It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate father and mother, wife and children. Luke 14:26.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Luke 14:26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

As far as I remember.

I ended up hating my family my life and wife and children. Here's the most of it.

My youngest brother was totally in love with me. Like an younger brother to an older brother with a 10 year age difference. But as I saw it he was only in love with my age. He saw in me what he wanted to be but at his age. He was in love with the glory of my age but not listening to the teachings of how to produce even more glory fruit, because I was able to pass him knowledge of what it was going to be like and what to do so he would have previous experience and be able to ramp it up even more and be stronger and brighter because of what I would pass on to him. Glory life whatever you want to call it. The glow people have as individuals. The thing you fall in love with.

He wasn't listening to my teachings about the glory he only loved the glory and not the teachings to produce more glory when later in life he would encounter exactly the same growth and knowledge and go through the same phase.

Basically I had to discipline him. The only option that he left me to discipline him was to hate him. Not like a yelling angry abusive hate but a gentle your doing it wrong and this hate is the only cure I have for you that will save you. It was pure discipline. The hate. As far as I saw it was the only option I had left to help him.

My mum was easy to hate. She was always in my face going through my things nagging abusing her power as a mum. I talk to her everyday now on the phone for about 2 years now. There are still things I hate but she's my mum we struggle with conversation sometimes but were more practised now.

Dad was also easy. He had the worst temper and would get angry at anything. I never really had much of a relationship with my Dad and neither did the middle brother who comments much the same as me as never having a relationship with dad mostly cause he was angry and yelling and we didn't want to go near him. He kinda hated us I think in some ways to which drove us away. My dad did work real hard to provide for us though.

I come from a family of 5 me and 2 brothers mum and dad. Mum and Dad are divorced now. The youngest brother probably is closest to dad as dad was less angry later in life. We got hit a fair bit.

So that's mum dad and youngest brother. My middle brother I hated cause he never forgave. He would hold onto a thing for ages and it drove a wedge between us I think. That's just my view. Mum also drove us apart at one point as far as I can remember. She set me and my middle brother up to fight and I think it would of been a turning point in the relationship between me and my brother if she hadn't unless she had some wisdom to drive us apart or something that I couldn't see. Another reason to hate mum. Me and my middle brother don't see each other very much now.

I've never been married and don't have any kids but I theorised and I hated my Wife and Kids because they never obey what you say. They always think they know better and go off on there own word. Not that I have this skill anymore but my word is are were to gain life, profit and freedom. You may have to submit for a second but it will produce freedom real freedom. I just saw my wife and kids as never obeying my word and therefore never reaching freedom. So I hated them in theory. I think I saw that I could also fail in the word that I had given them if they failed a certain way.

My own life was also easy to hate. What a drudge. I would never be able to afford my own house even with a reasonable job. I was never going to be rich and would have to work like a slave to provide for my self and never get ahead. I had a [SNIPPED] tobacco addiction which was sucking all my money and taking a toll on my health and then I had just 3 weeks holiday a year to look forward to. I saw work till death with no ending revelation no light just drudge no joy.

I think that's everyone myself brothers mum dad wife kids.

Jesus i'm your man. Can I be your disciple? Do I qualify?

Hehe

Leeda

edit on Fri Dec 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: DRUG USE, snipped Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Does what you wrote even remotely resemble Jesus' Word? Here is a link to further explanation and depth that will clear up what was meant and why your impression is wrong and self harmful.

pastormark.tv...

Hate just isn't in his teachings even if God dealt some pretty severe doings.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That's a good story, but I can't believe it, the way it's told.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
G3404
μισέω
miseō
mis-eh'-o
From a primary word μῖσος misos (hatred); to detest (especially to persecute); by extension to love less:

If you were bother to look at Jesus teachings rather than just pick a few lines that you can make fun of you would realize, like every other Bible scholar has, that Jesus was using the word miseo in the sense that is highlighted above. Rather a puerile attempt in my opinion.

You really need help, you hated your brother because he wouldn't listen to you wisdom in how to gain such a glorious life yet by your own admission your life is boring and drudgery.

leeda
Dad was also easy. He had the worst temper and would get angry at anything. I never really had much of a relationship with my Dad and neither did the middle brother who comments much the same as me as never having a relationship with dad mostly cause he was angry and yelling and we didn't want to go near him. He kinda hated us I think in some ways to which drove us away. My dad did work real hard to provide for us though.

This sort of thing is so typical of those who hate Jesus and Christianity, they have had a hard life, they think that God should have saved them from such a hard life, like: "if you were God and you could just wave your magic wand and make everything ok, then wouldn't you? Well God didn't do anything for me so I hate Him, He isn't that good, loving creator that you speak of and I hate you for even saying He is, and WHAT?! you want me to worship Him!?!" What you are hating is your own expectation of what/who God is, not the reality. Like a child who chucks a tantrum and screams "I hate you" to his mum when he doesn't get his way, these people chuck a tantrum, put their hands over their ears and scream "God doesn't exist, your stupid for believing in God, God is stupid". Just because God didn't turn out like you wanted it doesn't mean he doesn't exist or he is a mean, malevolent dictator. I and millions of other can attest that God is good and he can heal anyone of anything they have ever been through. I can even explain why you went through what you did, if you would just listen long enough.
edit on 26/12/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Basic summary is that hate is discipline. You can choose to say to love less but an open rebuke is better than hidden love. Proverbs 7:25

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

You need help.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

You are really confused on the meaning of the words "disciple" and "discipline".

