Scientists Just Shattered Our Conception Of How Information Will Travel In The Future.

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I can answer the Vibration question....

Vibration Therapy ( used by the Greeks ) and Training ( newer ) is an actual science. That has a physical impact on the body.

Once people found out things like Crystals vibrated. It was a logical extension to apply it to "positive" vibrations and the soul / universe etc....

All a bit airy fairy for me. But whatever floats their boat.

top topics

join