It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad kills son, 13, with an ax because he believed he was a demon and was going to eat him!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Gary Sherrill, 51, admitted to cops he killed his 13-year-old son
Police had been to his home multiple times in the last week alone
His behavior had alarmed neighbors - one of whom he jumped out at from behind a bush
He shouted about war as he was led away in handcuffs

Just when you think the world can't get any crazier, you see something like this. My God!

A neighbor who spoke to multiple television stations but did not want to be identified painted a picture of a strange man living a bizarre life.
‘I know that all the windows were blacked out with tin foil. I never saw the child playing whenever he was let out of the house, he had a tight hold on him’ the woman said.
‘In the beginning, I kind of thought he might be kidnapped,’ she added, saying that she called Child Protective Services out of concern but was told nothing could be done unless she actually witnessed the boy being abused.
No abuse was ever seen, she said.
It is not known how long the boy’s mother and Mr Sherrill were divorced, and if he had any history of mental illness, but divorce papers obtained by Fox 10 hinted at problems.

edit on 3-1-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

You would think authorities would look into the situation a little more than they did.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 3-1-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: addition

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

edit on 3-1-2014 by Indigent because: mod changed the forum

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Is there a link to this story?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

quote]
Gary Sherrill, 51, admitted to cops he killed his 13-year-old son
Police had been to his home multiple times in the last week alone
His behavior had alarmed neighbors - one of whom he jumped out at from behind a bush
He shouted about war as he was led away in handcuffs

Just when you think the world can't get any crazier, you see something like this. My God!

A neighbor who spoke to multiple television stations but did not want to be identified painted a picture of a strange man living a bizarre life.
‘I know that all the windows were blacked out with tin foil. I never saw the child playing whenever he was let out of the house, he had a tight hold on him’ the woman said.
‘In the beginning, I kind of thought he might be kidnapped,’ she added, saying that she called Child Protective Services out of concern but was told nothing could be done unless she actually witnessed the boy being abused.
No abuse was ever seen, she said.
It is not known how long the boy’s mother and Mr Sherrill were divorced, and if he had any history of mental illness, but divorce papers obtained by Fox 10 hinted at problems.

You would think authorities would look into the situation a little more than they did.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 3-1-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: addition

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Cases like this are when they need to dust off old sparky. If there's ever a crime worthy of capital punishment, it's the murder of a child.
edit on 3-1-2014 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Indigent
The general chit chat forum icon is disturbing in times like this

This isnt exactly chit chat is it 0.o

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If this is true, poor kid.

There were other avenues to pursue.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Maybe the dad was talking about a demon war. It sure fits these apacoliptic times

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

FatherStacks
Cases like this are when they need to dust off old sparky. If there's ever a crime worthy of capital punishment, it's the murder of a child.
edit on 3-1-2014 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

Because an eye for an eye would really teach this guy a lesson.

There is no crime worthy of capital punishment in the current fashion, that is the easy way out, especially for criminals. Clearly this guy had some mental problems, which is really an underlying issue in the majority of crimes in the United States these days. No one wants to admit it though, it must be the guys socio-economic up bringing that made him kill his kid, not his psychological problems of believing in fairy tale demons.

I guess it doesn't help when a good majority of the population is talking about a bearded guy up in the sky who created us and his archenemy who controls demons (Silly religions). I suppose the psychological problems are more far-reaching than most would like to admit, so making these lunatics into criminals is the only way to keep up the charade.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, that sure redefines having your kid over for dinner, eh?

Talk about having a cross between Hannibal Lecter and a certifiable screw ball for a Dad.. I'd imagine society won't be bothered by his presence for a very very long time, if ever again?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Anybody ever seen the movie Frailty? That's what this is reminding me of.

Strange times indeed.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Yeah, well, you know that just like eh, your opinion man.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Kids these days, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a demon!
Firepiston

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
maybe he was not lying...

new topics

top topics

join