P.S. Your father did not hate you if he provided for you so well.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think your brother and father were alot like others, family members. Little brother can be annoying. and fathers tend to be stressed, from working and providing. He gets lost in bills and work it's normal. As you said he changed when he got older.

Little brothers seemed to be programmed to annoy. It's just people, life and the stress of life,that clouds whats really important at times. I am sure he, (father) and brother love you very much.

You seem to be like your father now. Struggling to make it, in an increasingly mad and dangerous world. It's all good. Part of life, don't let it break your spirit as (if he existed) jesus would. You don't want to be his man. If the godman did stroll the planet, you'd need to run. Although I did sense sarcasm, in your statement pertaining the holy roller.

The Jesus Christ of the gospels is a patently artificial construct. This Prince of Peace also preaches discord and strife:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." – Matthew 10.34.

Having told his fans to love their enemies, alarmingly, Jesus also tells them to turn families into enemies!

"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." – Matthew 10.35,36.

" If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." – Luke 14.26.

How far does Jesus go with this malevolent (and plainly ridiculous) dictum? Matthew provides the answer:

"And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." – Matthew 10.21.

Having alienated his followers from their families with this murderous nonsense Jesus advises his adoring groupies on how to deal with their own body parts that lead them into sin – amputation! They are to mutilate themselves by cutting off hands and plucking out eyes. He says it's better to be "maimed" than to suffer the "everlasting fire" of hell.

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched ... And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell ... And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." – Mark 9.43,47.

According to the malefic sage, merely looking at a woman "with lust" was a sin. 3rd century Origen was one young and impressionable Christian fanatic who took the words of his Lord a tad literally and castrated himself. He was neither the first nor the last Jesus-follower to glory in self-abasement and abuse. In the hair-shirted centuries that lay ahead tens of thousands of the brethren would mortify their own flesh in accordance with the pathetic dictates of the godman.

In times of acute social hardship and plague, despairing believers, taking upon themselves guilt for general misfortune and personal tragedy, submitted voluntarily to half-naked frenzies of public lamentations and floggings. Indeed, punishing the body for the good of the soul remains a main tenet of the Christian psychosis.

Jesus Christ is the chief honcho of a physically dangerous, family-threatening, mind-warping cult! Still want to be a party to this or live next door to the superstar?

edit on 27-12-2013 by C21H30O2I because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

C21H30O2I
The Jesus Christ of the gospels is a patently artificial construct. This Prince of Peace also preaches discord and strife:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." – Matthew 10.34.

Having told his fans to love their enemies, alarmingly, Jesus also tells them to turn families into enemies!

"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." – Matthew 10.35,36.

" If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." – Luke 14.26.

How far does Jesus go with this malevolent (and plainly ridiculous) dictum? Matthew provides the answer:

"And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." – Matthew 10.21.

Jesus was saying that He hadn't come to wave a magic wand and everyone would be good to each other. There is a choice to be made, you cannot sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus. This is going to produce some level of discord and friction between the two sides. You cant become a Christian and expect that everything will be fine and no more troubles in your life (most troubles come from other people btw) - that is a heresy commonly preached today amongst many televangelists. He was warning us what to expect.

Luk 14:26 "Those who come to me cannot be my disciples unless they love me more than they love father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and themselves as well.
Luk 14:27 Those who do not carry their own cross and come after me cannot be my disciples.
Luk 14:28 If one of you is planning to build a tower, you sit down first and figure out what it will cost, to see if you have enough money to finish the job.

edit on 27/12/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

With multiple authors behind the original gospel story it is no surprise that the figure of "Jesus" is a mess of contradictions. Yet the story is so thinly drawn that being a "good Christian" might mean almost anything.

I am atheist BTW.

Religion is like a classroom where the students have to show up everyday but there is no teacher. There are a bunch of books around and no one is sure which one is the text book. Some students insist on one book; others argue just as hard for another.

Then suddenly, on the last day, the teacher appears and says hes been watching everybody the whole time. He praises the ones who chose the right text book and sends them off for cookies and milk.

And then he sets everyone else on fire.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

I don't know about the other religions, but in Christianity, Jesus does not set people alight (assuming that is actually what the Bible says) based on what they believed or what they did, it is based on whether they know Him or not.

Matthew 7:22,23 When the Judgment Day comes, many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord! In your name we spoke God's message, by your name we drove out many demons and performed many miracles!' Then I will say to them, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you wicked people!'

Acts 17:27 - 31 God has done all this, so that we will look for him and reach out and find him. He isn't far from any of us, ..... In the past, God forgave all this because people did not know what they were doing. But now he says that everyone everywhere must turn to him. He has set a day when he will judge the world's people with fairness. And he has chosen the man Jesus to do the judging for him. God has given proof of this to all of us by raising Jesus from death.
edit on 28/12/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AprilFooseball

You need help.

I hate idiot one liners like this because they offer nothing of value. You may as well be saying you need to learn sky diving.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Hate will only eat you up. I think you need to work on hating less and loving more.

I believe "hate" can be a curse on the person who is doing the hating. You attract what you feel and how you respond to areas in your life.

I would caution you with this attitude.

new topics

top topics

join