It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Guilt?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
My first gun was a .375 magnum Smith & Wesson revolver I got for my birthday at 13. My second and third gun was a Russian SKS and then a singleshot 30-30 breakdown pistol. My father loved guns, and I always have too, but not really sure why. Those guns I had are long since stolen...

Now, here I am over a decade later, and I have had the opportunity to buy guns again. But now as I am older and to a certain extent, wiser, I feel guilt for having a gun nowadays. I know the evils people commit with them, but I also realize that if people weren't killing eachother with guns, it would just be something else. But I can't help but feel guilty none-the-less.

So tell me, do you have guilt in owning a gun? Do you feel torn on the whole gun "issue?" How do you rationalize it?...

[Edited on 19-11-2004 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
No I do not feel any guilt
I have three shotguns 4 rifles 4 handguns that I can think of right now.
May be more and I feel no guilt

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Gun for your birhday... You wouldnt by any chance be from the south would ya

Nah im pretty sure it sais somewhere you can have guns in the constitution, evan though it seems like theyre over riding that with every little law possible.

Dont feel guilt. Owning a gun is the best thing you can do to fight an oppressive government. The first thing that every dictater has ever done was to take away guns owned by citizens.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Normally I would yell about not using search, but this isn't really anti-gun pro-gun thing, so won't.

Gun Grabbers

Ok, I know, guns bad, guns evil, guns kill, but really, what is the arguement of the "guns have evil mind powers that make people go out and kill people"? I don't get the whole banning guns or gun control, for only people who obey the law follow them, but the whole point of being a criminal is because you are breaking the law, if you weren't, you wouldn't be a criminal. So, the gun grabbers need to learn some things.

A good parody of the gun grabbers mentality is brought out in the famous political cartoon written by Bill Mauldin in a 1981 Sun-Times where cavemen are fighting with rocks, and the way to stop the fighting? Ban rocks. But does it work? No. Another one by ame man and same year in same paper is a shelf with the word Placebos on it. Under it? Gun Laws. Prostitution Laws. Drug Laws. Gambling Laws. Then there is a pharmicist telling a customer "It doesn't work but it sure sells." In other words, you can have the laws, but like a placebo, they don't work.

A group of pro-Second Amendment people did a campaign where they gavce out signs to people who supported gun control laws. The sign? "This is a Gun Free Home. An invitation to assault, rape, rob and murder."

Now, I am not sure, but instead of controlling guns how about we try and control criminals? I never gave a gun an IQ test but I don't think it is smart enough to pull its trigger. Again, Bill Mauldin in 1982 this time has a political cartoon where two criminals are laughing at the gun grabbers as they lynch a gun instead of the criminals. Or newer, with the Brady Bill by Chuck Asay, a woman lays on the floor dead while the phone is knocked done, who is talking on the phone? Gun store. "Mrs. Jones? Your 5 day waiting period is over." In real life you have Phillip Russel Coleman, he was killed 3 days before his permit was approved. He was 42 years old, no criminal record, no drug use, nothing, but 5 day waiting period anyways. Well, never mind, he dead.

Another political cartoon, Raymond Sanford, has a gun in jail while the criminals walk free. "I sure am glad he is taking the rap instead of us." WHich according to gun grabbers make sense, guns are bad, guns are evil, guns kill people, not people.

Of course, who are some of these anti-gun people? Well, you have Carl Rowan. Washington Post columist, a strong supporter on everything anti-gun. But one night on June 14 1988 what did he do? He shot a kid who was swimming in his pool, with an unregistered gun. Mr. Guns are evil had an unregistered gun that he shot a kid with. Sure, the kid was swimming in his pool, tresspassing, but still, shot the kid, Mr. Guns are evil shot someone, when earlier that week he criticized someone who shot three criminals. Not kids swimming in a pool, but burglars and killers.

