It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the universe collapse TODAY? Physicists claim that risk is ‘more likely than ever'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Soo..
What would you say is "OUTSIDE" the universe...
If you can explain WHAT the univers IS, then.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

brace22

Future looks bright.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Time to work on that bucket list.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

What would you say is "OUTSIDE" the universe…

Well, I personally believe that God is outside of the universe, but I don't think that's what you're asking.

In physical reality, the natural world, there is no "outside" of the universe, there is simply where the universe is and where the universe is not. Where the universe is is expanding, but where the universe is not is not shrinking. Sorry if that's confusing, I'm not sure how to explain it more clearly than that.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
One more thing...
14 billion years into the existance of the Universe, so by now some parts of space-time would've already been eaten by this super density bubble #. No single evidence for that.
Bunch of old farts stealing days from the rest of their lives lol and have nothing better to do.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
And as i said, SPECULATIONS...

You have NO idea really..
GOD...comon...

You cant calculate with numbers on a speculation PERIOD
cause thet would be TOTALY irrelivant...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
With the amount of dark energy being significantly higher than dark matter and regular visible matter combined in this bubble of existence, plus the rate at which the universe is accelerating. I highly doubt that the big crunch will happen today or even in the near future. Hell i even doubt it'll happen at all. Like what other users stated is that the universe would most likely end in a big rip or a big freeze.
Around 75% of the universe has dark energy (force that is acelerating the universes expansion.)
Around 20% of the universe has dark matter (force that keeps the galaxies together and from flying apart and into the bulk other than gravity.)
Around 5% is regular visible matter (the stuff you can see.)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Miccey

Soo..

I'll answer
The multiverse, the bulk, the membranes that created our universe.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

truthofnitrous

Miccey

Soo..

I'll answer
The multiverse, the bulk, the membranes that created our universe.

And more speculations...Irrelevant.
No numbers needed...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

Theories based on speculations.
The numbers can go sideways if you like...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

What speculation?

For pete's sakes, take a few minutes to educate yourself on some rudimentary physics and cosmology -- I gave you links to two very easy to comprehend articles on how we know that the universe is in a state of accelerated expansion, through observation, not speculation. The speculation/theorization is why that state exists, not whether it exists, because that is a known fact.

If you refuse to learn why we can say that, then you're just embracing ignorance and there is no point in participating in this discussion.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Miccey
And as i said, SPECULATIONS...

You have NO idea really..
GOD...comon...

cause thet would be TOTALY irrelivant...

Exactly, also one of the previous posters said 'scientists know for a fact the universe is expanding', that's bull really as their 'facts' are facts ultimately based on guesses. Guesses based on guesses. We have whole theories and branches of science which are almost written in stone as fact, but are based on a guess..I.e the big bang.
edit on 1320132013Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:54:56 -060011am1213FridayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: missed a letter off

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Rudimentary physics.

What happens when a bomb goes of in a closed room?
Or even "outside"?!?

How fast does a snail go, on....?!?!?

Heres a nut:
I give you a piece of....
I ask, why isnt this glass...

Do the math, give me some numbers

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

If the universe collapsed into a fiery tennis ball right now, I don't think it would kill us... in fact, I don't think we'd even notice. Everything that exists now would still exist within that tennis ball, just on a different scale.
The only way someone could observe the collapse of the universe is if they exist outside of it. That's my take anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

It is good to see some wild theories coming out of physics. They need to look way outside the box.

Personally I just don't buy the whole big bang theory and the expanding universe. And I bet eventually both will be proven wrong.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Don't worry. The universe isn't going to collapse as long as I'm alive. The second I'm dead, however, you're on your own.

(Not really. You won't exist either.)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Relax everyone - it's a Daily Mail article.

This should be in the hoax bin.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

soficrow
reply to post by brace22

Very cool. Yet another reason to love like there's no tomorrow - embrace life and all that we value. Be grateful. Enjoy. Don't take anything for granted.

S&F

Life is terminal... have a second slice of cake if you want to! Bet those folks on the Titanic could've/would've had a third slice of cake.

Derek

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

brace22

The mind-bending concept has been around for a while, but now researchers in Denmark claim they have proven it is possible with mathematical equations.

Proven it is possible with mathematical equations....

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." - Nikola Tesla

edit on 13-12-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
I've heard it referred to as the big crunch. Opposite of the big bang. But it is probably billions of years from happening if it ever does. This is a case where I will say a theory is just that. And theoretical physics boarders on magic anyway. Abra Cadabra. I created as I speak. ( The magic words translated to English)

“But what about the End of the Universe? We'll miss the big moment."
I've seen it. It's rubbish," said Zaphod,"nothing but a gnab gib."
A what?"
Opposite of a big bang. Come on, let's get zappy.”
D. Adams

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

There is a postulation that the vacuum is just on the edge of stability, and if it goes unstable, we could literally have something akin to a new big bang inside our present universe, which would literally expand out at the speed of light and destroy everything in its path. So since its approaching you at the speed of light, the only warning you would get would be your own disintegration, it a nanosecond timescale. Probably quite painless, as you would cease to exist in less time than pain impulses could be created by the event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join