It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Letting lesbians in your house might turn your kids gay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
well, it may be true. I'm a lesbian in a mans body.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
The right to free speech seems to be something the GLBT folks cannot seem to get their head around.

You don't like what this man has to say then don't listen. If what he has to say is out to left field then nobody is going to tune in and he won't be on air very long. If people want to listen to comments like this that is something the GLBT community are going to have to deal with... Or would they rather everyone that didn't see it their way get marched out on to the street and so anyone who wants to can throw pie and tomato at them?

Bunch of hypocrites.
edit on 12-12-2013 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

So....

You're stating that glbts can't accept freedom of speech because they exercise freedom of speech by commenting on this guy's ridiculous dribble?

Wait what?

I wasn't aware that anyone in this topic had called for the physical assault of this old geezer.

I have seen a lot of opinions and uh...that's freedom of speech. When you say ridiculous and stoopid things people have the freedom to laugh at you and shake their heads.

Either way I am still awaiting him to tell us how this gay ray works. I am very interested.

If Scarlet Johansen and Kate Beckinsale start dating, thank me.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Pat's a girls name.

I bet he's gay.

*snickers*

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

OrphanApology

So....

You're stating that glbts can't accept freedom of speech because they exercise freedom of speech by commenting on this guy's ridiculous dribble?

Ya, but he never called out any lesbians by name. If he did I would be asking him what his problem was for sure. Besides that, if I were to stand up for what this guy says, I too am put under the spotlight and subject to public ridicule. Nobody is going to start pointing out lesbians that disagree. In a nutshell the brazen push for GLBT rights operates similar to the Nuremberg trials...

I wasn't aware that anyone in this topic had called for the physical assault of this old geezer.

Fair enough, The west coast is still at work though, give it time

Either way I am still awaiting him to tell us how this gay ray works. I am very interested.

LOL Look, I'm not vouching for this guy and I will admit this thread is a bad example of how out of control I have seen it get. I stated in my intro here and I stand by it. I don't care what you do in the bedroom and I find it tasteless how it now has to be so proudly announced what gets people off. I don't care and to some conservative types it is offensive. So who is encroaching on who's liberties? That was not rhetorical if you would like to answer.

And if they continue a linage of beautiful offspring, you can thank me

edit on 12-12-2013 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

If you are comparing a gay person's fight for legal protections to the Nuremberg trials then I am going to say in my freedom of speech opinion that you sir or ma'am, are wrong.

Also freedom of speech doesn't mean you are free from criticism.

It simply means that neither you nor anyone else can use the rule of law to stifle someone's opinion.

Edit: Also, when you vote to continually make it to where it is impossible for a couple that is gay to have legal protections you are encroaching their legal rights, not the other way around. A gay marriage does not encroach your legal rights whatsoever. Neither does it increase the number of lesbian or gay couples in existence. And if you say that gays having legal rights encroaches your right to have a bible worthy marriage between man and woman, there is no right to that whatsoever as it is a religious belief not a contractual right given by a secular government.

edit on 12-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As a public service, I visited the AP (Associated Press) website for a stock photo of Pat Robertson, just in case anyone was interested.

I think I got the right one. He's pictured (on the left) with a life-long "friend" Carl.

edit on 12-12-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

OrphanApology

If you are comparing a gay person's fight for legal protections to the Nuremberg trials then I am going to say in my freedom of speech opinion that you sir or ma'am, are wrong.

What protections? What are you talking about? To marry? that has nothing to do with free speech, it is about redefining our society and what is considered acceptable. Again, I do not care what gets you off. I am soooooo sorry your catching some resistance. And no I am not wrong. Just like how anyone who defended a Nazi of charges was persecuted as a collaborator to mass murder.... Anyone who defends someones stance on anti-gay marriage is also persecuted. So no sir or ma'am, YOU are wrong.

Also freedom of speech doesn't mean you are free from criticism.

It simply means that neither you nor anyone else can use the rule of law to stifle someone's opinion.
Fine, then stop using it like a soapbox.

Edit: Also, when you vote to continually make it to where it is impossible for a couple that is gay to have legal protections you are encroaching their legal rights, not the other way around.

They have the same human rights as everyone else, and now they are asking for more.

A gay marriage does not encroach your legal rights whatsoever
My moral rights maybe, but hey go ahead a keep redefining what is moral because you are so special.

Neither does it increase the number of lesbian or gay couples in existence
It might. How do you know? Show me a case study.

And if you say that gays having legal rights encroaches your right to have a bible worthy marriage between man and woman, there is no right to that whatsoever as it is a religious belief not a contractual right given by a secular government.

I don't know about that. I am not religious, I am a pro-creationist.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

beezzer
As a public service, I visited the AP (Associated Press) website for a stock photo of Pat Robertson, just in case anyone of you was interested.

I think I got the right one. He's pictured (on the left) with a life-long "friend" Carl.

Beezer, you and I don't agree on much but this one made me LOL.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I was a virgin until I turned 22 so Pat Robertson was right when he said Dungeons and Dragons literally destroys lives.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Another famous Pat Robertson quote.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I seem to be to incompetent to embed videos.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
Anyone who defends someones stance on anti-gay marriage is also persecuted. So no sir or ma'am, YOU are wrong.

