It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: One week of silence... No new images. What happened to the martian billionaire rover?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Seems that I'm operative, again, (hope...) after have fixed a mysterious problem who blocked my connection to NASA servers. I open the MSL website and..... NOTHING. No new images from December 10 2013.
I've found nothing about this black-out.
Current Mars Time: SOL 485.; Latest image delivered SOL 478. Any news about it? What happened to the martian billionaire rover?

curiosityrover.com...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...#/?slide=478

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
They had to black it out so nobody would see Santa preparing for his yearly run with the greys....err... elves..

I am glad that you seem to have gotten your troubles sorted out and can view pics on the site again (when they are posted). It would have been sad if you couldn't research it anymore.

Hopefully they will post something soon that you can analyze.

edit on 12/17/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks for your kind words.

The only good thing is that I've miss nothing during my personal black-out

And seems that I'm forced to investigate on the "old images".

edit on 17-12-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I am very relieved that the connection resumed. Since I am pressed with time in my daily rituals, I live vicariously through you. Your endless struggles to find the ancient civilizations and/or ancient fossils clues that existed on extraterrestial planets is what keeps me being a member on this site.

Thank you Arken for "Holding up the fort" as they say over here.

Kratos....Oh My!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
hey Dude

Glad your allowed back on the Nasa site

I genuinely think the porthole pic had them scared, there was no way that was natural.

Anyway good to see you posting again, I always look forward to your threads and appreciate the time and effort that must go into researching them.

Love ya work, keep it up

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Thank you.

Hope to find something interesting...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Even though I loathe your martian rock threads Arken I must say congratulations on getting your access to NASA back… Being Christmas and all I must embrace the holiday spirit.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
OP keep the good work. A star from me.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

boncho
Even though I loathe your martian rock threads Arken I must say congratulations on getting your access to NASA back… Being Christmas and all I must embrace the holiday spirit.

Thanks boncho.
Even though I loathe your maniacal skepticism , being Christmas time I embrace the Holiday spirit too...

edit on 17-12-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Great you're back but........what happened to Curiosity???? Does anyone know. Is Arken the only one blacked out on the planet (I think the spine and the porthole are tied for curious finds of the Arken/Curiosity team)?

Curiosity, where art thou?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It may have something to do with that martian road,which incidently now looks like martian tunnels.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 17-12-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Or the cyborgs are not dead www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Yes: a very interesting anomaly.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by Arken

It may have something to do with that martian road,which incidently now looks like martian tunnels.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 17-12-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling

Yes, that Acquerello/Watercolor image make me laugh.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Arken

symptomoftheuniverse

Yes: a very interesting anomaly.
Thanks,its its been put into the jokes and puns area! Thats a conspiracy in its self.

Anyway a fossil fish for you and a machine with a gold dish slightly infront of the fossil fish,for your perusal. mars.jpl.nasa.gov... just to past some time while curiosity wakes up

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I can see it. I think they blocked you for looking at too many rock photos. //cheers

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Staroth
reply to post by Arken

I can see it. I think they blocked you for looking at too many rock photos. //cheers

You can see new images? Which SOLS?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I see them now. New images from Only Sol 485.

I bark and they release....

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They've been upgrading Curiosity's software: astrogeology.usgs.gov...

Sol 476-477 Update On Curiosity From USGS Scientist Ken Herkenhoff: Good Time for an Upgrade

6 December 2013

I'm uplink lead for the Opportunity Microscopic Imager and engineering cameras (Hazcams and Navcams) today, so have not been able to follow MSL planning as closely as usual. Operating two rovers on Mars at the same time is a good problem to have! The MSL weekend plan includes more MAHLI imaging of the rover wheels and a short drive to a location that looks good for dumping and examining the drill sample. If all goes well, most of next week will be spend upgrading the rover flight software. Many of the MSL scientists will be attending the fall meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco next week, so it's a good time for the software upgrade, which will preclude scientific observations. During the meeting, there will be a press briefing summarizing recent science results.

You can keep track of what's happening with Curiosity at the Unmanned Spaceflight Forum

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Thank you wildespace.

Sharp as usual

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join