It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality as Costume

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by ancientthunder

Interesting post, its all about definition. For me anybody that 'has' to destroy purposely with no compassion is not spiritual but sick.

Absolutely. Spirituality differs between each person. A brand of spirituality is created by each practitioner, no two spiritualities alike, but they are nonetheless spliced from the same sources and, after a while, begin to sound mostly the same.

The word 'spirit' points toward 'no thingness'.
The non conceptual is not a religion or an ideal.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The non conceptual is not a religion.

Then why so religious about it?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Aphorism

The non conceptual is not a religion.

Then why so religious about it?

This site is not about promoting ignorance.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Neither is it about promoting your religious beliefs.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Aphorism

Neither is it about promoting your religious beliefs.

It seems that is your forte.
First a thread declaring that we are all religious and now a thread with more of your beliefs - spirituality as costume.
Then you project it on to all you see and then you can fight with it.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It seems that is your forte.
First a thread declaring that we are all religious and now a thread with more of your beliefs - spirituality as costume.
Then you project it on to all you see and then you can fight with it.

I appreciate your assessment.

But fighting with what exactly? I have barely lifted a finger or two. I thought we were conversing. Was the reason you replied to my thread so that you can converse with me? Or is it you seek to knock me down a peg or two?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You should write a thread on how to be non-conceptual, and then put up a video.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by LittleByLittle

But if they have had paranormal experiences and you have not then how can you know they have not experienced more than you?

Everyone has mystical experiences. And I don't doubt them; only they know the truth and they have to live with it.

The problem is that many times you cannot get a second opinion on what you have experienced it you like one.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

The body is the costume.

Yet when we remove your spirituality that is all of you that is left over.

And how are "we' going to remove it and what is IT that you are talking about?
What is your concept of "spirituality"?

Since this is a conspiracy site get it right before you write about Hitler and research Hitler .
Hitler was said to be a Rothschild bloodline and he was in a secret society (or do you naively think you think one man convinced Germans to worship him and act on their unconscious fear & hate) ?
The group minds had Heinrich Himmler - The Black Magician. Hitler in Munich got involved with others, who had the same dedication to occult powers one of them was Eckardt, a Satanist.

So I would not say it was the east spiritual learnings earlier on that Hitler discarded are associated with his "ideology " it was the teachings of a group of occult satanists.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hitler, was smart as he was unstable. He was also christian.

It just he had the anger of revolution in him, and used for his own personal goals. Which ended up eradicating a 2/3 of a specific race, and a whole bunch of other too...That weren't up to his standards. I wonder if he would turn coat on Japan.

Spirituality a child toy to a wise person, but for...anything less...well.

Look at our ancestors.

Take Solomon for example. He was going to cut a baby in half...And he was wise.
edit on 15-12-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Every spirituality is whatever they want it to be. It is lost simply by not using it.

Hitler held on to his perhaps a bit too long.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

Every spirituality is whatever they want it to be. It is lost simply by not using it.

Hitler held on to his perhaps a bit too long.

Whacky ideas .
What did hitler hold onto a bit too long? His satanism or his will to power?
What is your definition of spirituality(Ie what you are talking about/meaning)?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Yes, he held on to his brand of opinions, his spirituality, and what he thought were truths worth striving for, but which proved more immaterial than the very material things he destroyed to reach them. Spirituality in a nut shell.

What are you talking about/meaning?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

Yes, he held on to his brand of opinions, his spirituality, and what he thought were truths worth striving for, but which proved more immaterial than the very material things he destroyed to reach them. Spirituality in a nut shell.

What are you talking about/meaning?

So when you use the word spirituality you really mean: thoughts of what you think are truth and worth striving for but are more immaterial that the things destroyed to reach the thoughts .
That is not an accepted definition of spirituality for it is just defines one's egotistical idea's and personal material goals .
You have substituted personal opinions for spirituality.
As you know if personal opinion was spirituality you would be a guru.
Hitler's personal opinions were those of the secret society of which he was a member.

Your said your effort was to try to tarnish ( or associate )spirituality with Hitler (& personal opinions) is pretty pathetic...and so is telling people that men with beards are lazy, next you'll be telling us negative things about Jews ( & confusing orthodox jews with zionists)...
and ironically isn't that what hitler & his SS specialized in... propaganda?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

if you could, study enlightenment and go and get it directly for yourself, then everything is a moot point...there is no more to ask, no more to say...really!!!!!

Everything is a costume and a costume is everything.

Charles Manson wore pants....we should then ban all pants.
Hitler breathed air, ate food, we should then ban breathing & eating.
Gacy watched TV, w should ban all TV

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think this sums it up pretty nicely...

i think there is a big difference between "internal" and "external" spirituality... and since it is a deeply personal issue, only internal" spirituality is real... everything else is showing off a "better than you"- attitude

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Aphorism

Spirituality as Costume

"Only in the steady and constant application of force lies the very first prerequisite for success. This persistence, however, can always and only arise from a definite spiritual conviction. Any violence which does not spring from a firm, spiritual base, will be wavering and uncertain."

"The purest idealism is unconsciously equivalent to the deepest knowledge."

Adolf Hitler – Mein Kampf

Adolf was SO full of BS.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

You said Hitler and spiritual in the same sentence. You said Hitler and spiritual in the same sentence. You said Hitler and spiritual in the same sentence. You said Hitler and spiritual in the same sentence. You said Hitler and spiritual in the same sentence. You said Hitler and spiritual in the same sentence. See? no matter how many times you say it, it's still wrong! Don't get it? ok. try this one. If I step in front of a speeding bus, it will do no harm. If I step in front of a speeding bus, it will do no harm. If I step in front of a speeding bus, it will do no harm. If I step in front of a speeding bus, it will do no harm. If I step in front of a speeding bus, it will do no harm. See? this DOESN'T work either!
Here's one that does. Religion - What people who can read use to brainwash people who can't, and then they ask for money! This also works - If you can't convert it, kill it.
But if there is still need for experiment, try this. Consider the known Universe and that which created it. What else do you have? it works alot better than You said Hitler and spiritual in the same sentence.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Sorry, but, is it going to be your duty to tell people what spirituality is? That sounds like a dreadful task. Next you're going tell me how less spiritual I am and how more spiritual you are.

If you don't mind answering—what is spirituality?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join