It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4:04 Texas dog acting strange

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

he can probably smell something in the air, my dog went nuts once near my bird cage and later on i saw my bird had been bleeding, sniffing the air and running back and forth and crying, my dog also knows when i hear military aircraft how anxious i get, i hate them they scare the hell out of me as some fly quite low and the typhoons are the worst, he hears it first then i'l get up to let him out and then i hear it and he's all over the place looking up at the sky.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Are you in Temple, Texas? That is next to the Balcones Fault Line:

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Geography

Temple is located at 31°5′37″N 97°21′44″W (31.093678, -97.362202).[7] It is the second largest city in Bell county, population 66,102.[8] Temple is situated within a relatively short drive of most of the major cities of Texas: 121 miles to Fort Worth, 134 miles to Dallas, 65 miles to Austin, 143 miles to San Antonio, and 187 miles to Houston. The city is located right on Interstate 35 running alongside the Balcones Fault with very mixed geography. Towards the east lies the Blackland Prairie region (a rich farming area) and towards the west the terrain rises with low rolling limestone layered hills at the northeastern tip of the Texas Hill Country. As the Central Texas economy develops at a fast pace, the fertile farming land to the east is transitioning to more suburban residential developments, retail centers and scientific/industrial complexes.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 65.4 square miles (169 km2), of which 65.3 square miles (169 km2) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) (0.14%) is water.

edit on 1/2/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

jasmine23
Now i have foaming water coming out of my sink i went to get some water to make some instant mashed potatoes and it looks like it has soap running out of the faucet,my pan of water looks soapy

I poured a bowl of tap water for the cats that turned into oil overnight and had some kind of growth in it. It was horrid.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

No i am in Copperas Cove,the water just started to act up about thirty minutes after i made the thread,it has been fine all day so i don't know what is going on with it

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

If they have been working on the main water line in your neighborhood it would cause that. Run it non stop for awhile and see if it clears up. But now I'm wondering about the Balcones Fault Line and if it is near Copperas Cove, I'll check.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Dig you give the dog catnip?

Mine are acting strange when they don't get chicken every 5 minutes. Yelping , meowing, whining all day till get the last chicken. It's like they know. They won't even let me eat. Punks.

They stop whining after I cave in.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

No catnip for the dogs,he was actually looking up at the sky like he saw something up there,so i really don't know if he can sense something up there are just heard it

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Okay, here's what I found about the Balcones Fault Zone in your area, it's mentioned near the end of the article:

Source: balconesfaultzoneactivation.blogspot.com...

If you are not familiar with the topography around Killeen, TX, let me fill you in. There exists s a large area, about 30 visible feet wide and 10-15 visible feet deep that runs from virtually, visible within range from US-190 traveling west looking south just as you pass The Rosewood Retirement Community (on the left). It travels south for a longer distance than I have tried to get on peoples private property to see. Especially in TX, where people can legally kill you just for being on their property. Back to the point, that is a fault zone that the ground still hasn't completely grown over. That shows how relatively recent this fault has been active, in the grand scheme of things.

In The DFW Metroplex, companies currently drill for natural gas, but not in the way that you would expect. They come up to your house and say, 'Hey, we'll pay you $300 a month if you let us drill below your house for an alternative to fossil fuels. It doesn't harm the land or environment at all.' Who would not fall for that? Who cannot use $300 a month right now, in this economy? Here is the problem with that. During the time that the Balcones Fault Zone has been inactive, for the most part the ground grew over the fault, thus the gases still having been released by the gaping hole in the earth miles below, were essentially trapped and have been for some time now. There are scattered pockets of natural gas throughout the fault zone, including the DFW Metroplex.

When these gases are extracted, due to the drilling process, it dramatically increases the instability of the ground from the surface level, all the way down through part of the mantle, approximately 12 miles deep. This occurs because as those pockets of pressurized gas, which essentially hold the ground together, are released, the pressure in the ground reduces, making it unstable. Then there are massive holes in the rock under the surface that are not really being held together by anything and gravity is working against it. Eventually parts of rock will fall. If large pieces of rock fall, this will cause earthquakes, like the recent ones that have been reported in the Metroplex. As more earthquakes continue, the fault is slowly coming back to life. In other words, what I am saying is that our quest to find clean energy is reactivating the Balcones Fault Zone. It is only a matter of time before large quakes plague the I-35 corridor from San Antonio to DFW, and all cities in between.

