It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighted over Naperville, IL on Christmas Eve...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Finally, something from my neck of the woods... Well, I just went to read the local Naperville Sun newspaper online a few minutes ago and saw this story on the front page... On Christmas Eve I was in Naperville, but didn't see or hear anything about this... Well, here is the UFO video, I'm not claiming aliens or anything, just unidentified... Can anyone guess what this is?

I can't figure it out, bird, plane, Santa?? Don't have the best video watching equipment, just my trusty old notebook I use...

A triangular object was sighted flying over Naperville on Dec. 24, according to Latest UFO Sightings.

Naperville Sun Newspaper
edit on 30-12-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
That's a cracker.

Is it my imagination or is it slowing towards the end?

Defo need to look in to this one

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Cool video, I dig it. I don't know what it is.. This comes to mind with possible cloaking. Although, not to be released till 2030, we only know what they want us to.

SR-72

The SR-72, the SR-72 will be as large as its predecessor with a length of over a hundred feet (30 m) and will use a conventional jet turbine engine to bring it up to supersonic speed before its hypersonic ramjet kicks in. Manned or unmanned optional. When the ramjet is activated, Lockheed says that the SR-72 will hit sustained speeds of up to Mach 6, which is twice what the Cold War SR-71 could manage, and it will have the same range of 2,900 nautical miles (5,400 km) while flying on the edge of space. or The X-47B drone.... but looks more like the 72.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I was outside in PA after midnight (so Dec 25) and saw a bright light coming from the east and it appeared another joined it and they got pretty bright. Then dimmed, and then came back on half as bright as the first time. I was on the phone with my friend and he couldn't see because of the mountains in the region, it looked pretty far off from me, and not real high up. Maybe it had something to do with this? We joked around it was Santa haha. My dad also said he found a video of a meteor around that time as well, or what looked like to be a meteor.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

CaptainBeno
That's a cracker.

Is it my imagination or is it slowing towards the end?

Defo need to look in to this one

I had to watch the clip multiple times... really hard to make it out in the clip. I'm sure it will be explained, but I was shocked to see my local newspaper run this story, but who knows, maybe the camera guy caught something here... Definitely need better eyes on this clip, people who have stronger knowledge/understanding with UFO's and man-made crafts...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

jhn7537
Finally, something from my neck of the woods... Well, I just went to read the local Naperville Sun newspaper online a few minutes ago and saw this story on the front page... On Christmas Eve I was in Naperville, but didn't see or hear anything about this... Well, here is the UFO video, I'm not claiming aliens or anything, just unidentified... Can anyone guess what this is?

I can't figure it out, bird, plane, Santa?? Don't have the best video watching equipment, just my trusty old notebook I use...

A triangular object was sighted flying over Naperville on Dec. 24, according to Latest UFO Sightings.

Naperville Sun Newspaper

It looks more V shaped than triangle to my eye.

Could it perhaps be this?

edit on 31-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Hey Jade, well I guess anything is possible, would it be strange for that craft to be flying outside of the Chicagoland area on Christmas Eve? I just don't know enough about what you posted or if that's been seen around the Chicago skies before... Thanks for the reply..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I don't see anything!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm thinking bird formation.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

MrCasas
I don't see anything!

Hello, the object is in the center of the clip (triangle shape)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Looks like it was videoed in IR. My guess is that it's birds flying in a V formation.

I'm from the area. There have been plenty of actual flying triangle sightings here - friends and family have seen them, in fact, and they don't require night vision to spot.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well if the video is that live, then its orange orbs.

Aliens or military. Whateva.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Went to Naperville's Rib Fest last summer.

No U.F.O. but they did have Slash playing with the lead singer of Altar Bridge. Great show.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Specimen
Well if the video is that live, then its orange orbs.

Aliens or military. Whateva.

Yea, I live in Naperville now and lived in Tinley Park back during the days of the giant triangles that were seen there. So whenever UFO triangles are recorded or discussed I usually always give it time of day
edit on 2-1-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Looks like bird(s) to me also. It's not a solid object because it's not blocking out the stars. It would also explain the difference in speed at times.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
II think most of these similar objects are military aircraft, possibly dirigibles. If you're moving a large payload and don't want the public to even suspect that something is going on, avoid the roadways and move it by air in the cover of darkness.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Looks like some kind of camera artifact to me. Also note the music and watermark - the site in question looks like one of the typical fake UFO outlets that are running a very specific kind of 'clickbait'. You end up with faked videos, with musical cues (for an emotional response in the viewer or something I think) coupled with SEO targeting ("*MUST SEE!!!*").

new topics

top topics

join