It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we spend to much time focused on the problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have been realizing lately that i spend to much time in this world focused on the problems of this world rather then focusing on myself and love and the afterlife.

I just need to take a step back and focus more on love and being happy rather then focusing on the problems and feeling intelligent or angry or any of it really.

When i look at it honestly its really pointless to spend my entire life trying to change something to small and finite that it doesnt even register on a cosmic scale.

I think i need to spend more time working on the afterlife and in love. Ill have to figure that one out.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Easy to empathize with you on these points. We get wrapped up on the minute details of our problems, lose the forest for the trees, and forget to enjoy life for all the wonderful things it offers (like love). Fighting against our fundamental human inclination to solve problems is difficult. There is a reason people are drawn to drama and conflict. Our brains' wiring is, to say the least, tricky.

I, however, support your quest towards a love-based focus.

I read once that we have all come to this place (i.e., consciousness in humanity in this dimension) to find unconditional love. That's compelling.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

onequestion

I think i need to spend more time working on the afterlife and in love.

The only afterlife I believe in is the one you/I/we leave behind in what is the "here and now" for those still living the mortal coil.

The influence a person has had in their life when they die is what matters most, so concentrating on living is what matters to me. If everyone could share their personal positivity in the world around them, it would negate the (false) need to try and "save the world" from a distance. The "domino effect" if you like.

My best friend died on tuesday, the funeral is in the next day or two. I will be there to celebrate his life, not mourn his death. His afterlife is what lives in those who knew him who are still living and it is alive today, tommorrow and every day in future depending on US.

R.I.P. dear Stuart.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why not, if we ignore all of the "problems", they will just go away....evaporate and no new problems will materialize, therefore a grand utopia will emerge upon the horizion. overpopulation, pollution, psycopolitics, NSA, economic disaster, the list goes on and on and on....even an earthbound asteroid the size of Rhode island will just change course and never become an issue. Humans are odd creatures, there are the problem people, and the problem solvers, the deniers and the realist, the bottom line is as a pathetic joke, both need each other, not for basic survival, but as a way to keep one from becoming too powerful. I am not the bad guy here, I am a problem solver, that is the basic description of my job, I have been told I am very good at it. My biggest issue is that the problem creators are exploding in numbers, causing an imbalance as the number of problem solvers drops, and the end result is many, many creators standing around looking for somebody to fix their latest dumb move. just like a parasite, if you ignore it long enough, it will take you down....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

perhaps thats where the biggest trap of life is, keeping us focused on ideas of the past and potential futures. Lets just be and realize everything we need to realize.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Double post sorry.
edit on 19-12-2013 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I have been realizing lately that i spend to much time in this world focused on the problems of this world rather then focusing on myself and love and the afterlife.

If everyone thought like that, not one problem would get solved.

If you change that to "I spend too much time focusing on the problem, and not enough time on the solution" that would be more benefiting to the world and more of an act of love which would lead to a place in the afterlife.

When i look at it honestly its really pointless to spend my entire life trying to change something to small and finite that it doesnt even register on a cosmic scale.

I remember reading a quotation somewhere that went something along the lines of;

"How do you change the world? One small act of kindesss at a time"

Just something to think about.
edit on 19-12-2013 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Totally agree with you. As the idiom goes : "look after number one" (meaning take care of yourself first)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I agree with what you're saying and it's a mentality I've been trying to adopt more and more recently, as I've spent a long time 'worrying' about all sorts of crap. I'm generally happy/content with life most days - it's just the frustration, sadness and quite frankly shocked disbelief at what's actually happening on a larger scale on Earth. But that's a whole different story, on many levels.

The real problem arises when the cause of your worries is also limiting your ability to escape them at the same time. That's why you still have to be well in tune with your thoughts, because that 'worrying' is justified one way or another, and should result in appropriate response to whatever the root of it is.

It's all in the balancing of it I guess. Like you said, you need to focus on yourself as well. But if you care, you'll always care. Ignorance is bliss but once the eyes are open they cannot remain shut for long.

Remember - the more awareness, compassion and love a human achieves, the more 'pain' and suffering he is able to experience through those same avenues. A gift and a curse as they say.

Good luck

edit on 19-12-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am fairly certain that God intends for us to find ways to work on our problems as a species. Though that does not imply that there is anything wrong with what you are considering.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Or, instead of focusing on the afterlife, you can focus fully on living this life so that you can bring your full potential with you whenever you do leave this life.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Exactly brother.

top topics

join