Who else is anti-gun/gun grabber? Jennifer O'Neil. She also does anything to ban guns/support gun laws. But what did she do? Shot herself in the stomach with a gun, a gun she owned, unregistered. She was cleaning it and it went off. Why did she own it? Protection. With body guards, fence, attck dogs, and a top of the line security system she needed a gun for protection. Kind of like how Bush needs a gun when he is in the white house.(sarcasm)

Who else is anti-gun? Diane Feinstein. Got a gun law passed in San Fran banning handguns. Oops, she also owns a gun, a hand gun, but this one is registered. Of course, she could have gotten tougher sentences for criminals, which would make sense, but no, banning hand guns costs more and pisses everyone off so lets do that. Of course, people still own guns cause the police don't search all the houses. The DA even said he wouldn't even charge anyone who violated the new ban. Since only 12 of the estimated 3,100 guns were turned in during the "turn in your gun no questions asked" it is probably likely that the people like their guns."

Of course you have Bill Clinton, gun bans, gun laws, so forth. But again, gun LAWS are only followed by people who OBEY THE LAW! The criminals don't obey the laws, and so a gun ban/law is like making murder or robbery a crime, still happens, only criminals do it. BECAUSE THEY ARE CRIMINALS! Gee, go figure. Don't know who did it, but a great political cartoon is a car driving down the road with two criminals. "We'll hit the liquer store on 49th then shoot up the Quik Mart then maybe look for a few hostages, but first lets go register our guns." Not going to happen.....

In 1977 D.C. passed some of the toughest gun control laws. In 1984 the D.C. homicide rate had gone UP by 30%, while the robbery went up by 62%. The District Chief of Police even said. "I don't think Gun Control Laws work." There are over 22,000 gun laws in the country, no evidence they work. This is like running a pass play in football 22,000 times and never completing the pass, then go on tv and say the play works, it is the greatest thing man has invented, and that the play is god. In other words, doesn't make sense. In D.C. less than 1% of the guns taken from criminals are legally registered. So it looks like registering guns doesn't work, does it? Also, why does the media and gun grabbers tell you that all guns are bad and only kill little kids and babies and kittens and puppies when these real life hand gun owners prove other wise?

New York City, Cabbie shoots robber.
Baltimore, woman stops a holdup just by taking pistol out.
Retired electrician who shot to vandals after they stabbed him 25 times.
Chicago, woman stops a knife weilding RAPIST.

Gee, look at those evil guns, those vandals and rapists and theifs and murderers should have been allowed to do what they wanted, evil guns.

Ok, its the police jo to protect you. Guess what? Police can't be everywhere. A good PC(political cartoon) is of a woman saying how she rusts the police, but then is buying two guns for protection.

Also, whenever a gun bill is brought up, what happens? People rush out nd buy the gun before the bill goes into affect. Just the mention of Clintons Crime Bill sent thousands of people out to buy the guns that were to be banned. At Don's Weaponry in Little Rock says..."Honest citizens are buying my guns. Criminals are going to get them off the street. The Brady Bill doesn't afffect them at all. It only hurts the good guys." Another PC is of two robbers outside a house. "I wish they'd pass those gun laws, I almost don't feel safe breaking into houses anymore."

