It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XK-2 south korean future main battle tank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The XK-2 main battle tank is a next generation main battle tank to replace the older K-1 and American M47/M48 tanks. It is fitted with a German MTU 1500 HP Europowerpack for the engine, and a new 120mm cannon with an autoloader. New armor and sensor are intended to be comparable to M1A2 and LeClerc. The Korean Future Main Battle tank is under development as a indigenious tank to meet 21C digital battlefield on the basis of developmental experiences of K1 and K1A1 tank. Important considerations in the tank are battle manegement system, automatic tracking system, automatic ammunition loading system, active defense system, navagation system, semi-active suspension unit, NBC overpressure system etc. The tank will be the main battle tank of the highest technical level all ove the world.

globalsecurity..org

Pretty cool tank I have some specs but just to tell you there from a unqualified source

Crew 3
combat weight 60 tons
length 7.8 ft beam 3.6 ft height 2.5 M
main gun 120 MM cannon
ammo 40 RDs
max speed 70 Kilometers
engine 1800 HP
armor SAP/ERA
release date year 2007

Pretty good armor and 120MM gun who knows maybe buy the time the tank comes out their consider an electro-magnetic version of the cannon.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by blue cell]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You gotta stop just going to global security and starting threads............

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Dude I don't just go to globalsecurity any post anything that is not posted if I find something that's intresting and I can comment about It I post it.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by blue cell]

new topics

join