It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can Ionize the air just in front of a fast moving aircraft, Rocket, Car would it reduce the d

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
I agree, I don't see anything useful for propulsion. Supposedly the radioisotope stuff was on early F-117A's or maybe just the test aircraft but no longer. Now dielectric barrier discharge is being published.

I have no idea, what they are using now. But if you have a jet engine, then creating a HV is extremely easy.
But I would also think that if they use it, they would rather use a pure electric solution, as then you can always adjust it for optimal flight performance.

As I was again tinkering in the Hill thread (www.abovetopsecret.com...)

My only possible idea would really be, what I already said, namely that you create a kind of "plasma window" to get an underpressure above the craft. As I tinkered in the Hill thread, it would explain the color changes seen on such crafts.

It may be quite astonishing, but you would already be able to hover the small example craft I mentioned in the Hill thread (saucer, with weight density of submarine, 0.3m dia, 0.1m height) with only a pressure decrease above the craft of 1/100 !!!
So just by decreasing the air pressure of such an example craft above it by 1%, would already allow the "model" craft to hover in the air.
And if you would decrease the air pressure above it by 50% to half the air pressure, it would accelerate upwards with about 50g.

I calculated this size of craft, as it seems to me about the size I would expect from crzayfool's description of what he once saw in a video.
edit on 8-7-2014 by hulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
bumping for interest. don't want to lose bookmarks again.

<< 1  2   >>

join