Ok, so what about gun buyback programs? Well, again, honest citizens turn in old guns they probably been trying to get rid of. Also, in some places, the guns are taken and sold back, usually for a profit. Again, a PC, a guy is dead, a criminal walks off with money, the gun is in handcuffs as the cop reads it it's rights....... stupid, but hey, I don't think like a gun grabber. Of course, they still defend the program even though it does nothing but take guns from Honest citizens. Hell, one gun grabber said this. "To me, anything we get off the street is significant. We are preventing someone stealing a gun out of a home during a burglary." Wait, so a criminal can't steal your lawful gun? WTF?!? This doesn't make sense, turn in your gun so a criminal doesn't break into your house and steal it as he takes your tv and your DvD player. Oh yes, perfect sense. Also, the turn ins are always no questions asked, meaning I take a gun, kill 50 people, turn it in for 50 dollars, they melt it down, I never have to worry about the murder weapon being found. Or in Conneticut, they did this, and guess what? The taxpayers had to bail them out when they went in the hole for 280,000 dollars. Yep, my money, your money, to help a state that lost money so they could buy the Honest citizens gun. Now I am not maiing this up I swear on the ATS and PTS and BTS slogan that this is true. In Nebraska, they expanded the gun buy back to TOY GUNS! So little Tommy has a squirt gun, he can sell it! Cause we all know those bad ass criminaols carrying squirt guns are a danger. Great PC, the politically correct western. Guy has a gun, the gun grabber has nothing. WHat does he do? "I find your behavoir reprehensible but I will not fight violence with violence, but rather, attempt to rehabilitate you with compassion and understanding while lobbying that much harder for stricter gun control." Guess what? Dead cowboy. Another PC done again by Chuck Asay has a woman telling her husband to get rid of the dangerous things in the garage, several guns hand on the wall. "The children might be accidently maimed or even killed by them: Statistics show they're the most dangerous things we have in our house! I say lets get rid of them." The next scene is the husband with a sign on the car and on a bike saying for sale. Which makes sense, guns kill more then guns, and so do bikes.

Of course, the media is biased. A Japanese dignitary comes to America and says American Workers are Lazy. Now, if he had said American Gun Owners are Nazis, the Media would have worshipped him. Want the anti-gun/constitution/2nd Amendment media?
ABC, CBS, NBC, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe, NY Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Newsweek, USA Today, Turner Broadcasting, and many more. Of course, NYT Publisher Arthur Sulzberger is a gun owner, one of the few, cause he has money, but he thinks no one else should have one.

Ok, so far been mainly guns, real ones, but go to a toy store, like Charles Memminger, a columist for a newspaper. He went to a toy store to buy his daughter a cowboy(girl, whatever, bite me) and couldn't find one. He could find the ninja outfit with plastic sword, plastic dagger, plastic death star, he could find the bats, batons, and clubs so you could bash peoples heads in, but no cowboy(girl) outfits. He asked where they were, turns out they aren't sold anymore for guns, even toy ones for cowboys(girls) are bad. But the ninja, a paid assassin, isn't bad. Imagin growing up, played cowboy, right? Had little shootouts with cap guns. Nowadays you play ninja. "I sneak into your room while you sleep and slash your throat. Thats it, you just lay there sleeping and I slash your throat. Or wanna play gangsta? Fine, you sleep and I'll come in and bach your head in with a bat. Whatever works for you when you're sleeping."

Dang this took awhile, any-all-some information comes from Politically Correct Guns By Alan Gottlied. On the cover there is a gun with "Please don;t rob or kill me" coming out of the barrel.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Bravo to you, James the Lesser. You have certainly grown to be "greater" in umy eyes. You succinctly expressed my opinion on this subject. Well done. Not only have you made a case for the hypocrisy of the left but you also clearly expressed what many law abiding, responsible gun owners feel and know to be true; guns don't kill people....people kill people. It doesn't matter if you use a baseball bat, a knife, a rock, a spatula or a gun. Some people will always find a way to kill or intimidate others. Banning guns is not the answer.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It is of concern that your guns got stolen... coz someone who steals is also more likely to use a gun against someone...

My understanding from some of my friends who own handguns, is it makes them fell more secure and 'tougher' to own a gun... so maybe you shouldnt feel guilty but possibly look at why you like guns so much...

I dont agree with guns, and dont think people need them... but i will be purchasing some in the near future as i think the world is going down hill soon and if i need to fend for myself, i'll definately need one.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Wait a second this thread was made like 5 months ago and the guy is banned. Whats the point of replying?

[edit on 4/27/2005 by Croat56]

top topics

join