It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: World United Against N. Korean Nukes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

SANTIAGO, Chile - President Bush (news - web sites) said Saturday that North Korea (news - web sites) "will hear a common voice from the world" demanding it stop nuclear weapons program.

With North Korea demanding economic aid and U.S. guarantees of nonaggression as incentives, South Korea and China, in particular, have suggested it may be necessary to be more flexible.

But while acknowledging "there is going to be quibbling about whether the sequencing of steps is right or whether the timing is right," the White House wants to play down any such differences over strategy, a senior administration official said on condition of anonymity.

"We've put forward a realistic proposal and we're not interested, none of us are interested, in sort of negotiating among ourselves at this point," the official said. "There is something concrete to talk about; the North Koreans need to come back to the table to talk about it."

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20041120/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/bush_apec

I wonder what Bush names the countries that agree to back him on North Korea.
Another coalition of the...whatever.?

Sanc'.

edit:text

[edit on 20-11-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
China(PRC)'s support on NK is purely out of national interets and has nothing to do with ideology(just like the US is supporting Taiwan's independence from China).but I don't think NK could pose a real threat to the US,no country will support it to develop nukes.so i guess NK just want some aid in economy and the US's assurance not to attack it.

The NK perhaps is the only (traditional) communism country in the world,after seeing some report on it,i am very sorry our amry once had fought for such a govnt.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by suihx]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ha, did anybody saw the protest outside in the city, they were burning and screaming, yeah the people in that country is going to be willing to die for Mr. Bush wars.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
All wars begin with deception
---Sun Tzu

top topics

join