I briefly want to throw in that Flash Flood Alley also exists along the same general area as the Balcones Fault Zone, I-35, from roughly San Antonio to DFW. It also has something to do with this, as I will explain right now. If you look at topographical maps of the area we have been discussing, the elevation increases pretty noticeably from genearlly 0-25 miles east of I-35, traveling east compared to generally 0-25 miles west of I-35, traveling west. If you just travel north or south on I-35, you will not notice what I am referring to, but if you travel west or east on US-190, even in as short of a distance as Temple to Copperas Cove, you will definetely see what I mean. This short 30-45 minute drive has a plethora of geological features. Not only geographical features but also changes in elevation. Nothing super signifant, just signs of previous tectonic plate and fault activity.

Uh-oh

edit on 1/2/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Dang i didn't even know we had a fault line in Texas

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We even have old volcanos in Austin. A lot of the faults have not been charted due to them being inactive for so long. With the recent surge of fracking I would expect some of the "inactive" and "oops, didn't know it was there till now" faults will make themselves known.

I'll ask on the Quake Watch 2014 thread, that's where all the experts on quakes are:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
He may be sensing an on-coming earthquake. Some animals have been known to "go bonkers" before hand. The vibrations could be bouncing against the sky... you know, that sound they say earthquakes make? Maybe it isn't audible to your ears, but he hears it.

Or, it could be that he sees those invisible UFOs that we can't see.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Right now it is quiet,he has calmed down now,maybe because it's dark now,so maybe i was reading to much into it the water has went back to normal,no more soapy looking water.I just never see him act this way because he was definitely looking up into the sky.If anything else happens strange i will report it

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Wow! Just saw this thread about tap water catching on fire….and it is soapy looking…..

Have a look:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well, now posters on the fracking catch on fire tap water thread are saying that it is a hoax so i'll leave it with y'all to decide…..

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Don't know if that is a hoax are not,but i ain't sticking no lighter into it LOL it might go boom!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Anybody else's pets behaving strange?

I'm on the far northern California Coast, and my dog was acting similiar. I wouldn't be commenting to your thread, if it was a normal occurance. When my dog barks, it is because she has seen something. ie; skunk, raccoon, cat, person, etc...

My situation occured right before my 12:00 lunchtime, when I let my dog go out into the yard. She's a rather docile thing, so I was slightly unnerved at how she suddenly started to growl, and bark very ferociously. She was fixated on one spot. I looked and could not see anything obvious with my naked eyes. I went into the house and grabbed a rifle, and she was still barking ferociously, and still fixated on one spot. I surveyed the area through my rifle scope and could not see anything. One of my neighbors asked me what was going on, and after a short explanation, we both had a look around the wooded area that surrounds the spot my dog was barking at. We didn't see any sign of anything unusual.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I can understand when dogs bark at something they see,other dogs and other critters,but this was different he was actually looking up to the sky,no birds are anything that i could see except two white lines in the sky clear blue skies,he was really agitated and running around the house coming back to the window and looking in the sky yelping,whining,panting really hard so i still have no clue what was wrong with him

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

There was also nothing for my dog to be barking at. No birds, nor any other animals, including people. My dog is also not a habitual barker.

I had surmised that my dog was barking at something in the trees, but it very well could have been something in the sky as well. I neither heard, saw nor could smell anything "unusual".
edit on 2-1-2014 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I'm glad you know and you have documented it here in the event something happens in the next few days.

It could be the high pitched noise we are told few humans are able to hear. What people are hearing around the world over the past few years (humming) is "usually" only heard by animals. It might have been driving him crazy (in another thread a poster describes how after a day of hearing this they felt a little bonkers - wish I could find that as it was a good first hand account of what this is like). Poor buddy - I'm glad he has found relief from whatever was bugging him.

To the poster who took out the gun when the dog honed in on a spot in the yard - your post made me laugh (in a good way). Your story is going along and I'm thinking I'm going to hear "so I go in and eat my lunch" but instead you go in to get your rifle with scope. Just wanted to share it was a good story.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

saw another thread about dog's acting strange in 1 day. earthquake coming???

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join