It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Davenport, IA UFO Sightings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Okay, so scrolling through my newsfeed on facebook, I noticed a couple of people posting pictures of the same thing. I didn't pay any attention to it. Until I started seeing more and more people posting these pictures? Notice the little floating yellow dots. What are those colorful beams? What do you guys think? UFO's? Or something a little more explainable?

Photo One

Photo Two

Photo Three

Photo Four

Photo Five
edit on 31-12-2013 by ItzShadyT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ItzShadyT

I had a thread on this exact same phenomenon a long time ago. It was brought to my attention that these are light pillars caused by ice crystals in the atmosphere reflecting light. Google light pillars and you'll see many more pictures related to this atmospheric phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well that picture looks cool but how come all of the linked pictures were taken with a potato??

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ItzShadyT

As WeRpeons said, the beams of light look like an atmospheric phenomenon known as "light pillars" caused by a light source reflecting on ice crystals in the air. Single light pillars are often see associated with the Sun or Moon, but artificial lights can produce multiple light pillars.

Atmospheric Optics: Light Pillars

As for the dots of light in the sky, it's hard to tell from the images, but maybe they were the bright approach lights from planes. Maybe it's Venus (which is extremely bright at the moment) in the last two images.

edit on 12/31/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I guess it really was that simple.
Thanks for the info guys. Stars to all of you.

Mods do what you have to do to this thread.
edit on 2-1-2014 by ItzShadyT because: (no reason given)

top topics

join