As opposed to anyone that promotes secular morality and the right to make decisions about one's sexuality?

It can look like a one way street whilst staring down the traffic, but that's a busy intersection and it comes from two or more directions.

Fine, then stop using it like a soapbox.

It's a soapbox issue really as shown by your following points:

They have the same human rights as everyone else, and now they are asking for more.

My moral rights maybe, but hey go ahead a keep redefining what is moral because you are so special.

It was a person saying something without much evidence really. If gay people could make more gay people with any kind of regularity I'm sure we would have noticed at some point in history.

I mean you say you're not defending this person, but you're certainly using their existence as a springboard to be upset about things. Perhaps maybe it has a devaluing effect on your opinions and prevents your potential audience from engaging with your opinions because they just see a person throwing rhetoric in a half hearted defence of someone that has clearly not presented their opinion too well fact or not?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

What the heck is a pro-creationist? As in youre pro- procreation.. as in only having sex if reproduction is involved.. or the whole world was created and not big banged...ist??

Im an "I- dont-care-who-anyone-is-porking-unless-someone-i-dont-like-wants-to-pork-me-ist". I think they call us "mind-our-own-business-ists" and also sometimes an "Im-not-concerned-who-falls-in-love-with-who-just-as-long -as-theyre-good-to-each-other-ist". I just joined and am now a "seen-heterosexuals-who-shouldnt-own-a-goldfish-much-less-procreate-ist". Im also a "sex-for-fun-and-recreation-and-not-only-for-reproduction-ist".

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Obviously Pat Robertson means that if your kids hit puberty and are starting to think about sex.This might confuse them because of what they see or learn.This stuff really is not that hard to grasp.
I understand it is a contraversal subject and Pat Robertson says contraversal comments as well all the time.

So it might influence them when they get older.MIGHT!!! Or some of them it does and some it does not.Some may be born that way but we still do not understand why.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

you turn your kids gay with juiceboxes too

Whats weird about that? There is a link with the effect of plastics as hormone disrupters on the endocrine system. Last I heard testosterone was a hormone. But I could see how that would not sit well with the LGBT

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I'll do more than that, I'll ask you directions to their wardrobe, so I can hide and watch

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't understand the logic behind that statement.

This is like saying that letting cats into your house will turn your kids into cats.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

Televangelist Pat Robertson warned a viewer on Thursday that she should be careful when allowing lesbian friends into her home because “you don’t want your children to grow up as lesbians.”

So does Rev. Pat have some inside knowledge as to a diabolical virus that infects children and turns them gay?
Or do Lesbians give off some kind of gay ray that targets kids and changes them into homosexuals?

I don't have any kids but you can't be to careful; it might just happen to adults as well. I guess Ive been lucky so far because my gay friends haven't affected me or my GF; thank God!!!

Too late. I'm already a lesbian...trapped in a man's body.

I wonder if Pat quantified hot lesbians or butch lesbians. It'd make a difference. (Sarcasm)

One more:

Sexual acts between women is a disgusting, sinful, abomination...

...unless there is a man present with a videocamera.

Sorry for the jokes, but Pat is such a joke himself that I thought it fitting.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Edit: Also, when you vote to continually make it to where it is impossible for a couple that is gay to have legal protections you are encroaching their legal rights, not the other way around.

I despise a lot of the tripe by tele-evangelists.
They certainly are asking for more. What a lot of people seem to miss is that there is a an agenda by certain factions to promote non heterosexual activities and I think the ultimate goal is towards depopulation.

As hard hitting as it may sound I would like to quote this.

www.savethemales.ca...

The Rockefeller Foundation is funding this campaign. Type in Google "Rockefeller Foundation" and "Women's Studies" and you will get 136,000 entries, many acknowledging support. Type in RF and "homosexual" and you will get 221,000 entries. Type in RF and "heterosexual" and you get only 11,700 entries, mostly in reference to their promotion of homosexuality. The Rockefeller Foundation is on the vanguard of the elite's efforts to breed a slave race. For almost a century, it has funded research and lobbying designed to control population (the pill, abortion) separate sex from procreation (e.g. the "Sexual Revolution," The Kinsey Report) and destroy the nuclear family. It has funded the eugenics movement worldwide including Dr. Josef Mengele's experiments on live concentration camp inmates. Ladies, these are the folks who are bringing you feminism - See more at: www.savethemales.ca...

Take it for what its worth...but you cant keep your head in the sand.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Like Ron says.....We are all gay

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

TheConstruKctionofLight
reply to post by Advantage

you turn your kids gay with juiceboxes too

Whats weird about that? There is a link with the effect of plastics as hormone disrupters on the endocrine system. Last I heard testosterone was a hormone. But I could see how that would not sit well with the LGBT

Ohhhh goody, an expert! Tell me, just how many juiceboxes a day for what period of time will turn a person "gay"?? So... less testosterone makes you gay? JOnes got it wrong and you do too. You are more forgivable since youre not spreading disinfo as fact all day long like he is for YEARS. Disruption in your hormones causes some heinous gnarly health issues.. but THE GAY isnt one of them.

Not sit well with the LGBT crowd? Your comment should not sit well with anyone who made it through high school biology.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join