It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wandering Thundercloud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sup Ats, this is my first post in a long while.

I was thinking of an event(or strange phenomenon) that I had only seen once on a clear blue sky summer day in my area. I cannot remember the exact date, but I believe it ether 08, or 09 when I had saw this. I think there was a huge air force show at the exhibition in toronto, however this quite a distance from Toronto, and personally I'd rather not say where I had witnessed it.

Anyways, I kinda of out luck with job searching for sometime, so I used to kill time by going for some long walks enjoying the heat, instead of being home all the time.

When one day, a strange thunder cloud, which I would say small(even though clouds are massive regardless of size). However, the reason why I'm writing about the thunder cloud, is that the lightning was "Yellow". The storm cloud was containing itself, but would let of a noise here and there.

I was pretty much facing south west walking, when I turned my head and saw this cloud taking it time going across the sky in my area. And I had paused, and was guessing to myself "How...?"

Now what was even stranger then the cloud was the plane following it. It was one of those big military planes, the ones that can carry tanks, and heavy packages. Not only that, it was green, big, and very loud, so military was a good guess.

Anyways, as I'm standing for a few minutes, seeing this plane being out raced by this dramatically, wandering thundercloud on clear blue day.

I just felt like sharing this experience, cause it has been in the back of my head for sometime.

And yes, I have very exciting walks sometimes.

edit on 4-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hehe..playing catch up here. I see you got your stars. Though no one had anything to say. Does not mean we here did not read it.

I give you credit for getting out and seeing something new to you. Then having a sense to share your moment. I am wellllllll south of you at the moment. I'm on my tablet. Outside. Playing with my telescope. Cold? Oh yes! Do I have hot chocolate? Yes!

Though accuweather states 30° f here. As I sit out doors here in Pittsburgh pa. My thermometer reads 19°f to me.

I'd comment on your experience in weather phenomenon. But I can't. I was not there. We get wicked thunder and lightning here. And giant C-5s. But not both at once. I would really have liked to have seen that.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

if the wind is blowing the cloud faster then the plane, and the plane is following the cloud, wouldnt then the wind be blowing past the plane denying it any lift as it crashes to the ground? sooo.............

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Idk. Considering it was a summer day, and Greater Toronto Area in those day use to have very haze summers. Again, it was pretty clear, cloudless day, excluding the haze seen in the horizon.

I don't think it was a windy day, and the plane as well the cloud was low. At least at the height of a medium size sky scraper from what I remember.

Btw, I'm not into aviation....

So..?
edit on 5-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

I wouldn't have noticed it, until it started crackling.

A small Thunder cloud that shows itself from out of nowhere, that popped out from the tree tops behind my location on a summer day, sometime in the afternoon. While the electricity that goings on in the cloud was a completely different colour from regular lightning.

Not too mention, the plane following it, was telling me, I'm not the only one tripping out.

Cause I ain't ever seen a green plane like that, unless it there was an airforce show. And city wise, the airport an half an hour drive for me. So Im used to seeing low flying planes at times even in my backyard, but a green plane, with engines that have it own distinct noise...

I couldn't blame you for not commenting at all...

How nobody else noticed...Well it just proves how oblivious my community is.
edit on 5-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join