It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Detain a Man for "Suspicion of Smoking Tobacco"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I would of been shocked at first, quickly changing to anger, So I can relate to him. Also, he was recording with his iphone, possibly, playing to the cam a bit.

Also, cannabis is legal to buy and consume in some states. (not sure the state of this incident though) Although, not legal to blaze up outside. I don't think that's why she initially approached him though, unless, I'm mistaken.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

After skimming the wiki article, it's a little bit like ours. Mostly government, private for extra benefits.

Canada is big on preventative measures, they remind us of healthy lifestyles a lot.

I'm surprised cigs aren't more expensive here. Although you have a higher minimum wage too (ours is $9 - $11 depending on province)

Maybe the US is working up to proper healthcare, making more areas non smoking.
To detain someone is overboard though. Should just be a fine to pay...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

The last minute or so of that video was priceless. Perfect summary of 'merca today. Everyone knows exactly how justice could have been measured out properly in that incident.

OP: Good post. S&F

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

snowspirit
reply to post by ldyserenity

smoking that only kills the smoker

I'm guessing Australia has government paid healthcare, like Canada.
If something's addictive, and unhealthy for the user of the substance, it costs the government too much money.
So they boost the taxes on the item through the roof

Alcohol induced death isnt a long term health cost, so they don't want it to go away - it just is likely good tax revenue

With the US, at the moment, poor health still makes corporate insurance companies $$$$$$$

If the US ever gets government paid doctors, bypassing insurance companies, you'll be taxed to death on cigs, junk food, alcohol, etc
edit on 30-12-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

I disagree with you here. There's been a lot of evidence to refute such claims they're posted in other ats threads and I don't feel like going over that ground. Cirrhosis of the liver is a big issue and does cost more than lung cancer and is more a sucking hole in medical care, also dead innocent people seem more important to me than financial issues, which I refute anyway.The current economic burden of cirrhosis

ETA: I'm not refuting the costs or the prevalence of lung cancer, I'm simply refuting the cause that they say is the number one cause and that's what I was meaning has been covered at ATS in other threads here.
edit on 2013/12/30 by ldyserenity because: ADD

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

C21H30O2I
Officer Race, Badge ID 6856 made a valiant effort to maintain public safety and order,put her own life on the line and approached this dude, heroically, on suspicion this dude was smoking a cigarette, outside. Luckily these mental midgets get tax payer cash to protect the rest of society from this dangerous animal.

This is so stupid. Whats this, a practice run ,for her on how to deal with suspects standing around? The cops are so frivolous with things now days. At least, they didn't tazer or shoot him. I guess their practicing profiling what type of profiling? I don't effin know....Smoking. This is getting the smokers acclimated to being handled by assault officers.....

And mean while across town. People are being robbed. 3 blocks away a drunk driver kills someone, and 3 rapes happen all while she is busy with someone with a smoke. (Just saying for instance) Like WTF?? Can't they spend ti helping others with a real crime going on??? Next time I hope someone robs the doughnut shop, that will teach them to mess with smokers.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I had forgotten about liver problems. Liver cancer as well.
Now that you've mentioned it, I remember our news commenting about liver diseases (various) becoming one of the top three reasons for death.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

snowspirit

I had forgotten about liver problems. Liver cancer as well.
Now that you've mentioned it, I remember our news commenting about liver diseases (various) becoming one of the top three reasons for death.

Yes alcohol is one of the causes the other two are actual disease Hep and HIV being the other two causes.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

C21H30O2I
reply to post by Bone75

I would of been shocked at first, quickly changing to anger, So I can relate to him. Also, he was recording with his iphone, possibly, playing to the cam a bit.

Also, cannabis is legal to buy and consume in some states. (not sure the state of this incident though) Although, not legal to blaze up outside. I don't think that's why she initially approached him though, unless, I'm mistaken.

You can relate to him because you weren't born with enough middle fingers.

He was approached because she saw him smoking. When she asked him if he was smoking he told her not to talk to him because he doesn't talk to cops. That's not the response of someone who's shocked, that's the response of a punk that's looking for a fight.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Better that what I would have said. I would have said "YEAH WTF is it to you?" But say it out not the abbreviation but outright. If there was no smoking on the premises I'd ask WTH not? It's outside and away from the doors so WTH is the issue? I'm a good one for tricking the people with logic.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

dainoyfb
This is why I view all cops a culpable. Three other officers standing around letting her carry on. They all know it goes on but don't do anything about it. Accessory to a crime.

Yes, but at least for now, the whole world can see what asses they were. Maybe she'll get a reprimand for her stupidity.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

AuntC
And mean while across town. People are being robbed. 3 blocks away a drunk driver kills someone, and 3 rapes happen all while she is busy with someone with a smoke. (Just saying for instance) Like WTF?? Can't they spend ti helping others with a real crime going on??? Next time I hope someone robs the doughnut shop, that will teach them to mess with smokers.

