It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A smarty pants scientist makes an easy anaology about our planet - And now I am scared.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It has been obvious to me since I was a child that we had no respect for life and so the inevitable destruction
of our species is at hand! I don't expect this to happen overnight and I expect this has ties to the implantation
of GMOs in the USA! I expect this is to fill in for the global reduction of food stores! It is quite obvious to the
majority of the scientist in the world that our way of life is in the process of destroying our ecosystems and
with that our way of life and it's still business as usual!
Why are we resistant to change? Why do we choose to go on killing ourselves eventually leading us to exist
out of balance to our natural world? We have seen large increases in diseases and disorders and we ignore these
things due to our ignorant servitude to a hidden agenda! Why are we so willfully ignorant to what's good for us?
Do we have any time left to change? Can we bring ourselves into a new era of responsibility and self sacrifice?
I would love to think this could happen but the truth is we have become more and more selfish and in denial
to the destruction we reek! We have a belief that though things might get harder we will always have access to
safe food, clean water, comfortable shelter and medical treatment! The truth is this is not the case and any day
could be our last for any of these things! As for what we would do without any of these conveniences I don't know
but I expect that most of us would panic at the first sign of losing our connectivity to each other!
I don't know when this day will be upon if it's not already here today! We should all prepare ourselves for that
day and I don't mean become a prepper! I don't put much validity into the idea of preparing for the end! I believe
when that day does come that we have already failed our children! I expect living in a shallow hole in the ground
will be little protection from the ills of the world above! IMHO this is just prolonging massive pain, discomfort
and a taking a front seat to watching those we love suffer and die!
To each his own though! Good luck to all that try to live beyond our supposed civilization and may the LORD bless you and keep you, And make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace! Amen ATS. . .

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You don't have to be a fancy pants scientist to understand that humanity is an unsustainable proposition the way it currently exists. We're basically too smart for our own good, and we have a tendency to let the desires of the individual (fueled by such things as the notion the right to individual "freedom") run roughshod over the greater good of the species.

Not only that, in a couple hundred years or less, we'll build machines that are smarter than we are, and be fiddling with our own genetic material to the point where we'll start to not be able to breed with each other.

Humanity is a transitional species between animals and machines. And we'll be gone very soon. Oh, well. It was a good run while it lasted.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

nosacrificenofreedom
It has been obvious to me since I was a child that we had no respect for life and so the inevitable destruction of our species is at hand!

It's not that we don't love life. It's that we love it so much we want everybody to do it. We love babies and want our old people to live as long as possible, and so we worked very hard to fight disease and death, and this is what we get in return.

Good luck to all that try to live beyond our supposed civilization and may the LORD bless you and keep you, And make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace! Amen ATS. . .

Unfortunately, it's just this kind of talk -- with "be fruitful and multiply" thrown in for kicks -- that helped get us in this position in the first place.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

I think you need to take a look outside every once in a while or do you work for the Government and are following their agenda?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by WhiteAlice

The drop in birth rates in the 70's was likely due to Roe v. Wade.

No, that drop began in the mid to late 60's with nearly a 1 pt drop, which was several years before the 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade. In fact, the lowest rate of change in the 4 year intervals is after Roe v. Wade (0.3).

1960-1964--3.4
1965-1969--2.6
1970-1974--2.1--January 1973 Roe v. Wade
1975-1979--1.8

Now, if you're looking for a Supreme Court case to possibly tie in with a decline in TFR, then Griswold v. Connecticut would be the more likely source as it pertained to birth control for married couples in 1965. Basically, it legalized choice and control over the number of children that a married couple could have. In 1972, that was broadened to all women regardless of marital status in Baird v. Einstadt.

Economics has a good correlation with increases and decreases in the number of abortions and is the most common reason cited at the time of abortion: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I’m not saying this to be rude but there is no point in being scared about this other than to further the globalist ultimate goal for you and your family. You see they use fear, anger, sadness all of these negative (low vibrational) emotions to control what you think and by controlling what you think they control what you do.

Unfortunately we do use nuclear energy in this world which is and has been destroying are planet for years, it’s not something to be sad about I would use this news more as motivation to do something about it. For example filling out petitions, signing petitions(petitions.whitehouse.gov...) writing your representatives and stating your display with what’s going on, getting involved with local groups to end the use of nuclear energy. There’s plenty of things you could do to change what going on the problem is most of Americans are to pre occupied with watching television, watching movies, playing video games, and other distractions and there for we in America are losing are rights day by day.

edit on 24-12-2013 by jashn20002000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Birth rates went down with invention of birth control

And will go down furthering male contraception.

And further with eugenics in the neat furure

Whoohool for distopia!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I watched the video...

of course constant growth is an idiotic idea. Duh.

Population wise, developed countries DON'T have population growth. What they have is immigration from overpopulated poor countries. That's been the sole reason for populaiton growth in Europe once get get past the baby boom, andf some high tech areas (Italy and Japan) have strongly negative population growth, about one child each.

If the rest of the world had our level of population growth for the past 50 years, there would be less than 3 billion on the planet and shrinking. The problem is these poor areas are still pumping out people, and they are angry they can't have a western standard of living. Well, if their past two generations hadn't been so busy pumping out as many kids as possible there would be enough to go around. I don't see why our kids should suffer a massive crash in their standard of living because peasants have pumped out six kids each from Egypt to Malaysia. In the seventies the Arabian penisula produced SEVEN kids per woman.

We need to get on top of the poorer nations population growth for our own sake. Offer free mass contraception and sterilisations. Refuse to take immigration from theses countries, we are not there to home their overspill. Until it reachs a real nasty crunch, these areas will do nothing to slow the growth. For example, Egypt can't feed it's population now. We are sending them money to buy grain. Is the birth rate dropping? No. So we'll have to send more food money next year. They are having 3.4 children each, still. Then whining they can't feed them and blaming us.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

paddz420
Yeah, I don't think we have a huge amount of time left

This is a great, and eye-opening video. Has less than 100 views on YT (!!!!)

(And, I would be willing to bet they are all ATS')

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My husband's family had a wheat farm for 150 years on the Palouse. We talk to family farmers still there. For the past five years, their planting and harvesting patterns have been interrupted. Too much rain and not enough snow at the right time as was the old pattern. You cannot harvest wet wheat.

Think about that for awhile.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

one of many ideas ...think of one yourself

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join