It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative Effects of Television - Symbolic in a Music Video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Woaa, first time I ever see this music video (made in 2010) and I must say I'm quite impressed.

It's pretty efficient in both sending a profound message and being a very great entertainment.

I think we can all agree Television has a negative impact on us all. It also have positive aspects but this video clearly shows only one side of the coin - the dark one. When I watch it, I feel like it perfectly represents the way TV influence the human's mind and psyche. It could be compared to an infinite form of control and manipulation... it's just so easy and people miserably fail to see it.

I know for a fact many will try to deny this, but sometimes I just can't help but face the truth. Most tv shows are barely watchable the way they are as of right now. And I believe it's getting worse years after years.

Anyways, I like how these artists [Blockhead - The Music Scene] succeeded in bringing a delicate taboo: the distorsion of reality through the use of artificial screens. In this instance, being the way we perceive animals..

What do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Evening,

I agree.
Television is a blight on mankind.
It's the State's primary means of control.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yeah, declaring yet once again how TV is bad is very edgy and hip.

How come no one ever celebrates the positive effects of television?

You know, like how you can broadcast edgy videos that say the same tired messages over and over in order to seem hip and edgy?

But I'm sure that's not all that is positive about television.

I personally love That Metal Show.

edit on CST06America/Chicago50Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:33:42 -0600336063150 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Well, just wanted to share this cool video with you guys and, as you might already know, creating a new thread requires a subject attached to it.

So, be it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

No, its a cool video, thanks for posting it.

I dig creativity, and originality, too.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

TheWrightWing
reply to post by St0rD

No, its a cool video, thanks for posting it.

I dig creativity, and originality, too.

Yes I understand.

But creativity and originality also comes from individuals. So, by making this thread about a subject I've never talked about around here, with my own vision, beliefs and thoughts, I just give a small glimpse of the originality and creativity you're looking for.

Yes, maybe you have seen a topic talking about TV and its negative aspects multiple times in the past, but it was still not today, and with the video and introduction I provided.
Isn't the same painting of a tree done by different artists also being alike in the end? Still yet, we look at it with a different perception. That's why it's so important to live fully in the present moment. This way, you can always look at (old) things with different eyes.

Ofc, I could have gone further in my claims, but that wasn't the main idea of this topic.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
How about this one?

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
YES DO NOT WATCH TELEVISION WATCH FREAKY YOUTUBE VIDEOS INSTEAD!

Wait what is hypocrisy...?

nice indoctrination video and I loved the Stag god overseeing it in the end! Wahoo!
edit on 11-12-2013 by abeverage because: of foolishness in the eye of the beholder...

top topics

join