It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial sweetener aspartame 'is safe'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sooooo, yet another opinion......but this time.....it's official......again.

Aspartame, which sometimes appears on labels as E951, and its breakdown products are safe for human consumption at current levels of exposure, says the EFSA.

Approximately 200 times sweeter than sugar, the low-calorie sweetener is used in many foods and soft drinks.

An Acceptable Daily Intake, or ADI, is set at 40mg per kg of body weight per day.

This is equivalent to 2800mg for an average British adult. For an average 3-year-old child the amount is around 600 mg.

The artificial sweetener aspartame is safe and poses no threat to health, European food regulators conclude.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The artificial sweetener aspartame is safe and poses no threat to health, European food regulators conclude.

The European Food Safety Authority brought forward its review, planned for completion by 2020, at the request of the European Commission.

Since it came into use in the 1980s, a number of medical studies have questioned aspartame's safety.

The EFSA says it left "no stone unturned" during its full risk assessment.

edit on 10-12-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Dec 10 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed...tags added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not sure what happened when I "copied and pasted" but the post looks a bit odd.

Sorry, go to link for report.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oh yay! E coli poop is safe to consume. Still disgusting though if you ask me.

www.metro.us...

www.upi.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Sounds like the one earlier in the year?

Just yesterday seen a new study on the effects of it, such as skin wrinkles and premature aging of skin by causing inflammation of cells.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Oh yeah, aspartame is good for you...and jumping out of a plane without a parachute is a hoot too.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

The problem is that it contains phenylalanine now remember when you were in school and you used Phenyl red or Phenyl blue to dye the cell sample and highlight the cellular cytoplasts (those little things in the cytoplasm such as mitochondria or indeed the nucleus itself and even the chromosomes so they could be observed during mitosis), well the phenylalanine is used to carry the dye into the cell as it is an intercellular solvent that can pass through the cell walls so it can carry stuff into your cells.

In and of itself it may be safe but mix it with other compounds that in and of themselves may be safe such as,

Sodium Benzoate, now the human gut is essentially a chemical and enzymatic High PH chemical reactor so it may be possible that as well as Phenylalanine being liberated that in some cases benzene can also be liberated, now Benzene is called an aromatic ring and is a known, scientifically and medically recognised carcinogen (it causes or triggers cancer) in this state, so phenylalanine to carry it into the cell and Benzene to cause or trigger the cancer and that is just one possible chemical combination from millions.

Safe not on your life.

But try avoiding these chemicals for unless you are a fully green organic home farmer with your own poly tunnel and live stock then you can simply not do it, Sodium Benzoate is one of the most common preservatives and Aspartame is almost everywhere while the governments are trying to ban high sugar drinks and drive the chemical industry's shares up (they probably have shares), along with the worst of all chemical food additives Monosodium glutamate Aspartame has been linked to a number of possible growing symptom's and some people have reported feeling better simply by avoiding it.
edit on 10-12-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Everything is safe. It's just that your competitor may have a whole lotta money to spend on smearing your name for a few decades until somebody actually speaks up to tell the truth.
These companies want to keep you and yours alive for as long as they can so that you'll consume their product and make them richer.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

You may want to tell the whole story and not stop there.....for full disclosure.

Association with benzene in soft drinks:
In combination with ascorbic acid (vitamin C, E300), sodium benzoate and potassium benzoate form benzene, a known carcinogen. When tested by the FDA, most beverages that contained both ascorbic acid and benzoate had benzene levels that were below those considered dangerous for consumption by the World Health Organization (5 ppb).[15] Most of the beverages that tested higher have been reformulated and subsequently tested below the safety limit.[15] Heat, light and shelf life can increase the rate at which benzene is formed.

Source

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Too bad it still tastes like ass...

Think i'll still avoid it...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Ah!
So you're one of those people who believe they can be confident that the State can be trusted to safely mandate the amount of poison in your food.
You don't trust 'em to run your country...but you're just fine with them in control the food and what goes in it?
Strange.

-Peace-
edit on 10-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Eryiedes

Ah!
So you're one of those people who believe they can be confident that the State can be trusted to safely mandate the amount of poison in your food.
You don't trust 'em to run your country...but you're just fine with them in control the food and what goes in it?
Strange.

-Peace-
edit on 10-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

Who said I believe it?? I only said to give the full story. The poster stopped at the "cancer" fear aspect of it, and that is just as bad as a govt manipulating/hiding research. IF someones posts are going to make a claim about cancer, please provide all the info so people can make an informed decision. If they believe the FDA, they should know this info, if not, then they can not believe it. At least present it for a fully informed decision.

edit on 12/10/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

They said the same thing about Agent Orange as well...

-Peace-
edit on 10-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Eryiedes

They said the same thing about Agent Orange as well...

-Peace-
edit on 10-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: (no reason given)

Are you comparing aspartame to agent orange now?? That's a pretty far leap, almost into hyperbole territory IMO.

edit on 12/10/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Let's just say I don't trust government agencies with a documented history of lying without some absolutely air-tight evidence and "acceptable levels of carcinogens" doesn't qualify sir.
How do you think that advertizing campaign would fare?

"One can won't kill ya!"

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Isn't Aspartame a pain killer? LOL We all know what happens when your body developes a need for 'pain killers', your entire body becomes in pain after it gets into your system and your system becomes use to it being there then relying on it... So honestly stay away from that stuff...

Source = Herbal Remedies book 1980
suewidemark.com...
edit on 10-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: link

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Wow--Benzine is safe? Never thought I would hear that from any credible source; Oh, its ATS, the "conspiracy site" that advocated for the corporate status quo.

Dont worry the rest of us, we are just fodder to the corporations.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Benzine (Gatorade & Coke products), Aspartame (All soft drinks) , Carcinogenic Caramel Coloring (All Colas), Stem Cells (Pepsi Co) and it's all made with Floridated Water...how anyone can drink pop is beyond me.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Aspartame is made from the poop of the e coli virus. The poop of a virus found in poop.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Even the military ordered that all air force pilots not fly if they had consumed a beverage with aspartame 1 hour before take-off. It had something to do with this:

www.aspartamesafety.com...

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I actually agree and was not making a claim as to cancer but merely stating the facts as far as they are scientifically recognized, now as you know cancer can start as a few cells and that is why when a tumour is incised it is important to get all the infected tissue as the tumour can grow back, it all depends on the type of cancer and how aggressive it is, but I am a junk food addict so have probably ingested more of this crud than yourself.
You have added valuable information but the tact you took was wrong as I was not as I say making claims.
I actually worked with a quiet and gently man whom died from aggressive cancer which had riddled his body, he was one of the moulding machine operators in a plastic injection and tool making company I used to work at called Sanko Gosei UK and though no link can be proven I was a trained laboratory technician so knew of the dangers and heighted them to the senior management, they claimed it was only benzene fuel he was pouring into the hot tools to clean out excess plastic and it was safe (so my knowledge and credentials meant nothing to them), one day he left feeling ill and we never saw him again, about six months later we were told he had died in great pain and his body had been riddled with cancer, it was only the intervention of the UNION the IEEU whom got the infringement of health and safety stopped and not for another two years, I regret my own negligence after the fact in not immediately reporting it to the health and safety executive but it is doubtful they would ever have done anything, this is in the UK of course.
It only takes one cell with damaged dna or activated cancer to turn into a tumour so the government's and the big pharma are playing Russian roulette with peoples health as always.

new topics

top topics

join