It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dansko Shoes: The Ultimate Professional Shoe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Howdy ATS! I haven't made a new thread in a while, so bear with me!

I love my Dansko shoes! As a male, I call mine "Mansko's".

There are very few products I've bought that not only meet, but exceed my expectations. I've had my oldest pair of Dansko's for 5 years, and with a little leather conditioning and love -- they'd look like new.

People claim they are "ugly", and I tend to agree. Dansko's are ugly, but I love mine. I love my ugly shoes because they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I slip them on day after day and never even think about them:

I always wondered why after a week I defaulted to these shoes. They didn't quite feel good the first week I wore them. In fact, for the first week I thought my new Dansko's were the worst shoes ever!

After the 6th day of wearing them and being on my feet all day -- something magical happened. "Let me get my shoes" all of a sudden defaulted to my Danskos. Why?

These shoes are great! The "clog" look isn't very popular, but they do make a sweet looking woman's clog:

There's a really good site that gives reasons why Dansko's are awesome. Here's a few experts:

The Professional clog features a patented polyurethane outsole that provides shock absorption comparable to athletic footwear, which significantly reduces stress on the joints. Meanwhile the ergonomically contoured insole supplies firm foot and arch support to align your feet properly, keeping them comfortable, secure, and happy all day long.

I can definitely attest to the comfort. I've been told that Alaska Airlines reimburses their flight attendants for new Dansko shoes. I've personally met teachers and nurses that wear the "non-slip" soles daily.

Another reason:

Customers quote the lifespans of their Danskos as anywhere from 2 to 10 years (depending on frequency of wear, occupation, and environment in which they are worn)

I can attest to that myself. These shoes wear like cast iron.

"...one customer said that before she tried Dansko’s she had gone through more than 4 pairs of work shoes in 2 years while her co-workers were still wearing their same Dansko’s...

Crocks are popular among nurses and teachers -- but they don't last. How many pairs of crocks have you been through in the past few years?

I'm a firm believer in products that are of quality and last, products that "do as advertised". Dansko has, in my opinion, made a quality product that is worthy of it's price.

*Disclaimer*
No, I do not have any agenda other than that of the love for my shoes. Once you wear/try them you'll understand.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Interesting post!

I've never tried them but always thought the soles looked inflexible and clunky, like your foot wouldn't be able to flex in them.

If I ever get the chance, I'll try them, though.

PS: I'm sure this has been asked before, but how is it even possible to get so many stars? Was there a sale on 'em or sumtin?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I can definitely appreciate another shoe enthusiast

They aren't my style but if they are comfy then that is all that matters. My mom loves those Crocs and swears by them for comfort but personally I think they are the ugliest things i've ever seen.

I'm a shoe fanatic and my username pays homage to my favorite designer of women's designer heels.
Manolo Blahnik.

I have a pair of Clarks that are kind of similar to the ones you posted that are sooooo comfy. They aren't the greatest looking shoe but my feet can't handle heels like they use to so I've had to embrace flats and other forms of shoes for comfort due to a bad back and sciatic problems that just aren't fun while wearing heels. I use to be able to wear them all day but now I can't even enjoy them for an hour.
but I can still admire them!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Many of the nurses where I work wear these. In fact, I would guesstimate more than half the staff wears some form of these shoes. We have a lot of sponsored discounts, so I am wondering if this might not be one.

Your thread is great timing, since I am needing some new work shoes. The clogs are all the rage, too. I may just have to buy some and report back on how I like them!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I wasn't nuts about these shoes at first glance either, but they really have proven themselves over the past 5 or so years. I have a black and brown pair, and for me -- they're my "daily" shoes. I'm on my feet a lot, and once you break Dansko's in -- they become the "go to" shoe.

As to the stars, I haven't a clue. The ATS staff is aware of a "glitch", and it happened to not only myself.

I know for a lot of people spending the $130 is steep -- but how many pairs of $20-30 Crocks do you go through in 5 years?

If you invest the money on something "quality" you'll end up saving money in the long run.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I might be a guy, but my better half knows her "shoes". Dansko has a heeled line:

"It'd be better in solid black" is what I was told.

new topics

top topics

join