It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. whistleblower has email hacked, deleted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I can not understand why people use web mail .
They are leaving private communications out in the either for any hacker / script kiddie to see.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

NullVoid

luxordelphi
reply to post by Swills

It's a strange case. What's called a "sophisticated" hack preceded by sawing a hole in the wall in order to make off with computers.

It doesn't seem to accomplish anything. Bizarre. Enjoyed the story.

Its because they dont know the password is why they use this "sophisticated" attack. If they knew the password, it wont make it to the news.

Imagine, disabling the camera, lockpicking the door, then sawed through the wall, then identify the computer, hauled it to van/truck, drive back to basecamp, disassemble the computer to get the hard disk, slave the hard disk and look for the data, crack the password, login to gmail

...and delete that guy spam messages...why nobody want to do that to me ?

Yeah but...if it's the government (implied), they already have the information since the guy worked for the government. If it's the Belgians, they already have the information because of sharing of information in ongoing spying. If it's the Republicans, they already have the info too for the same reasons because at least some of them still work in the department.

The story made it to the news because of the hole sawed in the wall and the theft - police report made by the lawyer - and someone who filters police reports picked it up to report on.

Government/lawyer stuff is backed up all over - nothing can really be lost like this. That's what I find bizarre.

<< 1   >>

join