It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Yes, I too have seen the milky way very clearly. Only it was at around 12,170 feet up in elevation, on a granite covered peak called Kuna Crest North, which is above the timberline up in Yosemite National Parks Tuolumne High Country. It's an unbelievable place.

The naked eye serves one better than a telescope when viewing something so vast. You get to see it all in one shot. Absolutely amazing, I will never forget it. Also, The Calling all Astrophotographers thread here on ATS in Space Exploration shows how nice it looks when at higher elevations. ~$heopleNation

Kuna Crest North

edit on 17-1-2014 by SheopleNation because: Inserted Link

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

I do the same in bed every night. I try to focus on the Universe and other worlds. Me too, I have attempted to say hello as well. It's strange, but sometimes I feel like something out there is listening, or feels me. Maybe it's just me, but I like to believe different. I without a doubt feel something when I focus on the vastness of our Solar system, Galaxy, and most of all Universe.

It's nice to know that I am not the only one thinking that way though.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Thanks for the ATS link friend I really enjoyed it

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

HA! You just never know. Have you watched alien movies? Ever wonder how each and every one fight like we do here on Earth? Sure some might be that way, one would think traveling throughout space would have gotten past the ideas of war. Created to be something that we have really no idea whatsoever who they might be!

Of course traveling throughout space would be so cool if say here and there were planets to stop by and say Hello. Everything would go out the Window, new input and new ideas from various people other then ourselves. Actually could be the next level to Human Understanding and not some far feched ideas of doom.

Here on Earth, doom at every corner just waiting to go bang! Humans haven't learned the lesions yet needed to go where no man has gone before since its more about money and power! If say there is some higher race out there, would you want to have some power hungry people coming to your planet?

Maybe Earth is on lockdown, so they allow a probe here and there in order for man to learn yet keeping the humans at bay till they grow up. I ponder sometimes just how small we are led to believe things to be. Making sure we stay trapped in some sort of box so we tend to be slaves instead of learning to think for ourselves no matter how crazy it might be.

Now try to expand another way of thinking in terms of questioning. If you haven't knoticed while laying there, do you get some strange questions out of thin air? Something that Pops in your mind for no reason?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join