It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SmartWater!!???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
And no, not the "smartwater" that you can get at the local quickie mart! First time Ive ever heard of this. Did a search here, but I couldn't find anything related...I can't believe that this hasn't been discussed here before.

SmartWater is a chemical that can be sprayed on valuables that could help police crack the case if they're stolen.

It can also be used with a burglar alarm tied in with a sprinkler system.

Another application is a sprinkler system that sprays a burglar with the (invisible) fluid, which cannot be washed off and lasts for months, to generate evidence that connects a suspect to a specific location.

SmartWater Wiki

Wired dot com 2005 article

Why isn't this in widespread use here in the US? It's been in use in the UK for almost 20 years!! This would be such a deterrent for would be burglars, right? See one of those stickers on your targets' door/window...

Here's the video of the specific story I saw, which involved Winter Park, FL. Apparently the city likes this SmartWater so much it will give every homeowner one for free, due to past burglaries.
Sorry, I can't link the vid...

SmartWater video

Just thought this was interesting and wanted to share...

edit on 11-1-2014 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Why isn't this in widespread use here in the US? It's been in use in the UK for almost 20 years!!

I'm guessing the US isn't using it because it's eco-friendly?

new topics

join