The funny thing is... he and his punk ass friends probably had a hell of a laugh watching the video on their way to rob the doughnut shop.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Bone75

AuntC

The funny thing is... he and his punk ass friends probably had a hell of a laugh watching the video on their way to rob the doughnut shop.

Have you been to America nobody would rob a donut shoppe because that is usually packed with cops lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

LOL its a little verse in a song. Yeah, I see your point. Alot of people dont talk to cops. Alot of people dont want to talk to em' but do, because lack of nerve to stand up and conditioning to be submissive to them. If their nice and reasonable to me, ok. If not I act accordingly. I have had many dealings with the law. Some good, most bad. I'm in MIAMI and their idiots here. Profiling to the extreme. Punks or not, they hate equally they don't discriminate.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Detained for smoking....didn't even cuff the guy and he still was a prick.

I had a negative run in with the police recently. A friend of mine is a bartender and DJ at local bar, after DJing all night I helped him break down after hours at the bar. At some point the bar's alarm was accidentally set off, I was outside at the time and decided to stick around and tell the cops what happened, bad idea. It took them about 25 minutes to show up and immediately they decide I am a burglary suspect and cuff me. They find my friend who works at the bar inside passed and cuff him too(he was DJing, hence a lot a free drinks and why I stayed behind to help him break down). He has the code to deactivate the alarm, but they will not let him deactivate it. They call the owner of the bar's daughter to come and deactivate it instead. It took her over an hour to get there meanwhile we had to sit there in cuffs.

I tried to reason with the cops, I said " If were trying to rob the place do you think I would stick around for 20+ minutes for you guys to show up?" No luck. After the owner's daughter shows up they walk through and make sure nothing is missing(she does not run the business and wouldn't have known if anything was out of the ordinary). When all that was done the police try to coerce her into pressing charges against us. She refused to press charges against an employee and patron.

At this point I'm tired of being nice and started telling the cops how bad of a job they are doing while still cuffed. They told me if they see me again they will arrest me. So around 630am the next day, guess who they arrested?

I spent the rest of the day in jail on drunk and disorderly charges, I was refused a drug and alcohol test when I requested one while in custody. I got bailed out the next morning and now have to see a judge next week where I will plea not guilty and request a trial by jury. No lawyer needed for that!

It gets better, two days later I catch some thieves stealing fuel tanks out of a boat on a dock I use. I was able to get one tank back and the tag# and vehicle description. I call the police and one cop shows up and doesn't even run the tag, because "its probably a stolen tag" and doesn't seem to care. I feel like they do not care about catching thieves and criminals but will try to coerce someone into pressing charges over nothing when they already have someone in cuffs, and then make up a reason to arrest someone after the fact.

edit on 30-12-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Well they took his id, he repeatedly asked them to charge him with something or let him go. If he would of just walked away they woulda used force and charged him with obstruction

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

C21H30O2I
reply to post by Bone75

LOL its a little verse in a song. Yeah, I see your point. Alot of people dont talk to cops. Alot of people dont want to talk to em' but do, because lack of nerve to stand up and conditioning to be submissive to them. If their nice and reasonable to me, ok. If not I act accordingly. I have had many dealings with the law. Some good, most bad. I'm in MIAMI and their idiots here. Profiling to the extreme. Punks or not, they hate equally they don't discriminate.

Oh its not just Miami, its getting bad everywhere. I just don't think this video is a good example of the misconduct we should all be pissed about. I actually clicked on this thread because I'm a smoker and I can relate to the stupidity of the outdoor smoking laws, but when I watched the video I realized that this is just another opportunistic youtuber jumping on the cop bashing bandwagon.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

jrod, crazy deal there man. Sorry to hear you're going in front of a judge, Hope things work out...I feel ya! Sometimes, when they have you in cuffs even when just detaining, for "their protection" They don't really wanna let you go. Thanks for participating.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I got ya! I didn't post to bash the cops.....Well maybe. But it's just bothersom, to me. That it even happened. And the police (the ones in control) let it go this far, pety. I think, I'm sure of it. Cop's have a MOP (Method Of Procedure) They follow through with certain engaging activities, to practice and be thorough.

Most are just .... Lets just say Aggressive,Psychopaths, with a gang mentality.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Don't expect to be able to get over the border anymore now that you've been arrested.

The only thing that is ever going to stop this BS is if people start enforcing their rights instead of just saying "I didn't want any trouble" and go back to drinking their kool aid. If it hasn't happened yet then it just wont. So enjoy the police state.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Thanks, for jumping in Snarl, I appreciate your input.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join